Kicked Off?

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Kicked Off?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 at 21:27 Quote
I just got allowed back on pinkbike after being banned from the server for two weeks for basicly being a total ass. Has this happend to anyone else and for saying what?

Posted: Nov 5, 2007 at 21:40 Quote
haha well it hasnt happened to me but a witnessed two users being banned today and as for what they did, it sounds like they did what you did. offensive posts and general poor grammar/language is a good way to get yourself booted.

O+
Posted: Nov 5, 2007 at 21:45 Quote
you know why you got banned. We're trying to keep things good and strict to the rules. With that we'll be issuing bannings to anyone that abuses their rights on the forum and anywhere else on the website.

Posted: Nov 5, 2007 at 22:13 Quote
britboxxer wrote:
I just got allowed back on pinkbike after being banned from the server for two weeks for basicly being a total ass. Has this happend to anyone else and for saying what?

Thats why man.

Posted: Nov 5, 2007 at 22:19 Quote
almost got banned for getting pissed at the 12 yr olds posting stupid threads. o well im a dick. i can live with that

Posted: Nov 5, 2007 at 22:30 Quote
it takes 30sec to make a new acount

Posted: Nov 5, 2007 at 22:31 Quote
Tristan661 wrote:

They usally ban the ip address.

Posted: Nov 5, 2007 at 22:32 Quote
Tristan661 wrote:

Would you really want to hang out in a place where everyone thinks you're a jerk and wants you gone? People who make new accounts after being banned are pretty sad individuals.

Posted: Nov 5, 2007 at 22:34 Quote
im not saying im the jerk here bud im just saying it only takes 30sec to make an acount but what do i know i only had to make one to get into this site

Posted: Nov 5, 2007 at 22:43 Quote
Tristan661 wrote:
im not saying im the jerk here bud im just saying it only takes 30sec to make an acount but what do i know i only had to make one to get into this site

Easy there, Tiger.

I didn't say anything about you, specifically. I'm just saying that it's pretty lame to do that.

Posted: Nov 5, 2007 at 22:50 Quote
same thing happend to me, but i just got backk like a week ago after being banned for like 200 and something ours, it was harsh, i learned my lesson though.Big Grin

Posted: Nov 5, 2007 at 22:54 Quote
dirtjumper1132 wrote:
same thing happend to me, but i just got backk like a week ago after being banned for like 200 and something ours, it was harsh, i learned my lesson though.Big Grin

The new software lets us issue warnings and to choose the length of the ban. The old software only let us do permanent bans. Warning was a hassle and banning was permanent, so moderating the forums was a lot tougher. This new system is MUCH better for us (thanks Karl and crew!).

It's nice to hear that people actually get the message. We don't want to be jerks, we just want to make the forum as good as it can be and we're willing to cause a few casualties along the way, if necessary. People who clean up and play nicely are always welcome back.

Posted: Nov 5, 2007 at 22:59 Quote
r-m-r wrote:
dirtjumper1132 wrote:

The new software lets us issue warnings and to choose the length of the ban. The old software only let us do permanent bans. Warning was a hassle and banning was permanent, so moderating the forums was a lot tougher. This new system is MUCH better for us (thanks Karl and crew!).

It's nice to hear that people actually get the message. We don't want to be jerks, we just want to make the forum as good as it can be and we're willing to cause a few casualties along the way, if necessary. People who clean up and play nicely are always welcome back.

the guy who banned me was kind of a jerk, he didnt even give me a warning or anything he just straight banned me for what seemed like eternity

Posted: Nov 5, 2007 at 23:03 Quote
dirtjumper1132 wrote:
the guy who banned me was kind of a jerk, he didnt even give me a warning or anything he just straight banned me for what seemed like eternity

He banned you for two weeks. Hardly an eternity. You were going around firing off insults and making posts that said only "suck it, cocksucker" and things of similar quality. What would you expect us to do?

Posted: Nov 5, 2007 at 23:19 Quote
r-m-r wrote:
Tristan661 wrote:

Would you really want to hang out in a place where everyone thinks you're a jerk and wants you gone? People who make new accounts after being banned are pretty sad individuals.

thats not true, just some moderator "and a cranky one at that" could not like your posts and ban you. I might think someones posts are funny and entertaining, but since we have different senses of humor, you overreact and ban them.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011135
Mobile Version of Website