Trek session 88 problems

PB Forum :: Downhill
Trek session 88 problems
O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 15:37 Quote
stryke wrote:
because its flexy? maybe you should come to andorra and investigate it yourself? all he knows is on a couple of corners he can feel it

but hey what do i know eh!

No I have a better idea, I know a former WC, team Animal racer that lives a hour and a half from my house, he has the team bike. I will just ask him. Care to stick around and eat your doubious words.

stryke wrote:
because its flexy? maybe you should come to andorra and investigate it yourself? all he knows is on a couple of corners he can feel it

no, any flex would be at the pivots,
the pivots dont effect the chainstay/tyre connection
something else is wrong

O+
iambike4lyf wrote:
stryke wrote:

no, any flex would be at the pivots,
the pivots dont effect the chainstay/tyre connection
something else is wrong

Ya a bad mechanic, who should not touch bikes, and a really bad story teller!

Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 15:39 Quote
maestroforlife wrote:
stryke wrote:

No I have a better idea, I know a former WC, team Animal racer that lives a hour and a half from my house, he has the team bike. I will just ask him. Care to stick around and eat your doubious words.

wow a former wc, team animal racer?? in bold!? must be special

go for it dude..

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 15:45 Quote
stryke wrote:
maestroforlife wrote:
stryke wrote:

wow a former wc, team animal racer?? in bold!? must be special

go for it dude..

Just so you understand that this community is not as big as your like to think it is. Also that saying rediculous things will get you black balled and laughed at.

Did you notice that he guy you are arguing with has a commencal??

I will and I will get back to you. Your question, when I ask him is going to make me sound stupid, I know this because that is how you sound when you tell the story.

Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 15:47 Quote
i have a commencal too..?

Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 15:49 Quote
stryke wrote:

08s are different
+ u were saying that your mate has a shit mechanic who cant tension wheels

Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 15:50 Quote
iambike4lyf wrote:
stryke wrote:

08s are different

i dont remember saying he was a shit mechanic..?

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 15:51 Quote
stryke wrote:
iambike4lyf wrote:
stryke wrote:

08s are different

i dont remember saying he was a shit mechanic..?

No I said he was, sounds like he can't properly tension a wheel to save your rear swingarm.

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 15:52 Quote
stryke wrote:

So you have flex issues with your commencal?

Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 15:53 Quote
i dont have any issues with my commencal except im on my 3rd frame

you can feel the flex for sure on some corners when you hit them hard, it makes me feel fast`

Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 15:55 Quote
iambike4lyf wrote:
stryke wrote:
iambike4lyf wrote:

lool, ok, first off, if his chainstays show tyre marks thats the wheel, not the frame
tell him he probs needs to tension his spokes
unless your sugesting the actually metal(aluminium) in the chainstays is actually bending (note alu snaps first normally)?

there is no way that tyre marks on chainstays can be a frame fault, tahts the tire or wheel

he has a full time mechanic and his wheels are always perfect.. you can feel the flex on my 08 commencal on some corners if you do them hard

ok, so explain how else the tyre would touch the chainstays?
note that the metal would snap before flexing that much

Please only talk about materials if you actually know anything about them.

First of all it depends on the grade of the aluminium, whether it is a 6000 grade or 7000 grade, which will have a small impact on its performance, whether or not this would affect it so much as to have the wheel hit the chainstay i doubt. I do however think it is possible that the wheel is touching the chainstay.
You are wrong, aluminium is not some incredible material that has no flex before it snaps. Yes it is more brittle than other common materials like mild steel, but it can still flex. If you look at the shape of the chainstay tubing (rectangular, correct me if i am wrong), it will flex more in the direction suggested than flexing upward, which is why it is only flexing with lateral forces.
So stop telling people they are tripping and get your facts straight, this is totally possible.

Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 15:56 Quote
k, so your saying it would flex that much AND flex back?
i know all materials flex a certain amount, but to flex that much and flex back is pretty amazing

O+
Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 16:02 Quote
stryke wrote:
i dont have any issues with my commencal except im on my 3rd frame

you can feel the flex for sure on some corners when you hit them hard, it makes me feel fast`

3rd frame, wow!

Flex makes you feel fast, cool...I like my frames like my wheels. Stiff, and as flex free as the materials will safely allow!

Posted: Sep 13, 2009 at 16:03 Quote
photo
https://ep1.pinkbike.org/photo/2868/pbpic2868665.jpg

nobody remembers this photo?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010708
Mobile Version of Website