The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The Home of Heavy Artillery... At Home (aka, gun lovers thread)
Posted: Mar 29, 2021 at 12:05 Quote
I have a 9mm SBR w/ a 4" barrel and stubby little stock that I will take with me if I need something. But I never leave any firearm in a vehicle over night or without me being in it hardly ever.

Posted: Mar 29, 2021 at 12:15 Quote
I'm a Cry Brit who doesn't own a gun for obvious reason, but I watch gun videos on YouTube like hickok45 etc.

I liked guns from a young age and had BB replicas and a blank firer. My gf in South Dakota told me she'll let me shoot her son in law's gun when I visit the U.S later next year or so, which I'm looking forward to.

Posted: Mar 30, 2021 at 21:38 Quote
kinny-pb wrote:
I'm a Cry Brit who doesn't own a gun for obvious reason, but I watch gun videos on YouTube like hickok45 etc.

I liked guns from a young age and had BB replicas and a blank firer. My gf in South Dakota told me she'll let me shoot her son in law's gun when I visit the U.S later next year or so, which I'm looking forward to.

From what I understand, you could get a firearms certificate and that would enable you to get rifles and shotguns, right?
How hard is it to get a certificate?

Posted: Mar 31, 2021 at 5:10 Quote
Possibly, although I've never looked into it. I know farmers own them, but no idea how easy it would be for a normal civilian like me to own a shotgun or rifle.

I'll have to do some research soon, I wouldn't mind getting myself a hunting rifle.

Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 21:12 Quote
Well, got my first handgun today. Went with a CZ-75 B Omega. Was able to get 250 rounds and am real excited to put some round through it. Also ordered a Diamond D Denali chest holster for it to carry in the woods.

Posted: Aug 2, 2021 at 23:40 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
Well, got my first handgun today. Went with a CZ-75 B Omega. Was able to get 250 rounds and am real excited to put some round through it. Also ordered a Diamond D Denali chest holster for it to carry in the woods.
Good choice, the CZ75 is a great platform... sturdy and reliable, shoots as good as sidearms costing a whole lot more.

Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 4:36 Quote
StUone7 wrote:

Sweet little piece. I got a P09 urban grey here a bit back and really love it. Im' looking for an all metal CZ pattern to go along with it next. Looking at an sp01. Hammer fire triggers are just so satisfying.

Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 10:59 Quote
Yea I figured this would be a good place to start to kind of cover all my bases and get used to shooting handguns. Big fan of the platform, tried and true with a lot of history, and really wanted a full size steel frame with a hammer. From here I’ll get more specialized pieces like a Glock 20 and a 1911.

Ten years ago when I worked at Academy in Houston I remember fondling a P07 (I think) we had in the store. I remember really liking the feel in the hand, just didn’t want polymer yet for more comfort putting rounds down range.

Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 11:07 Quote
Unless you're trying to lose Vietnam, the 1911 is really just a display piece. I wouldn't bother...

Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 12:01 Quote
Lol I already know you don’t care much for the 1911. I love them and yea, more of a history and personal piece than function which is why it wasn’t my first handgun.

Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 13:16 Quote
If I was going to get a 1911, I'd get two. One vintage, as old as I could find with a reasonable price tag. And the other would be an STI 2011. Because a doublestack 9mm 1911 sounds awesome.
photo
photo

Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 15:09 Quote
Ugh gross. Can’t stand that shit. I just want a Springfield Loaded, low pro Novak sights, parkerized, skeleton hammer and trigger, extended beaver tail, but still just parkerized and wood. Nothing fancy but not a pure GI style. A Colt Delta Elite would be sweet, too.

Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 16:53 Quote
You take that back. Staccato 2011s are beautiful.

Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 17:45 Quote
Lol never. I don’t think I’ll ever find race guns like that aesthetically pleasing.

Posted: Aug 3, 2021 at 22:41 Quote
StUone7 wrote:
Lol never. I don’t think I’ll ever find race guns like that aesthetically pleasing.

The Staccato XC isn't a race gun. The Limcat Razorcat is a race gun:
photo
And I think it looks amazing.

I think most race guns look amazing. Especially Glocks with optics on adapters. I recently acquired an ALG 6 Second Mount and set up one of my spare Polymer80 frames with a Primary Arms red dot and Strike Industries Mass Driver compensator. I always wanted a 6SM but they discontinued them, so when ALG announced on their IG that they found some bronze ones in a warehouse, I jumped up and snagged one quick.

Here is my most recent build:
photo
Notice the Magpul GL27 magazine because the wife and I moved to Oregon where they allow regular capacity magazines.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014641
Mobile Version of Website