Bike Sizes?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 1, 2009 at 17:22 Quote
I am about 6 3 or 6 4 and about 180 pounds. I am interested in a Specialized Enduro. I was wondering if a LARGE frame will be big enough?

Thanks

Posted: Apr 4, 2009 at 4:22 Quote
No idea... just go and ride one (demo or just at the shop)

Posted: Apr 4, 2009 at 18:19 Quote
Probally not I'm 5-11 and ride a 19" frame........if a large is 21..maybe

Posted: Apr 4, 2009 at 18:23 Quote
Adjust your seat height and the world is your playground.

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 11:07 Quote
steve695 wrote:
That does not account for different toptube lengths...

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 15:45 Quote
crazygeorge wrote:
steve695 wrote:
That does not account for different toptube lengths...

Yeah well I would rather ride a smaller frame with lots of clearance, and have it slightly shorter than a larger frame with little clearance and therefore nutting myself all the time.

Freeride and Downhill, you're always better off with smaller frames.

Posted: Apr 6, 2009 at 20:32 Quote
I'm 6ft and 235lbs on a med 17.5 Gary Fisher. I should have been sold a large but the sale was more important to the local shop owner! I have since Nov 08 replaced or repaired the cassette bearings, seat, seat post,(2) set of handle bars and just last week the chain! Size does matter in relation to the beating the components will go through. A couple of months ago I rode the new Roscoe 1 in a large, "it was a dream". Afterwards the factory rep saw my 17.5 frame and said "Dude you're on the wrong size frame!" I was so pissed off I could have gone Postal on the "Butt Monkey" who sold it to me and said it was fine. Check the site of the bike your interested in purchasing and they usually have a sizing chart to help you .

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 7:54 Quote
I would advise a test ride. Yeah, the dimensions might sound okay, but until you actually sit on it you'll never know for sure. I am 6'1" and I thought a large frame would fit me. But when I actually went to my LBS and checked all their bikes out, I found that a medium fit me better. I needed a shorter standover height because I have shorter legs. Everyone has a different body type, you just need to find the right bike for your type.

Posted: Apr 7, 2009 at 16:16 Quote
Thanks for everyone's input. Just in case you were wondering, I went to my local shop and an XL is the way I am going, Cheers

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010728
Mobile Version of Website