Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 22:30 Quote
badbadleroybrown wrote:
Brodinglef*ckersephs,

I weigh my bikes, but I don't give a shit about weight anymore. My 5010 is a full pound heavier than my Bronson even though it's a size smaller. Still a better bike that handles better and pops off shit more easily. On the road bike, my fat ass is holding me back way more than my fat bike is. Trying to make it lighter is more about an entertaining project than about performance. I remember back in the heyday of weight weenism and a buddy built a 29lb DH bike, he wound up trading it in for a 40lb DH bike that handled better.

I don't think e bike weight is really an issue... the only reason people bitched about old bikes being heavy was they sucked to pedal to the top, a 200 watt motor ends that problem. Shit, on a 10-15 minute effort i can put out 300+ watts so adding a 200 watt motor would have me closing in on 5w/kg territory pro level climbing. I'd take that all day every day. I'd love to buy one of the road e bikes just to f*ck with local guys that think they're fast. And I think an e utility bike would be dope in small town living. There's definitely a lot of super cool niches for them. I just think the bullet is a miss.

Swan, you're a f*cking unicorn and one of like 17 dudes on earth who bought an e bike and send 40 footers... but your old man and wife are exactly why I think they're awesome. Not a lot of people from the general population want anything to do with really riding a bike beyond just beach cruiser coasting along.

I thrive on the tears and broken dreams of e-haters.. It's like being a keyboard warrior... But only in real life.

And I really do believe that we probably cover the entire span of ebike customers when you look at my wife, dad and then myself.. It's a real beginner /intermediate/expert usage case and we all are stoked on them.

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 22:32 Quote
Here's one of mine. That's a 250cc 5 cylinder radial! Big Grin I'm working on 120" wingspan P-47 Thunderbolt using another of those radials that has pneumatic retracts and a sliding canopy.

Views: 86    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 22:38 Quote
Ok fossil fest 2021 heelie gets a ride in Pac’s RC plane lol

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 22:40 Quote
mtnmanjake wrote:
Ok fossil fest 2021 heelie gets a ride in Pac’s RC plane lol eek

I've learned some aerobatics since that was taken......Heelie's in for a wild ride! lol

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 22:42 Quote
The other thing with bike weight is that it depends on what your Brosephs are running. Like if they're all dinglef*ckin' with 22 lb XC bikes and can ride fast, and you pop up on a 38 pounder then life is gonna suck.

So if you can ebike in a pack, that's helpful.

Those planes are nuts.

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 22:51 Quote
husstler wrote:
Those planes are nuts.

Few more pics from over the years...

photo

photo

photo

photo

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 22:56 Quote
Do you have a full size pilot's license?

And if not, do you figure you could fly a real plane? The controls must be pretty similar. I mean just a little one ...

Re read that. Jesus, that's a dumb question. I'm going to leave it regardless.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 23:04 Quote
Rode two laps today. November 21st. On dirt. It was great. If I have an E-bike it would have been 4.

I’m not 28 anymore, I’m 48. If E means I can quietly continue to go to the same places I go now and further well into the future I’ll jump in eventually.

I’m not the least bit interested in moto and all the added f*ckery that comes with owning one. So people who say might as well go moto haven’t stopped to think It through.

Ultimately I will always do exactly what I want and people who disagree... as mentioned earlier... fu*k’em.

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 23:10 Quote
Ummmm ok was not expecting that baddass looking plane! Holy shit I was picturing some god damn 12” long thing. That shit was for real !

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 23:18 Quote
I had a buddy that was fully into RC helicopters they are pretty crazy too. Way larger than I thought they would be.

O+
Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 23:19 Quote
Beauty pics pac

I always sucked at RC... too rough and could never really get comfortable without a first person view... maybe I’ve got shit eyes and depth perception

Posted: Nov 21, 2020 at 23:30 Quote
Very cool looking planes. The edge one is definitely badass.

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 0:31 Quote
So Im not a huge Jack White fan but Holy f*ck his drummer tonight on SNL Daru Jones is a savage beast! Never seen anyone set up a front canted set stand up and beat them to death like that.

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 0:33 Quote
shredb4dead wrote:
Rode two laps today. November 21st. On dirt. It was great. If I have an E-bike it would have been 4.

I’m not 28 anymore, I’m 48. If E means I can quietly continue to go to the same places I go now and further well into the future I’ll jump in eventually.

I’m not the least bit interested in moto and all the added f*ckery that comes with owning one. So people who say might as well go moto haven’t stopped to think It through.

Ultimately I will always do exactly what I want and people who disagree... as mentioned earlier... fu*k’em.

Riding in loops. Meh.

Posted: Nov 22, 2020 at 0:34 Quote
Dingleberries.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.046835
Mobile Version of Website