Marzocchi DJ SSV rod pushing through the bottom.

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Marzocchi DJ SSV rod pushing through the bottom.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 20:17 Quote
Hey I need help on how to fix this fork. I got the fork from a friend and the rod is un secure on the bottom. When the fork compress the rod will push out. On the inside there is a 10mm bolt that I tightened up but it did not do anything. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light. I don't really want to have to send the fork in unless I have to.

Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 20:19 Quote
Here is a picture of what I was talking about. It does not really look like it has snapped or anything like that. It seems like it is missing something. Anyone
photo

Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 20:27 Quote
Send it back.

Either the lowers have broken or you've lost a c-clip of some kind that holds the pumping rod in the lowers.

I'm not familiar with that fork, but I believe the lowers have broken, and the lip that holds that from coming out is broken.

Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 20:30 Quote
Well I cannot send it back right now. Hopefully I can get some warrenty info. The guy just gave it to a friend who gave it to me. I will check a shop nearby that services forks and see if they can order the c clip. If not then I will try to get it to Marzocchi.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009855
Mobile Version of Website