is it safe to use this fork

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
is it safe to use this fork
Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 11:41 Quote
creamsoda89 wrote:
giantbikerjordan wrote:
creamsoda89 wrote:

that's low speed compression. it has NO effect on how the pike compresses on drops whatsoever. only the lyric, totem and whatever forks with Mission Control (not Motion Control) have high speed compression adjustment.

and yes you can buy a stiffer spring, i'd recommend the firm or extra firm spring for you, argyles come with x-firm springs, pikes come with medium springs. try out an argyle to see if you like the x-firm spring, because i love mine. i only use 3/4 of the travel going off a 6-set, nose heavy!

ohh kk my mistake.
But still wont low speed compression make it stiffer?

only when you pump the fork or pedal... it helps pedal bob and stuff. not for high speed hits, that activates a different compression circuit that isn't adjustable by the motion control damper.

i was fooling around with my pike at the skatepark doing fly-outs of the quarter, i had a zip tie on the stanchion. on the softest setting i'd nearly bottom it, on the lockout setting i still nearly bottomed it, and everywhere in between.

the thing is, high speed compression gets harder with the force that gets put in... the harder your hit, the more resistance the damper will put out to compensate, to a point. so you could near-bottom the fork off a 3-set and also near-bottom the fork on the same setting, off a 6-set. of course, there is a limit to that though, and 6 foot drops to flat is probably it.

alright
thanks.

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 11:45 Quote
whats so cool about stair sets?they're pretty gay if you ask me...learn how to 360 tailtaip or something gabriellllll

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 11:51 Quote
im sure it is possible

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 14:35 Quote
hey thanks a lot for explaining that all so well would you happen to know how much the x firm spring would cost

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 14:42 Quote
just think if u use it then it breaks more and u hurt urself then u could not be biking for like a month or wait and get a new one

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 14:44 Quote
norco66vf wrote:
just think if u use it then it breaks more and u hurt urself then u could not be biking for like a month or wait and get a new one
He just got a new one.

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 14:44 Quote
norco66vf wrote:

dude wtf i already got my new fork pay attention before you post next time

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 15:01 Quote
-the-ultimate-cyclist- wrote:
norco66vf wrote:

what did you get dude

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 16:02 Quote
wazar wrote:
norco66vf wrote:

what did you get dude

learn how to go back and read

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 16:08 Quote
this fork does not look safe!! look how sharp it is!Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://txpage.org/fork.jpg

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 18:24 Quote
no-name-soup wrote:
this fork does not look safe!! look how sharp it is!Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://txpage.org/fork.jpg
how did you get banned for 10,000 days stuff like this?

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 19:19 Quote

Who pays attention to you?

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 20:11 Quote
can a mod please lock or reject this...as he already got a new fork????

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 20:49 Quote
dylaine420 wrote:
correction: two new forks.

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 21:43 Quote
dylanvarkonja wrote:
dylaine420 wrote:
correction: two new forks.
and we shouldnt lock it cause he'll just make a new thread when he breaks the pike from doing-to flat drops.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011392
Mobile Version of Website