Hardtails vs Duallies

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 20:31 Quote
Personally for xc I like having a full suspension bike but in other cases hard tail is the way to go. I don't ride cross country anymore but now I dirt jump. I have a big 4by and it's not the easiest bike to maneuver in the air so I always ask to use my friends hard tails.

Posted: May 21, 2008 at 20:35 Quote
4mr2thc0 wrote:
its called freeriding... i hike up random hills all the time looking for lines no ones ever ridden...
dont patronize me

Posted: May 22, 2008 at 0:54 Quote
poozank wrote:
4mr2thc0 wrote:
its called freeriding... i hike up random hills all the time looking for lines no ones ever ridden...
dont patronize me

na dude. technicalities a side. I does not matter what you ride or where you ride, or how much springage your ass is cushioned under.
I have never had a moment riding where I thought " I wish I had a full susser" or " "I wish I had a hard tail"
It is the riders personal choice.

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 3:55 Quote
so youre telling me that in all your time riding trails, you have never reached an uphill where you have wanted a HT under you? or been hammering a trail so hard that your feet are slowly sliding off the pedals that you wish you could be riding a duallie?

somehow i dont believe you. What would be ideal is a hybrid bike, ie with lockout in the shock. ideally speaking it would be awesome to have a little switch up on the handlebars that lock out the whole bike. i would buy a system like that.

Posted: May 23, 2008 at 16:04 Quote
^^ them save your money plenty of these systems exist

Posted: May 25, 2008 at 3:58 Quote
really? with the shock and the fork? i know rox shox have lockout stwitches for some of their forks, but ive never seen one for the shock, only systems like brains. but if you could guide me to a site etc that would be good

Posted: May 25, 2008 at 14:54 Quote
the scotts do
http://www.scottusa.com/gb_en/category/182/limited
ransoms have remote lock out on the rear get a remote lock out fork and you would be set

Posted: May 26, 2008 at 18:03 Quote
i think hardtails are the bikes you have most fun with but thats my opinion downhill/freeride is cool but hardtail is for tricks and having fun but dh is just go down a hill at full speed and do jumps and stuff but hardtail is tricks djing and plenty more its just my opinion

Posted: May 26, 2008 at 20:54 Quote
Hardtails all the way. less things break, less wieght, more peddling efficency, cheaper, less matnince = fewer worries!

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 16:02 Quote
chrischriskris wrote:
i think hardtails are the bikes you have most fun with but thats my opinion downhill/freeride is cool but hardtail is for tricks and having fun but dh is just go down a hill at full speed and do jumps and stuff but hardtail is tricks djing and plenty more its just my opinion
actually a shorter travel fs is way more versitile than a ht you can do dh-dj

O+
Posted: May 27, 2008 at 16:05 Quote
poozank wrote:
chrischriskris wrote:
Try reading the thread and checking which forum you're in.

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 16:06 Quote
Some hardtails can do everything decently but if you are in a bumpy area then a duallie would come in handy.

O+
Posted: May 27, 2008 at 16:09 Quote
Christopher sauser's is also doesnt have a paint clear coat so deont even mention his

O+
Posted: May 27, 2008 at 16:12 Quote
nishnash wrote:
Christopher sauser's is also doesnt have a paint clear coat so deont even mention his
huh?

Posted: May 27, 2008 at 16:13 Quote
truffles wrote:
poozank wrote:
chrischriskris wrote:
Try reading the thread and checking which forum you're in.
how is this irrelevant to the fourum the previous poster was esstially saying duallys are only for dh i corected saying they are far more versitile now please explain your comments in response to mine

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017195
Mobile Version of Website