Ottawa area

PB Forum :: Canada - East
Ottawa area
Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 13:14 Quote
went up this morning for good friday skiing and all the chairs have been remove from the cable on the ski line chair lift

hopefully that means they will be magafluxing the cable for early inspection,so they can run for DH

keep your fingers crossed

O+
Posted: Apr 19, 2019 at 17:54 Quote
Don't know what megafluxing is, but sounds awesome.

Posted: Apr 23, 2019 at 8:53 Quote
thats when they magnetically charge the cable,

and run it thru iron filings to see if there are any defects

from where the chairs where clamped on

Posted: Apr 24, 2019 at 10:56 Quote
just heard a rumor the Carleton Park Ski hill summer bike program

got a load of cash donated for development of a pump track

and related bike trials

more to follow

Posted: Apr 24, 2019 at 11:27 Quote
Your right Dave

Here is a link to the announcement:

https://ottawamba.org/cms/were-stoked-carlington-bike-park/

Looking forward to this project!

O+
Posted: Apr 30, 2019 at 11:57 Quote
Looking at picking up a YT Jeffsy for this summer as my first FS bike. Currently riding an old hardtail XC bike. Would the Jeffsy be too much travel for riding around the Ottawa trails? I'll be moving there in a month or so.

Posted: Apr 30, 2019 at 12:31 Quote
It all depends on what you want to ride. I would keep the hard tail with some fast rolling tires for Gatineau park and cruising. I think the jeffsy would be nice for some Kanata lakes and definitely Camp Fortune which is about 15 km from downtown. Check out Ottawamba.org and see if you will be around for any of the demo days. MSM has mountain fest and offer demo bikes as well. Smart thing to do would be to check out what you like locally before buying a bike.

Posted: Apr 30, 2019 at 12:42 Quote
I have a YT Capra 27.5 and it's perfect for Fortune. Haven't ridden it at Kanata Lakes or Larose, but I'd imagine it's overkill for those.

O+
Posted: Apr 30, 2019 at 13:25 Quote
Awesome, thanks for the replies. I guess I'll do the sensible thing and take a couple rips around the trails when I get there and see what I need that way.

O+
Posted: Apr 30, 2019 at 13:40 Quote
My riding buddy has a Jeffsy, it's perfect for Ottawa, except a bit undergunned on the real dh runs at Fortune (of course). Great choice.

O+
Posted: Apr 30, 2019 at 14:50 Quote
bishopsmike wrote:
My riding buddy has a Jeffsy, it's perfect for Ottawa, except a bit undergunned on the real dh runs at Fortune (of course). Great choice.

Sweet, glad to hear it! Thanks.

Posted: May 8, 2019 at 11:00 Quote
Kanata Lakes trails are green lighted - another season begins! Smile

O+
Posted: Jun 5, 2019 at 18:20 Quote
How are the bugs at South March Highlands? I just moved to the area and was planning on going to check out the trails this weekend.

O+
Posted: Jun 5, 2019 at 18:39 Quote
Not good, depending on where you moved from, but better than most of the city, since Kanata has a mosquito control program. Avoid dusk if you find them bad.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014143
Mobile Version of Website