So what do you guys think of the walmart downhill team?

PB Forum :: Downhill
So what do you guys think of the walmart downhill team?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 7:45 Quote
http://www.walmart.com/ip/26-DH-Team-Dual-Suspension-Mountain-Bike/10927851

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 7:49 Quote
it will be my bike for next year

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 8:01 Quote
pmsl!

Review from a customer

"Walmart Mongoose ROCKS!, 06/01/2009
This is my 3rd Walmart Mongoose bike in 10 years- still have all 3! Each was bought about 3 years apart. THE DH TEAM IS THE BEST ONE YET!!!
Each model was always the top offering at that time.

The XR-350 (2000) & the XR-450 (2004) each have logged over 750 miles plus in the Rattlesnake Creek & Pattee Canyon Mountain Trails while I lived in Missoula Montana until 2007.

I now live in Bozeman Montana with even more extereme Mountain Biking Trails- in Grad School.

THE DH TEAM EVIDENCES MONGOOOSE'S CONTINUOUS PRODUCT INNOVATION, DEVELOPMENT AND IMPROVEMENT!
All the components are from top manufacturers: RoxShocks, Ahead, Sram, Suntour, Zoom, Samox, Kenda, Sram, and of course, the excellent high end hydroforrmed and heat treated aluminum frames! Even the Mongoose Platform pedals are solid and beefy. The carbon fiber Zoom handlebars are great- this bike is the lightest heavy duty mountain bike I have ever seen! You can easily lift it with 2 fingers.

AS FOR ITS RIDE: Rock Solid!! I have a BMX public park right next door to my apart complex. It tears that course up like nothing and puts the guys with the 2-grand fancy brand bikes from specialty shops to shame as well as amazement.

IN THE MOUNTAINS: Our mtn. trails here are rather rocky; yet the DH Team soaks up the the bumps with nary a rattle. Although this bike is lightwight it absolutely mean rugged! Fork angle, frame geometry, and rear suspension- both front & rear shocks are adjustable- are perfect for serious mountain trails, and the Promax disc brakes easily and effortlessly will bring the bike from 40mph to 0 in 50 feet.

ACCESSORIZE: This bike has plenty of potential for and begs for accessories and upgrades. I added: Cane Creek suspension seatpost; Dimension stem Riser; Richie adjustable stem; THE front & rear fenders; Giant super gel seat; Giant cable lock; Elite pateo H2O cage- uppper and lower; Fatty tall bar ends; Blackburn light set.

IN SUMMARY THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL BRUTE THAT PERFORMS AS WELL OR BETTER AS THOSE "SO CALLED" TOP END BRAND 2,000 DOLLAR RIGS!

GO BUY IT BEFORE FOR THEY'RE ALL GONE!!!"

Walmart description

With the mongoose DH Team Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike, downhill riding never felt so good. Handle any terrain in style with a dual-suspension aluminum frame, 24-speed trigger shifters and custom camo wheels. This aggressive bike shows the bumps in the road who's boss, once and for all! lol

Frame: 4-Bar alloy dual-suspension hydro-form
Rear Shock:Coil spring, adjustable
Fork:Rock Shox Dart1 suspension fork, 100mm Eek

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 8:06 Quote
BWWWAAAAAHHHHHAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 8:06 Quote

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 12:58 Quote
davvi wrote:
pmsl!

Review from a customer

This is my 3rd Walmart Mongoose bike in 10 years- still have all 3! Each was bought about 3 years apart. THE DH TEAM IS THE BEST ONE YET!!!

The XR-350 (2000) & the XR-450 (2004) each have logged over 750 miles plus in the Rattlesnake Creek & Pattee Canyon Mountain Trails while I lived in Missoula Montana until 2007.

I now live in Bozeman Montana with even more extereme Mountain Biking Trails- in Grad School.

THE DH TEAM EVIDENCES MONGOOOSE'S CONTINUOUS PRODUCT INNOVATION, DEVELOPMENT AND IMPROVEMENT!
All the components are from top manufacturers: RoxShocks, Ahead, Sram, Suntour, Zoom, Samox, Kenda, Sram, and of course, the excellent high end hydroforrmed and heat treated aluminum frames! Even the Mongoose Platform pedals are solid and beefy. The carbon fiber Zoom handlebars are great- this bike is the lightest heavy duty mountain bike I have ever seen! You can easily lift it with 2 fingers.

AS FOR ITS RIDE: Rock Solid!! I have a BMX public park right next door to my apart complex. It tears that course up like nothing and puts the guys with the 2-grand fancy brand bikes from specialty shops to shame as well as amazement.

IN THE MOUNTAINS: Our mtn. trails here are rather rocky; yet the DH Team soaks up the the bumps with nary a rattle. Although this bike is lightwight it absolutely mean rugged! Fork angle, frame geometry, and rear suspension- both front & rear shocks are adjustable- are perfect for serious mountain trails, and the Promax disc brakes easily and effortlessly will bring the bike from 40mph to 0 in 50 feet.

ACCESSORIZE: This bike has plenty of potential for and begs for accessories and upgrades. I added: Cane Creek suspension seatpost; Dimension stem Riser; Richie adjustable stem; THE front & rear fenders; Giant super gel seat; Giant cable lock; Elite pateo H2O cage- uppper and lower; Fatty tall bar ends; Blackburn light set.

IN SUMMARY THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL BRUTE THAT PERFORMS AS WELL OR BETTER AS THOSE "SO CALLED" TOP END BRAND 2,000 DOLLAR RIGS!

Walmart description

With the mongoose DH Team Dual-Suspension Mountain Bike, downhill riding never felt so good. Handle any terrain in style with a dual-suspension aluminum frame, 24-speed trigger shifters and custom camo wheels. This aggressive bike shows the bumps in the road who's boss, once and for all! lol

are you shitting me?

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 13:00 Quote
davidmcadam wrote:
davvi wrote:
pmsl!

Review from a customer

Walmart description

are you shitting me?
do you honestly think that this frame wont crack in half and impale you? do you think that 3 inches shock will never bottom out? dude this is the most pathetic ATTEMPT at a downhill bike ever

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 13:05 Quote
because downhill bikes are o'so famously known to have a genourous 100mm of travel Rolleyes Madder Facepalm

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 13:11 Quote
davidmcadam wrote:
davvi wrote:
pmsl!

are you shitting me?
f*ckn hellEek
i can bottom out my dart 2s by just going off a 2 foot drop
and this is supposed to ride down f*ckn Ft. William aye...as ifFacepalm

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 13:22 Quote
clicky

Read this thread its pretty funny

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 13:22 Quote
DrummingLlife wrote:
davidmcadam wrote:
davvi wrote:
pmsl!

are you shitting me?
f*ckn hellEek
imdefinatly watching those races...should be good to watch their riders wal the whole traila nd throw their bikes at the end

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 13:23 Quote
davidmcadam wrote:
DrummingLlife wrote:
davidmcadam wrote:
are you shitting me?
f*ckn hellEek
imdefinatly watching those races...should be good to watch their riders wal the whole traila nd throw their bikes at the end
trail*

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 13:23 Quote
This makes me ashamed to own a mongoose Cry

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 15:09 Quote
c2crider wrote:

It wasn't made by the same guys who made your Mongoose. Mongoose has its good bike department and its lame bike department. I suspect the lame bike department is just a couple of guys who coordinate the packaging of cheaply made frames and bargain basement components. And I guess there must be a copy writer somewhere in there too.

Think of it like Shimano. They make crappy components for bikes like the one above, but they also make XTR and Saint. It's kind of confusing for outsiders, but it's just business.

Posted: Mar 10, 2010 at 15:13 Quote
beaupre716 wrote:
c2crider wrote:

It wasn't made by the same guys who made your Mongoose. Mongoose has its good bike department and its lame bike department. I suspect the lame bike department is just a couple of guys who coordinate the packaging of cheaply made frames and bargain basement components. And I guess there must be a copy writer somewhere in there too.

Think of it like Shimano. They make crappy components for bikes like the one above, but they also make XTR and Saint. It's kind of confusing for outsiders, but it's just business.
the companys are kinda smart for this cuz they can market to the bikers who cant afford the best of the best and the hardcore riders

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008796
Mobile Version of Website