scott voltage fr/shock lengths on first page.

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
scott voltage fr/shock lengths on first page.
Posted: May 18, 2012 at 13:01 Quote
Tauts wrote:
Concretesnail wrote:
Tauts wrote:
Hello
Can someone tell me if this is normal or should I do something with it. I'm afraid that more paint will peal off but maby I'm just worrying too much.

Hmmmmmm

It might be unavoidable. Though if your seat clamp covers it I wouldn't worry about cosmetic chips. Aluminium doesn't rust so some direct exposure to the elements shouldn't bother it. You could just rub a bit (very fine) layer of grease or vasaline over the flake lines to stop water getting in behind the paint and lifting it.

Ok..I would like to know if any other voltage riders have or had the same problem and what did they do Smile

I do, haven't done anything about it yet, but the grease idea is good.

Posted: May 18, 2012 at 13:03 Quote
Hmm ive got problems around that area but its the bottom of the slot, its bulging outwards causing the paint to crack, imma try and warranty it

Posted: May 18, 2012 at 13:11 Quote
I'm slipping a lot now that it's dusty out with my conti der barons, I plan on replacing them before I go to Whistler (july 17) but should I switch them now (and before whistler) do you think having something like conti der kaisers will make much of a difference, or should I just let some pressure out of them and hope I don't completely flat my rims (I have racing rims that are made to dent/get flat spots instead of the tube/tire getting pinch flats.

Posted: May 18, 2012 at 18:52 Quote
@ Straner

Why you selling the voltage? You finally getting a tr 250?

Posted: May 18, 2012 at 19:18 Quote
Woot! Rode the Voltage for opening day at Whistler today.
Pathy Voltage

Posted: May 18, 2012 at 20:31 Quote
semaj wrote:
Pathy Voltage

I'm going up in July and in August, how does it handle it? What trails did you do? Is dirt merchant open yet?

Posted: May 18, 2012 at 20:34 Quote
benthirlwell wrote:
@ Straner

Exactly! I'll probably end up using my voltage this summer and then selling it once winter rolls in. I'm thinking of a 250 or Kalula for my next frame but I'm still undecided. Either way I'll go with that Marz/CCDB/E13/Chromag build. Considering Easton Bar stem and wheels now too but we will see what my money will limit me to!

Posted: May 18, 2012 at 20:44 Quote
Straner wrote:
benthirlwell wrote:
@ Straner

Exactly! I'll probably end up using my voltage this summer and then selling it once winter rolls in. I'm thinking of a 250 or Kalula for my next frame but I'm still undecided. Either way I'll go with that Marz/CCDB/E13/Chromag build. Considering Easton Bar stem and wheels now too but we will see what my money will limit me to!
moneys a bitch.... but you can't get enough of it.

CCDB is so sick, I want to put one on my next bike too.

Posted: May 18, 2012 at 20:49 Quote
benthirlwell wrote:
Straner wrote:
benthirlwell wrote:
@ Straner

No kidding. I have to start paying for gas and insurance on my truck now starting in June too. We will see what I can work for. And I havent heard anything but good from the DB. Sounds amazing.

Posted: May 18, 2012 at 20:52 Quote
Straner wrote:
benthirlwell wrote:
Straner wrote:

No kidding. I have to start paying for gas and insurance on my truck now starting in June too. We will see what I can work for. And I havent heard anything but good from the DB. Sounds amazing.

Yeah, I rode a CCDB last year in whistler on a proto specialized demo during crankworx, it was so smooth. You lucky people in Alberta getting to drive at 15... is that correct?

Posted: May 18, 2012 at 21:15 Quote
benthirlwell wrote:
semaj wrote:
Pathy Voltage

I'm going up in July and in August, how does it handle it? What trails did you do? Is dirt merchant open yet?

Dirt Merchant is not open yet. The Voltage handles Whistler just fine with the BoXXer and Vivid Air I have. I just need to get faster now lol

Posted: May 18, 2012 at 21:16 Quote
semaj wrote:
benthirlwell wrote:
semaj wrote:
Pathy Voltage

Dirt Merchant is not open yet. The Voltage handles Whistler just fine with the BoXXer and Vivid Air I have. I just need to get faster now lol

I'm so stoked for it!

Posted: May 18, 2012 at 21:57 Quote
benthirlwell wrote:
Straner wrote:
benthirlwell wrote:

Yeah, I rode a CCDB last year in whistler on a proto specialized demo during crankworx, it was so smooth. You lucky people in Alberta getting to drive at 15... is that correct?
That's what ive heard! And nope it's 16 here! I turn 16 in about a month. you get your learners when your 14 though!

Posted: May 18, 2012 at 22:28 Quote
Straner wrote:
benthirlwell wrote:
Straner wrote:

That's what ive heard! And nope it's 16 here! I turn 16 in about a month. you get your learners when your 14 though!

WTF Eek We get our learners at 16 and our N(new driver) at 17.5/18 (depending if you go to driving school) and then our full license at 19.5/20. Damn BC. It's scary to think that I would be allowed to drive if I lived in Alberta

Posted: May 19, 2012 at 2:17 Quote
benthirlwell wrote:
Straner wrote:
benthirlwell wrote:

WTF Eek We get our learners at 16 and our N(new driver) at 17.5/18 (depending if you go to driving school) and then our full license at 19.5/20. Damn BC. It's scary to think that I would be allowed to drive if I lived in Alberta

Urrr in Siwtzerland u get ure N with 18. With 18.5 u could already have a half full licence (wich means u can drive on ure own). Earliest moment for the full licence ist 21.5 due to different parcipations uve got to do in the span of 3 years. All in all a licence without a car costs in average 4000 CHF which is nearly 5000$.
I hope u feel now better in america Wink

ontopic: dartmoore chrome handlebars are ordered. I should stop pimping my voltage and go riding more often!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.020613
Mobile Version of Website