Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 3:11 Quote
damn swan, that's a tough one. Sorry for the losses.

but I guarantee both are watching over you now and grandpa can rest easy knowing his family, and his legacy, are in fine capable hands. Salute

Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 9:04 Quote
adm750 wrote:
damn swan, that's a tough one. Sorry for the losses.

but I guarantee both are watching over you now and grandpa can rest easy knowing his family, and his legacy, are in fine capable hands. Salute

agreed.

Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 9:30 Quote
onemanarmy wrote:
As for the smoker... I wasn't using my head. I needed to clean the drip pan but was lazy. I tossed some potatoes in there and then instead of using my grill, I tossed some foil tins in there full of beer, sausage, onions and peppers. Was gonna boil them for a bit and then when the taters were done pull everything of the tins and finish it in the smoker. The beer boiled over and combined with the grease. Set the world on fire. Best part is it was right under my tv. Entire thing was a shit show. I just sat there and went.... wtf was I doing... I really don't know. My brain was trying to figure out how to move 6 tons of rock by hand.

OMG....sounds epic man Eek

Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 9:59 Quote
adm750 wrote:
onemanarmy wrote:
As for the smoker... I wasn't using my head. I needed to clean the drip pan but was lazy. I tossed some potatoes in there and then instead of using my grill, I tossed some foil tins in there full of beer, sausage, onions and peppers. Was gonna boil them for a bit and then when the taters were done pull everything of the tins and finish it in the smoker. The beer boiled over and combined with the grease. Set the world on fire. Best part is it was right under my tv. Entire thing was a shit show. I just sat there and went.... wtf was I doing... I really don't know. My brain was trying to figure out how to move 6 tons of rock by hand.

OMG....sounds epic man Eek

Sometimes my brain just doesn't function. I honestly don't know wtf I was doing.

My wife's like... that things really smoking. I didn't even look. I just responded... well it is a smoker. 10 minutes later I look over and I'm like.... oh shit I'm about to burn the house down. LOL!

Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 16:28 Quote
swan3609 wrote:
My grandma lives in my rental. She and grandpa got a golden retriever puppy 15 years ago. I spent many years with grandpa in his backhoe with that dog running around. Many memories of bouncing around with grandpa, the dog and I bouncing around in his 66 F100.

Grandpa passed 8 years ago, the F100 truck sold 5 years ago, and I burried that golden retriever today.

Was kind of the last thing that really held living memories of grandpa. He was a mechanic too and I have some of his tools, but I wasn't actively wrenching at that point.. That dog was the last of grandpa to me. Kinda sad.

Drank a tall one for grandpa Russ and Scooter the pup tonight.
Shit bro, that's a heavy one. I'll raise a drink to your gramps tonight, and to his pup... if there's any justice in the universe, they're together again.

Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 17:45 Quote
The greatest I might have done in the last 20 years was get a dog. Second best was moving to Alberta and a close third was having kids.
Go get another puppy dude, name it russ.

Relentless unconditional love covered in fur. My good boy is asleep head on my lap as I type and I just.gave him a big kiss for you.

Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 17:46 Quote
Shit I forgot marriage on the list, and my dual sport moto. Ok there's the top 5 life choices since 30.

Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 18:36 Quote
Pups are the best. Lost my lab cross 2 years ago and it still hurts but wouldn't have missed having her. My pit cross is a good boy but getting old. He has some "lumps" the vet says are a form of fatty deposits. He still gets around great but slowing down. 85 pounds of love !!!

Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 19:01 Quote
I miss all of these bastards, Iceberg the dog the most but Quassi was cool and the rabbit was a hoot minus the pellets he left behind every time he took off running!!lol
photo

Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 20:18 Quote
whattheheel wrote:
I miss all of these bastards, Iceberg the dog the most but Quassi was cool and the rabbit was a hoot minus the pellets he left behind every time he took off running!!lol
photo

That's a good looking "family" !

Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 20:19 Quote
Miss those bastards! Was a ton of fun having them all loose around the house.

Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 20:57 Quote
I bet, the bunny is a cool twist ! We have lost a dog and 2 cats the last 3 years. Dog was cremated and is in our living room, the cats are buried on the hill above our house. We miss them all.

O+
Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 21:18 Quote
obee1 wrote:
The greatest I might have done in the last 20 years was get a dog. Second best was moving to Alberta and a close third was having kids.
Go get another puppy dude, name it russ.

Relentless unconditional love covered in fur. My good boy is asleep head on my lap as I type and I just.gave him a big kiss for you.
This is awesome to hear! I saw some pretty big eyebrows being raised as Dayton pissed on your tent. Dirty stinking shitty dogs…
I’m gona hug him while I drift off to sleep tonight.

O+
Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 21:36 Quote
f*ck being a full out husband parent exhausting. My hats off to all you men.
I’ve been working my ass of to develop a life and family. Feels like I’ve been burnt out lately . Need to dig deeper, what’s the worst ? I work so hard I fall down dead .
Honestly with new one on the way I have to try harder. As hard as I can or I know my family is not gona be happy.
Can you guys believe I’m their leader .
Hahaha

O+
Posted: Nov 23, 2022 at 21:37 Quote
ATV25 wrote:
whattheheel wrote:
photo

That's a good looking "family" !
Great pic!!!
My dog would eat the bunny and kids would cry lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.091260
Mobile Version of Website