Nissan UCI MTB World Cup 2009-Maribor!

PB Forum :: Downhill
Nissan UCI MTB World Cup 2009-Maribor!
Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 7:01 Quote
Timmy - bah. I liked it, it mixed things up for a change, different guys up there, no more Minaar/Peat domination. Ultimate respect for Barel to come back from injury to win, two rounds later. Shame for Gee, bet he'll be gutted as he had a massive chance to make up some serious ground on the SC boys. Not Britain's day.

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 7:02 Quote
Wow that was a crazy race...that's all I have to say.

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 7:05 Quote
harriieee wrote:
Timmy - bah. I liked it, it mixed things up for a change, different guys up there, no more Minaar/Peat domination. Ultimate respect for Barel to come back from injury to win, two rounds later. Shame for Gee, bet he'll be gutted as he had a massive chance to make up some serious ground on the SC boys. Not Britain's day.

I'm patriotic. I like the British boys to do good. If they don't I get pissed.

Another person who I had high hopes for, Brendog.

The only rider I like who isn't british is Blinky, because he is awesome, so kinda stoked he rode alright.
photo

my love for Blink is right here.

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 7:13 Quote
All the New Zealand riders get my respect...

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://dirtmag.co.uk/images/uploads/worldcup/09f19569.jpg

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 7:17 Quote
well that stirred things up a bit! shame that so many could have done something yet didn't. was cool for barel tho. was also very gutted for baltic with his crash!

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 8:25 Quote
Blinky didn't do well... I he came in 11th on a track that should suit him well. Bendan got a podium. I'm glad Matti is back getting results, reckon he may be a contender next year like we was in 07. As for patriotism, I love this country about as much as Ahmadinejad does.... I like riders based on irrational gut instinct, not nationality.

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 8:26 Quote
ctd07 wrote:
meh, the footage keeps freezing all the time but the audio carries on fine - is this happening to anyone else?

- it froze once as a kid was eating the tape - his parents should really feed him!lol
photo
hungry kid!
hahaha

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 11:14 Quote
Just watching highlights on freecaster. Anyone able to tell me what fork Rinderknecht was running? (it was the red crown that caught my eye)

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 14:21 Quote
got some interesting interviews up on Dirt, did you know Gee crashed twice in his run?

http://dirtmag.co.uk/worldcup/category/Videos/dirttvmaribor-top-5-men-interviews/dirt-1235287.html

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 14:23 Quote
Damn... two crashes and twelfth? That's impressive. He's having some hard luck this year, especially the last two where he's quualified first.

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 14:24 Quote
crazygeorge wrote:
Just watching highlights on freecaster. Anyone able to tell me what fork Rinderknecht was running? (it was the red crown that caught my eye)

Suntor AXON.

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 14:28 Quote
timlake wrote:
harriieee wrote:

I'm patriotic. I like the British boys to do good. If they don't I get pissed.

Another person who I had high hopes for, Brendog.

The only rider I like who isn't british is Blinky, because he is awesome, so kinda stoked he rode alright.
photo

my love for Blink is right here.

You love Blinky as much as he loves that stem!

Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 14:36 Quote
Highlights vid... Including Gee's crash...
Views: 26,442    Faves: 290    Comments: 68

FL
Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 14:58 Quote
Man feel terrible for Gee, there an interview with him after the race on dirt where he is nearly in tears. To add insult to injury he seems to be qualifying really well each race but keeps missing the top spots (bar Andorra, but he must have been gutted there too)

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2009 at 15:07 Quote
Gee Atherton crashed and he was still up at the split, thats is pretty insane.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.021340
Mobile Version of Website