Who thinks it should be an option to wear a lid while riding your bike? post Yes or NO

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Who thinks it should be an option to wear a lid while riding your bike? post Yes or NO
Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 18:47 Quote
I think ya it should be an option because riding down the street to the store actually takes skill to wipe out.

Most people are smart enough to wear helmets when they know they might wipeout.
Those who don't are doing us a favor by eliminating themselves from the gene pool.

personally I always wear a helmet because It would be illegal where I am.
I love my brain

O+
Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 18:59 Quote
I'm against wearing helmets for riding around on the sidewalk, to the store for example,becausethere is absolutely no way i can wipe out, but mtbing OF COURSE only f*cking retards dont.

Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 19:00 Quote
I always wear my helmet, but I only do freeride and stuff like that so...

Posted: Jul 4, 2009 at 19:05 Quote
yes, it should. however, not for kids under a certain age, because they aren't necessarily wise enough/old enough/good enough riders to make the proper decision.

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 12:34 Quote
jamismtber92 wrote:
I'm against wearing helmets for riding around on the sidewalk, to the store for example,becausethere is absolutely no way i can wipe out, but mtbing OF COURSE only f*cking retards dont.

I'm gonna laugh so hard when you bash your head into a telaphone pole.

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 12:37 Quote
For just cruising, no, f*ck that, it's hot and I don't wipe out.

For everything else, f*ck yes.

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 12:43 Quote
I think it's a good idea to wear a helmet but I don't want to be treated like i'm going something wrong for not wearing one and I don't think it should be a law. Riding a bike gives you a sense of freedom and being forced to wear a helmet takes that away. It's not that we don't want to but it's that we are forced to that drives me crazy.

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 13:03 Quote
i always try to wear a helmet...safety first!

Posted: Jul 9, 2009 at 13:26 Quote
if someone gets killed by not wearing a lid the saftey crew will soon destroy or shut the trail LIDS ON tup

Posted: Aug 9, 2009 at 12:59 Quote
Always wear a lid if i wasnt wearing mine yesterday good knows what could of happend i feel around 13 ft onto my heel breaking it and burstng the soft tissue below the heel then hitting my head with a piss pot im very thankful to giro i cant rememeber the last week and i have very littel chance rembering what happend yesterday if i wasnt wearing my lid i may well be brain damged or worse im not even sure but i think its a silly qustion even sudjesting not wearing a lid im also going to be out rideing for 3 months Smile

Posted: Jun 13, 2010 at 17:42 Quote
A full face helmet wont increase the chance of spinal injury, espeicially if your dirtjumping. If you hit your chin of the ground hard enough, the chin BREAKS.

Posted: Jun 13, 2010 at 17:47 Quote
Please, just let it die. I dont even know how you found this thread but this is the first post in almost a year...

Posted: Jun 13, 2010 at 17:57 Quote
jamismtber92 wrote:
I have been hit by cars twice, both on sidewalks. People DO NOT watch where they are going when driving.

Posted: Jun 14, 2010 at 9:05 Quote
my current lid iv had for about a year and needs replacing its full of BIG deeparse gouges and chips if my head had taken the beating my helmet has i would be in wheelchair geting spoon fed and drooling for the rest of my life OR DEAD!!

LIDS ON PEOPLEtup

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012495
Mobile Version of Website