What brakes are people running?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What brakes are people running?
Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 18:43 Quote
Brakes can either be tight or loose, and this directly affects the bike’s efficiency. When your brake is too tight or the bike brakes not gripping, it can slow you down because the bike brake pads are too close to the rim and can rub against your bicycle wheel. On the other hand, when it is too loose, there is not enough stopping power. So, it is necessary to adjust the bike brakes accordingly.

Posted: Jul 3, 2022 at 22:51 Quote
Post history shows random interjection (albeit on topic). Probably just an idiot?

Posted: Jul 5, 2022 at 9:08 Quote
The bots probably using these negative responses to recalibrate and refine its forum posts. That being said, @Clarkk I whole heartedly agree that loose brakes are the worst.

Posted: Jul 7, 2022 at 16:40 Quote
@militantandy, I'm stuck on some HOPE Moto V2's with 203mm vented disks.

May well be old now, but they've been easy to bleed as got them sussed on my first ever attempt at bleeding hydraulic brakes.

As for stopping power, oh yeah. They definitely stop you, as can completely lock the wheels.

So I've not a clue as to why your friend's V4's seem kind of off, as they should have much more stopping power than me.

Sounds like they may need a complete teardown, clean, pistons and seals greasing then reassembling.

O+
Posted: Jul 8, 2022 at 3:36 Quote
Straight8: Saint-f, XT single-r
Jedi and Balance: Saints
Homegrown 4Banger: Low end Shimano's

Posted: Aug 1, 2022 at 17:43 Quote
Random question but for the standard 6 bolt Sram Centerline rotors they mention the rounded edges are UCI compliant and ease of wheel installs. Does it make a difference? I assume not? I run RT86 ice techs usually

Posted: Aug 1, 2022 at 21:45 Quote
EMTB: Hayes Dominion A4
DH: Shimano Saint BL-M820 + BR-M820

Both running OEM sintered pads.

Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 0:14 Quote
VPentagon wrote:
Random question but for the standard 6 bolt Sram Centerline rotors they mention the rounded edges are UCI compliant and ease of wheel installs. Does it make a difference? I assume not? I run RT86 ice techs usually
A chamfered edge rotor will slot between tight pads a little easier than a square edge and in theory the rounded edge won't cut into you if you happened to hit it in a crash (this has only really been a concern in professional road cycling). Neither are really a deal-breaker IMO

Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 1:38 Quote
I am currently using a German Frankenstein combo:
-Trickstuff Direttissima levers.
-Trickstuff Maxima callipers.
-Intend Aero 203 rotors.
-Trickstuff 730 Power pads, but there's a set of soft LessBrakes pads on the way, just to try them.

Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 6:11 Quote
Today it was the sole of my Rocky S2V's
bought a used rolling chassis

Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 18:19 Quote
Anyone run trp quadium? How are they? Have a chance to buy a pair used locally for cheap

O+
Posted: Aug 2, 2022 at 21:20 Quote
Bitelio wrote:
I am currently using a German Frankenstein combo:
-Trickstuff Direttissima levers.
-Trickstuff Maxima callipers.
-Intend Aero 203 rotors.
-Trickstuff 730 Power pads, but there's a set of soft LessBrakes pads on the way, just to try them.

Sounds like an epic setup.

Posted: Aug 6, 2022 at 20:18 Quote
I know this is not mechanic thread, But I have TRP DHR-evo, and I recently had them bled at a shop and they told me I was low on pad life, so I had them throw in new pads from a brand called MTX, I'd never heard of it. 3 days later and 7,000 ft of descending the rear brake is howling like a dog and has a quarter of the power compared to the old pads. The rear brake also has a scary soft modulation. I also noticed fluid on the brake caliper and near the rear axle, I thought it might have been brake fluid, but the bike shop confirmed it was just water. I was still skeptical. What are your thoughts what should I do?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015908
Mobile Version of Website