Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 19:09 Quote
adm750 wrote:
d-man wrote:
f*ck running, that's why we invented the wheel lol!

d-man FTW...!!!

Amen brother.

Anyone know where I can find a copper coloured Santa Cruz Bullit here in Canada, in Large but NOT the $160000 CAD build?
I can find Lavender ones in the build I want but lavender is not my 1st choice for colour.

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 19:40 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
adm750 wrote:
d-man wrote:

d-man FTW...!!!

Amen brother.

Anyone know where I can find a copper coloured Santa Cruz Bullit here in Canada, in Large but NOT the $160000 CAD build?
I can find Lavender ones in the build I want but lavender is not my 1st choice for colour.

The exchange rate has really gone to shit.

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 19:59 Quote
This is fact.
That and I’m trying to psych myself up to possibly purchase something worth over $10000 in… Lavender.
Why SC, why is that the second choice colour?

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 20:12 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
adm750 wrote:
d-man wrote:

d-man FTW...!!!

Amen brother.

Make a trip to So cal and you can get one from my LBS. I was considering one myself, but it was around 10g complete and I couldn’t get it in a frameset. I initially wanted the Kenevo SL frameset to build up, but after seeing the new Pole Voima, I think I’d rather have that. I can get the frameset for 3 grand cheaper, (which makes it much easier for the wife to accept) it’s got 20mm more travel, (190mm) and a full size 725w battery and has the Brose S-mag motor. It won’t be as light, but I can still build it up fairly light. It should have more range and it’ll definitely have more power on the climbs. Also won’t be as common as the Specialized. I know Pole has had their issues, but I like that I can get something different in a frameset, with long travel and build it up how I want. What do you guys think? Here’s a clip of it. I have to wait until spring 22 for a small though.

https://youtu.be/YgqCA1T_Vfg

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 20:12 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
This is fact.
That and I’m trying to psych myself up to possibly purchase something worth over $10000 in… Lavender.

Don't they call that ubiquitous blue?

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 20:19 Quote
[Quote="jamezyo"]My house listed sat morning. We accepted offer today around noon. Put a offer on house sat night in Vernon was accepted at dinner time tonight. As long as or financing and other buyers financing go through we are in the clear.
VERNON BABY!!!!! I’m pretty much going to broke with this venture but will be shipped off to pipeline probably by sept.
The dates the selllers picked of vacancy and possession of new house are crazy.
Sept 16 vacancy / wife’s birthday, sept 18 possession/ my birthday. I kid you not!
What are the odds .[/Quote

Congrats! Awesome when a plan comes together...

My son and I got back from our trip through the Slocan and the east Kootenays on Thursday. 4 days short of a month in the trailer and I am getting marginally better at backing the damn thing up.
Got a little riding in, think I cracked a rib in a little fall but all in all a good trip. The new to me duramax truck was averaging 14 mpg towing and actually did 25 mpg when unloaded. Crazy.

While not sure that the young fella is wanting to get back to trailer life again right away, I am chomping at the bit to get moving again. Thinking about northern Saskatchewan (Big River) to show him where the family homestead was. Cool country up there and some really rideable terrain.

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 20:21 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
This is fact.

Banned twice yet his legacy lives on…. Those Santa Cruz’s look rad…

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 20:21 Quote
Norco Range VLT’s are supposed to be hitting the LBS soon. Looking at the orange C2 build with a 720W battery. Apparently they are waiting for batteries to show up on the slow boat from China. No fly batteries.

Commencal Meta 29 is available in Sept/Oct as well.

Really prefer the 5 pound lighter SC and the mullet build but… lavender.
Plus $3000 CAD more. We’ll see how bad the tax man hammers me. Might have to wait just a little bit longer.

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 20:30 Quote
Canadian Ruby on the tube right now. 12-0 Canadians.

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 20:30 Quote
Does 3 or 5 lbs matter on an ebike?

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 20:32 Quote
husstler wrote:
Does 3 or 5 lbs matter on an ebike?

Probably not much but a little more nimble mullet and less anvil going downhill wouldn't hurt.

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 20:36 Quote
Yeah fair. I have extremely limited time on one and can’t imagine if you would notice 5 lb on it or not.

I should lose 5 lb.

O+
Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 20:37 Quote
bkchef2000 wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:
shredb4dead wrote:
This is fact.

Banned twice yet his legacy lives on…. Those Santa Cruz’s look rad…

Sorry, I'm a smartass by nature and just couldn't resist! lol

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 20:37 Quote
husstler wrote:
Yeah fair. I have extremely limited time on one and can’t imagine if you would notice 5 lb on it or not.

I should lose 5 lb.

I should lose 10... 20. lol

Posted: Jul 26, 2021 at 20:53 Quote
anyone else at the age that, while camping, the weather gets so bad you just say f*ck it and go home early? with summer camping its a teachers advantage for sure, but i never feel great about pulling the chute early.
we left fernie a day early because it was so f*cking hot that we were all getting bored and on each others nerves. weird trip.
real talk mtn biking is just so different for me from like, five years ago. i might have outridden all my f*cks.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.052913
Mobile Version of Website