bay area anti-biker hatred

PB Forum :: USA - West
bay area anti-biker hatred
Posted: Jul 16, 2008 at 21:34 Quote
will54869 wrote:
420biker wrote:
will54869 wrote:
murder that guy. we cant have people like that in california

you were directly quoted in the article.
Wow i was totally kidding.

i know but it was still quoted in the paper

Posted: Jul 17, 2008 at 13:04 Quote
I read that Marin paper article. It made it sound like the authorities are planning on following up on the threats. I think the comments that were posted on this forum aren't illegal, but the ones posted on that guy's website, trailkillerz, are illegal. I guess we have to keep in mind that these environmental extremists want to provoke us and then snitch to the authorities. That's just the way these people operate. They'll do something violent like set traps for mtbs, and then try and make the people that they are going after look like the agressor by plastering their version of events on really biased indi "news" sites. I perfer to avoid getting the police involved when I have an issue, but I think that's what we need to do everytime we see someone sabotage our trails. Also we need to document all these vicious acts against the mountain bike comunity with photos and post them online. also , I know that most of these enviromentalists that advocate against mtbs don't follow all the rules when they themselves are in the backcountry, it would be great to catch some these people in the act of lets say "dogs not on leash", "illegal camp fire", "hiking off the trail" , " not packing out used toilet paper", "use of illegal substances(marijuana)", etc.... I hate to be a snitch but I think it's time to fight fire with fire and take these greenies down. Also , I've decided to become a member of my local mountain bike advocacy group, SDMBA, and I also plan on joining the IMBA when my money situation gets better. I'm also thinking of joining an anti -mountain bike group, like the sierra club, so that I can create oposition from within their own organization.

Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 12:06 Quote
Diablito wrote:
I read that Marin paper article. It made it sound like the authorities are planning on following up on the threats. I think the comments that were posted on this forum aren't illegal, but the ones posted on that guy's website, trailkillerz, are illegal. I guess we have to keep in mind that these environmental extremists want to provoke us and then snitch to the authorities. That's just the way these people operate. They'll do something violent like set traps for mtbs, and then try and make the people that they are going after look like the agressor by plastering their version of events on really biased indi "news" sites. I perfer to avoid getting the police involved when I have an issue, but I think that's what we need to do everytime we see someone sabotage our trails. Also we need to document all these vicious acts against the mountain bike comunity with photos and post them online. also , I know that most of these enviromentalists that advocate against mtbs don't follow all the rules when they themselves are in the backcountry, it would be great to catch some these people in the act of lets say "dogs not on leash", "illegal camp fire", "hiking off the trail" , " not packing out used toilet paper", "use of illegal substances(marijuana)", etc.... I hate to be a snitch but I think it's time to fight fire with fire and take these greenies down. Also , I've decided to become a member of my local mountain bike advocacy group, SDMBA, and I also plan on joining the IMBA when my money situation gets better. I'm also thinking of joining an anti -mountain bike group, like the sierra club, so that I can create oposition from within their own organization.
good ideas but the sierra club would not have much effect its the smaller, dumber hippy groups that are perpetually stoned that are the problem. but seriously f*ck this guy trailkilllerz

Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 12:26 Quote
Diablito wrote:

That was an amazing post i totaly agree with all of your points of view. Let us know how everything goes.

Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 12:27 Quote
OOOOOO, Watch out fer the big bad mountain bikers!!
i have a feeling a) this guy is just out to shut down mtb(sry, stating the obvious)
b)he is prolly one of them guys that as soon as he see's a person on a bike, he throws a stick into there spokes
c)hasn't really given any mtb'ers any sort of chance to prove them selves
d) hasn't read the study saying that hikers to just as much damage as mtb'ers, because they can really go anywhere, so they carve trails rite up the sides of mountains, and of course, when it rains, the water "erodes"the trail, in which, they blame mtb'ers
e)Was definately a hippy lol
f)once that mtb track, or designated area was built, he would start with the"oh my gosh, it goes rite through a wetland, and disturbed a heard of something etc.
g) would set traps up everywhere to catch and hurt mtb'ers
i could go on and on, but i wont

Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 15:14 Quote
The law can work for us too. If one these pricks sabotages a ladder or stunt, that's attempted murder...period! The groups have to get a good lawyer on board and take these weasels to task. Any of you riders a lawyer? What do you think?

Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 15:18 Quote
this kind of shit just pisses me off because it's soooo sketch

I was going down a trail in UCSC and some one decided to stick a branch in the ground around a blind turn. It was like chest height and I BARELLLLLY saw it and ditched my bike. Was scary, branch was dug into ground too, not cool.

Posted: Aug 23, 2008 at 19:34 Quote
to catch some motherf*cker planting a trap would be amazing, i would love to beat some one like that.

Posted: Aug 24, 2008 at 8:22 Quote
ilikemybike011 wrote:
this kind of shit just pisses me off because it's soooo sketch

I was going down a trail in UCSC and some one decided to stick a branch in the ground around a blind turn. It was like chest height and I BARELLLLLY saw it and ditched my bike. Was scary, branch was dug into ground too, not cool.

Make sure to report it to the cops. I hope a lawyer pipes in, but even if the trail is not quite legal, trying to kill someone by sabotage (in your case, a killer branch) is still a crime greater than us bad, bad trail riders. It's time to take the wankers down...and legally to boot!

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 at 11:01 Quote
I feel sorry for you guys, but that article in the paper is kinda funny, and ridiculous.
I wonder if I'll get in there if I say that I hope he has a heart attack from the damage caused to his precious walking trails and dies lol.

*EDIT* Shit just realised how dead this thread was.

Posted: Dec 8, 2009 at 17:51 Quote
ktown-rider wrote:
Check out these ignorant stubborn douchebags

Trailkillerz.blogspot.com
i left those a*sholes a nice little message:

bigquotesThis ENTIRE website is ridiculous. How could one possible create an entire blog completely devoted to the radical hatred of mountain bikers? Just as there are responsible and irresponsible people, there are responsible and irresponsible bikers. The sheer ignorance within this entire web page makes me completely sick and has me questioning the mindset of a person that would take such a peaceful sport in such a negative view to the point that it is nearly described as satanism. Mountain bike trails leave minuscule damage to to the parks and tires create the same amount of damage as would corrosion from rain. Please refrain from further lies and try to see the sport in a more open view. SHARE THE TRAILS.

Posted: Dec 8, 2009 at 19:50 Quote
norcofreerider8 wrote:
Super thread dig.
whoops my bad,
i was searching for the "bay riders" thread and stumbled across this one

Posted: Dec 9, 2009 at 12:15 Quote
Its funny because your comment has already been removed from the site. People like this make me hate Marin County. Even up here in Santa Rosa you get some people that are complete ass holes that yell at you when you are waiting at trail heads. Ive seen trails been booby trapped by these people and even some park rangers that could KILL a biker. Most of the trails that we ride around here are illegal, but thats because we have no where else to go. I know im beating a dead horse but people like the ones who post stuff on that website are just haggard old marin county hippies that have nothing better to do than to complain about us and what we love to do.

Posted: Dec 9, 2009 at 12:54 Quote
lol after reading some of his posts i must say this guy is no more than a living joke. ''illegal trail riding'' ''speeding'' ''freerides = trail death'' lol

photo
''mtb damage'' as if a group of 20 people hiking will do less tracks in the mud. he just has nothing better to do. ill be actually glad if some one will send this comment to him.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.022796
Mobile Version of Website