DH/4X - The Weight Game

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
DH/4X - The Weight Game
Posted: Apr 5, 2017 at 5:24 Quote
bonfire wrote:
Couple guys around these parts have been running the Hope Enduro hoops and it is looks to be made of Brie.
I've seen the same over here.

Posted: Apr 5, 2017 at 6:21 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
bonfire wrote:
Couple guys around these parts have been running the Hope Enduro hoops and it is looks to be made of Brie.

they should have stuck to non EU cheese. Facepalm

Posted: Apr 5, 2017 at 8:54 Quote
deli-hustler wrote:
bonfire wrote:
Also seen this

I've laced up some spank oozys to pro 4s for my enduro. One ride so far but seem solid. If I was building a new set for the dh I'd lace up spikes to pro4 DHs

Mod
Posted: Apr 5, 2017 at 17:10 Quote
Thanks for the input guys!

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2017 at 17:19 Quote
Speaking of wheelsets, I'm building a new set myself. 26 x 46 LB rims, (32 hole) DT Aerolite spokes, blk alloy DT Pro Lock nipples on Onyx hubs. BTW, LB will pretty much make anything u want. So 36 holes are no prob for them.

New wheelset. New LB 26 x 46 asym rims DT Aerolite spokes Blk DT Prolock Alloy nips not pictured on Onyx hubs.

New Bling

Posted: Apr 7, 2017 at 21:40 Quote
Goddamnit that is a sick wheelset. Those hubs are just retahded expensive down here. Like $1,200 for a rear hub.

Posted: Apr 7, 2017 at 23:00 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
Speaking of wheelsets, I'm building a new set myself. 26 x 46 LB rims, (32 hole) DT Aerolite spokes, blk alloy DT Pro Lock nipples on Onyx hubs. BTW, LB will pretty much make anything u want. So 36 holes are no prob for them.

New wheelset. New LB 26 x 46 asym rims DT Aerolite spokes Blk DT Prolock Alloy nips not pictured on Onyx hubs.

New Bling

Cool bones brigade logo on the hubs, do they charge extra for that?

Posted: Apr 8, 2017 at 0:02 Quote
Twenty6ers4life wrote:
Pretty awesome that they do the custom engraving for free too.

From another thread.

Posted: Apr 8, 2017 at 5:09 Quote
t3rry wrote:
I found some rims out east in the back of some poor shop. There is a pair of new 721's for $210 plus shipping or a pair of new 729's for $75 + shipping. I don't get why the 729's are so much cheaper.

At the price of the 721 rims, the generator wheelset is very tempting, other than that I don't know anyone that runs them so am unsure of quality. Hope hubs are awesome, I'm unsure of the quality of their rim though. I do know spank tends to make quality product, I just don't know where it racks up against the others.

I miss CRC's build a wheel option. I'd have no problem buying another wheel set from them if I could pick what I wanted.

If you are still considering the generator wheelset, I have hands on experience on a IH Sunday with 3 seasons of bike park abuse (summer only bike) and still going strong, 90kg rider, not usually smooth. They present the occasional minimal dent here and there, but rims keep straight, tensioned, bearings have no play, and the ratcheting system works flawless still

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2017 at 7:01 Quote
bonfire wrote:
Goddamnit that is a sick wheelset. Those hubs are just retahded expensive down here. Like $1,200 for a rear hub.

Lol, thanks bro. Yea that's crazy expensive for you. They're still expensive here, but not that expensive. I got both for around $650. And yea Cristiaan, the engraving is free. Beer

Posted: Apr 8, 2017 at 12:19 Quote
those hubs give me nightmares.

Posted: Apr 8, 2017 at 17:10 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
those hubs give me nightmares.
sissie

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2017 at 18:45 Quote
For all the 4x racing that goes on stateside...New carbon 35mm bars, XTR trail pedals, Carbon Roval wheels, SLX brakes, XT cranks currently. I have a set of brand new 170mm Turbine cranks that I should put on here, but hard to find motivation when the XTs work just fine.

Yeti DJ

Mod
Posted: Apr 11, 2017 at 13:38 Quote
I found a pair of 721 rims in an Ontario shop. Just figuring out how much spokes etc will cost on top before I make a final decision.

Posted: Apr 12, 2017 at 2:37 Quote
How much spokes cost. Is this a big variable? Feel like I have charged between $1 to $2 depending on if it's a single or double butted since the beginning of time. Even in this land of everything costing an extortionate amount the price seems the same.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.040047
Mobile Version of Website