Avid Code 5 vs. Avid Juicy seven....... which is better???

PB Forum :: Downhill
Avid Code 5 vs. Avid Juicy seven....... which is better???
Posted: Jul 12, 2008 at 23:38 Quote
marquis wrote:
jhoffman420 wrote:
i run codes on my bike and never a problem i might get a couple squeaks but a couple lever taps and that takes care of it. and they're super easy to install.

easy to install that tri align tripe is a pain in the arse.

All I had to do to set up my Code 5's was loosen the caliper, grab the brake and tighten the bolts. No rub on 8" rotors, and Ive done that many times and it works everytime. The tri-align set up is actually much better because it may be harder to initially adjust, but if the rotor is bent, or if the pads are slightly tilted its alot easier to stop rub. If you dont want the tri-align just replace the rounded washers with normal ones.

Posted: Sep 12, 2008 at 18:10 Quote
Mooserider74 wrote:
Im trying to decide which brakes i want and these are my two options i was wondering if anyone could help me with any information, experience, or preference???

it all comes down to preference i was geting a new bike for urban and Dj bu couldnt decide wether to get a P1 STP2 or Kona Shred same thing here

it comes down to what u want the juicy sevens have a slightly less powerful brakeing system but its got the pad ajustments but the codes are 20 bucks more for the pair and have a bit more power so if ur riding dh go codes if ur just doing DJ and XC stuff like that juicys are they way to go

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 22:42 Quote
bomb446 wrote:
andresgaleano wrote:
Everyone is saying that the codes are better. are they stronger? yep but no way stronger! are they better? I am sorry for the code 5 supporters but No they are not better.
the lever body is not as strong as you would expect and they get loose and worn very quickly!!! that is something that in a high end juicy seven lever body won't happen!!
the caliper is bigger and produce 10% more power than the juicie's and it should have been at least 35 % more power due to the number of pistons and the size of the brake pad!!! but it is not that way!
so I better have a dependable and strong enough brake than a very strong brake but with reliability and weight issues!!!!

Code 5's use the exact same lever and lever body as Juicy 7's, just without the pad adjustment knob...

im pretty sure Code 5 means a Juicy 5 lever with a code caliper. without the pad adjustment knob it's not a juicy 7 lever anymore. Code 7 would be a juicy 7 lever with code caliper

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 at 23:06 Quote
Havent read any of the forum yet but i would sujest Avid Elixer CR's most amazing brake I have used !

Better Modulation than a code with plenty more power than a juicy !

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.024099
Mobile Version of Website