Old Riders....But not "Old School"

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Old Riders....But not "Old School"
O+
Posted: May 30, 2020 at 8:59 Quote
I left the states too young to have worked there. I do have a social insurance number. I did register for the draft.

But no taxes ever. Never held a job in the U.S.

O+
Posted: May 30, 2020 at 9:00 Quote
That squirrel ninja thing is nuts lol

O+
Posted: May 30, 2020 at 9:04 Quote
obee1 wrote:
d-man wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:

Tonnes, doing it in Ab will save him a bunch of tax...
We get dinged with PST/GST anyway every time you register a vehicle.

i was nervous that this might be the case. good intentions, poor research. sign of the times.
obee from what I’ve seen this morning scanning Kijiji and autotrader I’ll probably be going to Edmonton to buy my truck. It’s the same distance as Vancouver, better roads, cheaper gas and the prices seem to be significantly cheaper than here. We’ve bought new in Alberta and it’s a piece of cake. But buying used you need to have it inspected before registering it here.

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 10:01 Quote
urinalmint wrote:
obee1 wrote:
d-man wrote:

i was nervous that this might be the case. good intentions, poor research. sign of the times.
obee from what I’ve seen this morning scanning Kijiji and autotrader I’ll probably be going to Edmonton to buy my truck. It’s the same distance as Vancouver, better roads, cheaper gas and the prices seem to be significantly cheaper than here. We’ve bought new in Alberta and it’s a piece of cake. But buying used you need to have it inspected before registering it here.
I believe the OOPI is only required if the vehicle is above a certain km or age

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 10:58 Quote
urinalmint wrote:
obee1 wrote:
d-man wrote:

You had me at “ instead of Vancouver”. I quite like the drive on 16 thru jasper into interior BC.

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 16:34 Quote
I’m grateful for Elon musk. Dunno if we deserve him, but I’m glad he’s here. Until the aliens take him back, or the time travel portal he came from closes, or whatever. Some meth head will likely murder him while on the way home from work at a Tesla charging station or some ironic shit like that, but I’m glad he’s here for now. That rocket launch gives me hope for humanity amidst all the current curf*ckery going on.

O+
Posted: May 30, 2020 at 17:35 Quote
obee1 wrote:
I’m grateful for Elon musk. Dunno if we deserve him, but I’m glad he’s here. Until the aliens take him back, or the time travel portal he came from closes, or whatever. Some meth head will likely murder him while on the way home from work at a Tesla charging station or some ironic shit like that, but I’m glad he’s here for now. That rocket launch gives me hope for humanity amidst all the current curf*ckery going on.

I like him too, especially with all the kookery.

Like naming his kid Ae6i4 or whatever. Free thinker. That's what we need more of.

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 18:20 Quote
He is a little over the top for me but I can't disagree with you guys

O+
Posted: May 30, 2020 at 18:23 Quote
He needs to talk properly and stop mumbling so I can hear him. He's one of those quiet talkers and I've been in a machine shop for 30+ years.

O+
Posted: May 30, 2020 at 18:36 Quote
Can't say i LIKE musk as i have no interest in spending a day with him... I'd rather spend a day in his toys without him lol

But I respect the hell outta what he's done Salute

O+
Posted: May 30, 2020 at 18:40 Quote
Wife is looking to sell a new in box size small Remedy 9.9 (teal volt fade) if any of you gents are vertically challenged (short) or if you have a lady friend looking for an absolute dream brand new top of the line bike.

Old School hookup applies. Salute

https://www.trekbikes.com/ca/en_CA/bikes/mountain-bikes/trail-mountain-bikes/remedy/remedy-9-9/p/28513/

2020 New In Box Remedy 9.9 Teal Volt Fade Size Small

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 22:34 Quote
So today I moved 20-ish wheel barrels of mulch in the morning, had a 1 hour Kashyyyk pump track session in the afternoon and then climbed up a ridiculous 30-40% grade emergency fire access/exit road from my neighborhood to access the MTB trails and rolled back to the house again. SUV never left the driveway.
(Bike is not mine, just trying some shit out.)

Gotta say the high turbo booooost mode on these things are a little ridiculous other than in low gear on the steepest shit. That said the pedal assist mid-range help is where it's at for everything else. Make no mistake though, these things are still a workout and you still have to use the lower gears when grinding it up a steep hill. There is no sit back and relax all day mode like all the haters say.

This thing had to be around 50 lbs but to my surprise you could still jump and pop it off shit on the way down. Where it did come up short was a couple of times on the down where I got too zesty and off line. You can't just pop these things back on to preferred line and carry on. She's a hand full and you gotta ride it out. Have to say it was overall pretty damn fun.

Weather is not looking promising tomorrow but I hope to get out again and test it on some other climbs a just can't get done on the regular bike without being gassed out when I get to the top.

It s a loaner just trying some stuff out.

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 23:12 Quote
Fun eh shred? I felt the same way... give them a few years....

Posted: May 30, 2020 at 23:20 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
Fun eh shred? I felt the same way... give them a few years....

Defiantly fun and a different ride experience. There was no thoughts like... man I sure would like to do that bit of trail too but I won't have enough left in the tank to get back. It was just... soooo... where should I go now?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.054472
Mobile Version of Website