Transition Blindside for pure DH. What's your opinion?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Transition Blindside for pure DH. What's your opinion?
Posted: Aug 25, 2008 at 6:36 Quote
sherbet wrote:
ErenG wrote:
sherbet wrote:
Fair enough. Did yours have a floater?

nope, haha.

but everyones got there own views on the subject.

and some people brake more than others. generally theres no brake jack unless your skidding, and thats always something i try to avoid, haha.

There's brake jack without skidding, and brake jack actually normally results in more skidding than a floating style brake.

^^^very very tru. ive riden it with and without many times theres a slight difernce but doesnt effect the ride much at all! the trade of is weight for minimal brake jack

Posted: Aug 25, 2008 at 16:07 Quote
sherbet wrote:
Lucky 7, for sure. 2500 for a complete bike, with a frame that's superior to a Blindside in every way.
but in no way is it a DH bike

Posted: Aug 25, 2008 at 16:08 Quote
defo blindside for dh bike there awesome

Posted: Aug 25, 2008 at 16:11 Quote
no one can dis the blindside if they have never ridden one. words dont mean much. its all how the bike feels and performs. it does that amazingly.

Posted: Aug 26, 2008 at 17:07 Quote
BlindsideRider wrote:
sherbet wrote:
I'd say no. They're not light by any means, the shock is high in the frame, which leads to a higher center of balance, they don't have a very good suspension design, and I personally don't think they look all too mint.

On the same note, you can get much nicer frames for cheaper.

um thats incorrect the weigh about the same ass any stock ironhorse besides the world cup but if youv got the exta 2000 lieing round then yea. the cranks annd botoom braket and on the blindside very low thus bringn the center ov gravity lower making it rail corners better.

I tested one at a local DH spot, and the only thing that really stuck out to me was the plushness of the ride. It didn't rail berms any better then any other DH race frame, as the BB's are around the same height, but on other ones, the shock is typically lower, but that's a small issue. As for weight, it's 8.6 without shock, so 9+ with shock, which isn't a wilson, but is pretty damned good for 1500.

O+
Posted: Aug 26, 2008 at 17:13 Quote
http://www.sicklines.com/reviews/2008-transition-blindside/
i hope this helps you... it probably was already been posted but oh well.
I just got a blindside 5 days ago and it's pretty killer bike overall, i built mine up with a vivid and totem.

Posted: Aug 26, 2008 at 17:59 Quote
The blindside is a great bike... I have had mine since march. Its no v-10 but it still rails corners like any other pure dh bike. Mine is set up with a 40 and is rock solid. Its almost a no hassle frame, and its simply fast. The faster you go the better the ride. For 1500 there is no better frame out there.

Posted: Aug 27, 2008 at 5:53 Quote
Rode mine for the first time last Saturday and to say I was impressed is an understatement. Of course I need more time to get use to the bike but what impressed me the most way the way it turned and how plush the rear end felt. I've got 40s up front and they need some more dailing but the back felt very good very quickly.

Having spent a week out in the French Alps this summer on a Bottlerocket (which was a great ride) I only wish I'd had my Blindside because they way it feels on the DH os even better.

Adding to that the cost is much lower than a V10, M6, Sunday etc, can you really buy a better DH bike? Of course some will argue yes but for me the Blindside is a very capable frame from a down to earth company and a sensible non-inflated price Cool

One very happy Blindside owner I am Beer

Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 12:37 Quote
[Quote="sherbet"]I'd say no. They're not light by any means, the shock is high in the frame, which leads to a higher center of balance, they don't have a very good suspension design, and I personally don't think they look all too mint.

On the same note, you can get much nicer frames for cheaper.[/Quote

Bullshit. Ride one first....

Posted: Sep 30, 2008 at 12:39 Quote
[Quote="Blindsider420"]
sherbet wrote:
I'd say no. They're not light by any means, the shock is high in the frame, which leads to a higher center of balance, they don't have a very good suspension design, and I personally don't think they look all too mint.

On the same note, you can get much nicer frames for cheaper.[/Quote

Bullshit. Ride one first....

For the THIRD time; I have. Please read the thread before commenting.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017990
Mobile Version of Website