The Rigid Lifestyle

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
The Rigid Lifestyle
Posted: May 7, 2022 at 11:52 Quote
I actually just switched over to the identiti rebate XL. I’m glad I didn’t get anything shorter. I can tell when manually it’s juuuuust slightly shorter to the ground so I have to pull up a little harder

naptime wrote:
Kis bikes. Not sure if they're about anymore. It's a 26" for but not suss corrected. Only 425 axle to crown.

Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 7:51 Quote
Hi everyone, just bought some rigid forks for my bike, sort of DJ/trials hybrid going on so think rigid is going to make some trials tech a bit easier. Have the Rebate XLs, I was wondering for ages which length to get, coming from 480mm a2c Rebas I thought the 465mm XLs would be a better fit.

But does anyone reckon for street trials I should have picked the shorter 450mm ones? Idk what either will feel like, havent got it on yet but I guess I'm still technically going to a shorter fork no matter which I got... Looking forward to seeing what it feels like though will post pictures soon!!Cool Cool

Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 11:31 Quote
rad-adam-enterprises wrote:
Hi everyone, just bought some rigid forks for my bike, sort of DJ/trials hybrid going on so think rigid is going to make some trials tech a bit easier. Have the Rebate XLs, I was wondering for ages which length to get, coming from 480mm a2c Rebas I thought the 465mm XLs would be a better fit.

But does anyone reckon for street trials I should have picked the shorter 450mm ones? Idk what either will feel like, havent got it on yet but I guess I'm still technically going to a shorter fork no matter which I got... Looking forward to seeing what it feels like though will post pictures soon!!Cool Cool

This all depends on the frame you’re putting it on. Most frames will want to keep the bottom bracket height the same as your axles. Some older frames run a bb drop of several millimeters.
I’ve run rigid from 425mm up to 465mm…..but on several different frames.
Perfect example is my Octane One Void running a 450mm, perfect for that frame.
Octane One Void S M 450 fork Deity bar stem post seat pedals Spank Pike 35 rims Transition hubs Profile bottom end Avid BB7 FR5 Billy Bonkers ODI Macine grips

Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 11:33 Quote
The old Mutant X-Ray never lets me down. Still one of my favorite bikes.
My Mutant X-Ray running a 435mm.

Posted: Jun 16, 2022 at 16:55 Quote
I built this p1 up few years back as a basic street cruiser. Have the standard Rebates on it. Planning upcoming to ride some trails, dirt jumps with it so will see how I like it with standards.

photo

Posted: Jun 24, 2022 at 21:17 Quote
NS Suburban with 5 inch rise BMX bars.

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 13:39 Quote
2013 NS Holy 24” bunch of new bits. Loving it.
Few more new bits for the old 24 NS Holy. Love this bike

Posted: Jul 6, 2022 at 0:22 Quote
bikebike69 wrote:
2013 NS Holy 24” bunch of new bits. Loving it.

that looks sick!! wicked paint jobCool

Posted: Nov 23, 2023 at 0:15 Quote
naptime wrote:
Octane One Spark
Finished this a while back but forgot to post it here, Octane One Spark 24"

Hello! 4 years later since the original post, this Octane One Spark 24" frame got another life in a whole different country! I'm eternally grateful that naptime not only was down with my whole process of asking a friend from the UK to pick it up for me, he also was patient with me because I'm just a highscooler and at the time I didn't have enough money for the frame.
I cannot thank him enough for this.

Bike Check:
Frame: Octane One Spark 24"
Fork: Identiti Rebate XL 1420 (before this I had a Rockshox Argyle 409 that broke and I wanted the same geometry)
Bars: Dartmoor Toxic V.2, cut down to 720mm (in the picture they're still 750mm)
Grips: Odyssey Keyboard V2 (in the picture there are Cult Begin Heaven's Gate)
Stem: KHE Bikes Flat Topload, 40mm
Seat: Odyssey Flora Hot Seat Pivotal with a seatpost that he gave me for free (Thanks!)
Headset: Stolen Revolver Tallstack in white to match the rims (and a Subrosa top cap that I got from my best friend and I love it to death)
Cranks: KHE Bikes MVP, Cromo, 19mm Axle, 165mm Length, 48 Spline (best bang for the buck cranks I ever seen, I bought them brand new for 38£ as I don't ride to the point of snapping some cranks)
Bottom Bracket: Odyssey Euro 19mm BB
Sprocket: Stolen Sumo II, 28 Tooth in silver
Pedals: Odyssey Twisted in white
Rims: Dartmoor Fortress in white front and back
Spokes: DT Swiss
Front Hub: Novatec DH41SB, 36 Holes, 20x110 Axle
Rear Hub: Shimano Saint M800, 36 Holes, 10x135 Thru-axle, but it's Shimano's cromo E-Thru that is bolt on on the other side so it works, and I run my wheel slammed so no problem
Tires: GT Smoothie, 24x2.5 completely slick tires they're super fun
Also a super practical Premium BMX Frame Bag!

Planning on upgrading the rear hub to a real bolt on dirtjump hub and maybe going with some wider rims and on 32 spokes because of the lack of 36 hole parts*
(*more budget 36 hole parts (: * )

Octane One Spark 24
 2 Cool photo made by my friend tudorandreiflorea on ig
 1 Cool photo made by my friend tudorandreiflorea on ig

Posted: Nov 23, 2023 at 2:09 Quote
YES DUDE! Rad as F! So Awesome to see my old frame getting built an ridden
(P.S I still have my 24" 36spoke wheels up for grabs)

Posted: Nov 23, 2023 at 4:07 Quote
naptime wrote:
YES DUDE! Rad as F! So Awesome to see my old frame getting built an ridden
(P.S I still have my 24" 36spoke wheels up for grabs)

Thank you!
And yeah I know about the wheels but, as much as i would like to upgrade, everything is in perfect working order so I don't really need some new parts, it's just that I would want a true DJ hub and not a workaround like I have now (:

Posted: Dec 27, 2023 at 15:29 Quote
Longshot here but grew up riding rigid street maybe 10-12 years ago. Looking to get back on a similar bike to back then but they are very hard to find. Used to have a Capital and an NPJ. Know stuffs moved on but someone somewhere must have something tucked away they don't ride anymore maybe?!
26" preferred. Capital, xray etc. Please?

Posted: Dec 27, 2023 at 15:30 Quote
RichardJ89 wrote:
Longshot here but grew up riding rigid street maybe 10-12 years ago. Looking to get back on a similar bike to back then but they are very hard to find. Used to have a Capital and an NPJ. Know stuffs moved on but someone somewhere must have something tucked away they don't ride anymore maybe?!
26" preferred. Capital, xray etc. Please?

Verde Theory tup

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.020146
Mobile Version of Website