This folks is why you wear shin pads

Not to be a dick or anything but this doesn't seem very gnarly

Posted: Apr 26, 2013 at 11:34 Quote
bubbaleech wrote:
dropinbiking92 wrote:
Mmmmmm!! Studded pedals Smile

This folks is why you wear shin pads

Not to be a dick or anything but this doesn't seem very gnarly

Nahh, it wasn't that bad. More of a straight on bash than a rip. Swelled nicely and left a little hole in my shin.

Didn't bleed much or hurt all that bad.

Posted: Apr 27, 2013 at 2:08 Quote
this is my worst shinner. should have got stitches but f*ck hospitals. it was the length of my palm

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://distilleryimage10.ak.instagram.com/b3435cc0321211e282761231381b75ef_7.jpg

Posted: Apr 28, 2013 at 12:45 Quote
This was around 6 years ago now. Bombing down the pavement on a 24" SS which apparently had some bad bearings. Freewheel went on me, feet went straight down and the bike went under me. Kissed the pavement pretty hard and scraped my chin about 5ft down the road. Ended up with a flap of skin hanging off. 7 internal and 9 external stitches, and a giant duck lip to go with it.

Posted: Apr 28, 2013 at 13:11 Quote
yo13bo wrote:
this is my worst shinner. should have got stitches but f*ck hospitals. it was the length of my palm

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://distilleryimage10.ak.instagram.com/b3435cc0321211e282761231381b75ef_7.jpg

got a tenner for super gluing a shinner together.

Posted: Apr 28, 2013 at 13:13 Quote
I went to the hospital and all they did was glue it back together, next time, f*ck the 4 hours waiting, I'll do it myself.

Posted: Apr 28, 2013 at 13:20 Quote
I had a bad one that I went to urgent care the next day for... But they said it was too late to do any sutures and I should have come in sooner. But I did have blood poisoning from it and had to get a big shot of antibiotics. I didn't think to get a photo of it.

Posted: Apr 28, 2013 at 19:43 Quote
I had an infection too and it got pretty bad. 2 rounds of antibiotics and it hurt for a month.

Posted: Apr 30, 2013 at 23:16 Quote
I am lying in a hospital bed right now with a 8 inch break running through my scapula all the way from shoulder joint to the point at the bottom. It feels like a book hinging. Ct tomorrow. Fell of a high speed right cornered bridge about 5 ft to direct auger lawn dart. Full dh speed. No time to ditch as front tire washed of the edge. Full dh armor and leatt brace is the reason I am typing this and not someone else. Leatt saved my life.

Posted: May 1, 2013 at 1:42 Quote
machchicken wrote:
I am lying in a hospital bed right now with a 8 inch break running through my scapula all the way from shoulder joint to the point at the bottom. It feels like a book hinging. Ct tomorrow. Fell of a high speed right cornered bridge about 5 ft to direct auger lawn dart. Full dh speed. No time to ditch as front tire washed of the edge. Full dh armor and leatt brace is the reason I am typing this and not someone else. Leatt saved my life.
shitty deal man. Healing vibes your way!

Posted: May 1, 2013 at 5:18 Quote
christianridesbikes wrote:
machchicken wrote:
shitty deal man. Healing vibes your way!

Truly a bad wreck. Hope your recovery is as speedy as can be.

Posted: May 1, 2013 at 8:47 Quote
Thanks for the good wishes everyone! It means a lot. Still in hospital waiting for orthopedics and Ct results. Was a long night for sure. Pink bike community rocks! Slash a corner for me!

O+
Posted: May 5, 2013 at 9:15 Quote
ripped my dick open

Posted: May 5, 2013 at 12:08 Quote
nofear259 wrote:
ripped my dick open

Longwise or in half? Close ups are recommended

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015583
Mobile Version of Website