The official Poutine thread

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
The official Poutine thread
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jun 6, 2008 at 16:54 Quote
Hey guys, I talk too much about the poutine in the SOMEONE TOOK MY BIKE AT GUNPOINT thread so a guy told to create a poutine thread. So I start it. Here we talk about the poutine in general and explain to the other what a poutine is. You can post picture of your poutine wherever you are if you want( curious about the ''english'' poutine with orange cheese). Have fun!

Posted: Jun 6, 2008 at 18:15 Quote
i had poutine at Ashtons in Quebec when i was there for a weeek. THe stuff is amazing compared to what we have here. GO QUEBEC POUTINEtup

Posted: Jun 6, 2008 at 19:26 Quote
poutine is good but why does it need a thread?Confused

Posted: Jun 6, 2008 at 19:38 Quote
mavericked wrote:
poutine is good but why does it need a thread?Confused

because poutine is good, no really goodBig Grin no seriously, because i was writing shit on another thread about the poutine so i decided to create a thread about that. this thread won't have more than 2 pages, but still funny

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 7, 2008 at 13:34 Quote
best poutine I had was up in Watson Lake, Yukon!

Posted: Jun 7, 2008 at 14:15 Quote
you should try them in Quebec, they are poutinelicious!

Posted: Jun 7, 2008 at 18:26 Quote
Yah quebec definitely wins it for poutine. The best is with cheddar and mozzarella cheese, as apposed to just mozz. Its amazing.

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 11:01 Quote
I would love to try a poutine in quebec sometime. Doesnt anyone have any suggestions around the Hull-Gatineau regions where I can get a good poutine?

Posted: Jun 8, 2008 at 14:34 Quote
dirtjumper25 wrote:
I would love to try a poutine in quebec sometime. Doesnt anyone have any suggestions around the Hull-Gatineau regions where I can get a good poutine?

i don't really know that area, but ashton make good poutine or go at a little ''casse-croûte''

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 16:29 Quote
simondignard wrote:
dirtjumper25 wrote:

i don't really know that area, but ashton make good poutine or go at a little ''casse-croûte''

Wheres ashtons? Anyone have a street address?

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 16:34 Quote
nop. go everywhere where they do poutine, except mcdonald and this kind of restaurant. snack bars are making the best one

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 18:21 Quote
the best poutine is at manuels river pizzaria here in newfoundland.

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 18:44 Quote
OMG...Sweet Thread. Poutine has to be the best food creation ever. I dig it mostly cause I'm a french frog.Best poutine ever is at Chez Nous in Timmins and at the Hilltop in Victoriaville. Any poutine fanatics here who eat they're poutine with ketchup?

Here's some tips for those who want to succede at some serious french poutine:

Fries = Fresh cut russet potatoes with the skin on...just wash em good. Cook the fires for 7minutes at 375C let them cool...and fry them again till browned nicely.

Cheese = Fresh Salted Mozzerala Curds...no exception to any other form of mozzerella. Just dont bother if you dont have squeeky curds.

Gravy = St-Huberts powder poutine...make it abit more concentrate. If you cant find the powder form the "poutine" can will do fine.

Now to get the most out of it Make the fries first and heat up the gravy. Layer the fries then cheese and gravy in a good ziplock container. Allow to sit and melt for about 10 minutes....

Voila! Enjoy...just make sure not to eat too much of this junk. You might turn french.lol

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 18:44 Quote
Repping quebec, I must say that "La belle province" has amazing poutine

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 at 18:59 Quote
Personally, I thin that the best POUTINE is at Yougi, Roberval in the area of Lac-St-Jean. I saw posters at this restaurant which where saying: Essayer notre poutine de renommée internationale. I mean WOOWW. But I think that everywhere you eat it, a poutine is always the best thing.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012888
Mobile Version of Website