your best brakeless stories

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
your best brakeless stories
O+
Posted: May 11, 2009 at 14:00 Quote
When I was like 6 or 7 years old, I had a crappy k-mart bmx with coaster brakes. I ALWAYS wanted a dirtbike and I used to pretend I had "real brakes" when I stopped (pulled imaginary levers when I stopped with my coaster brakes). One day I was really excited and rippin around really fast, and I came flying down this hill in my yard, over a hill, and towards this knee high brick wall we had, that was in front of a 3-4 foot drop to pavement. In my excitement, not realizing what I was doing, I got scared and tried to put on the brakes.....problem was, I "used" my "real brakes".....hit the bricks, endo to frontflip to faceplant and skidded like 10 feet on gravelly pavement....had rocks all stuck in my face, face was all mangled, the whole deal. good times.

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 14:11 Quote
My shoe has a hole in it Blank Stare

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 14:11 Quote
I was riding down a hill at my house and my beater GT with no brakes. I ended up picking up too much speed and I tried to stop myself by grabbing onto a tree. Unfortunately there were a couple of big nails sticking out of the trunk from an old piece of Northshore. And I somehow managed to force the blunt side of the nail all the way through my hand. I fell off and my hand was literally attached to the tree. I had so much adrenaline I yanked my hand right off. Later I found out that I actually fractured my hand from pulling it off too quickly.

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 14:18 Quote
bushhater wrote:
I was riding down a hill at my house and my beater GT with no brakes. I ended up picking up too much speed and I tried to stop myself by grabbing onto a tree. Unfortunately there were a couple of big nails sticking out of the trunk from an old piece of Northshore. And I somehow managed to force the blunt side of the nail all the way through my hand. I fell off and my hand was literally attached to the tree. I had so much adrenaline I yanked my hand right off. Later I found out that I actually fractured my hand from pulling it off too quickly.
Does your hand look like Jesus'?

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 19:30 Quote
recklessness wrote:
bushhater wrote:
Does your hand look like Jesus'?
STIGMATA!!!!

Posted: May 11, 2009 at 21:49 Quote
I got doored by a car last week riding breakless and have a cracked rib, not that cool but i havent ridden in a while... watch out for cars

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 10:26 Quote
once my brake cable snapped in town so i took my brakes off, anyway i got going again turned round to check where my mate was went to pull the brake but id just taken it off so i went straight into a sign outside a shop in the middle of town. not goodMoon

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 10:43 Quote
well my mates brake cable snapped somehow tryin a 180 up a fly out we made. anyway we were up there the next day and he came he had no brake as it had snapped. he wos gonna go brakeless from then on coz we told him to. we went in a train up the jump then back round the corner to the run in and we were speedin round the corner when in the shadow i saw him an his bike go flying an next the sound of metal scrapin the floor. i turned around and it turns out he wos tryin to avoid me even though i wos miles away an he rammed front wheel first into a curd. haha he bought a new brake days after lmao

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 21:08 Quote
wiki007 wrote:
Hi,

I am really very happy to see this site. I have no idea about this stories. Please give me more information.

============================================
wiki007
visit
fsbo
Leave

Posted: May 18, 2009 at 21:37 Quote
i dont really ride brakeless, but i have a story of me being stupid and not using my brakes.

so at my cottage i hav these trails, like some small jumps with berms. oh and yes this is 100%. i had a small jump that went into a berm. so i was flying down, little air on the jump, into the berm, coming out and theres like a family of squirrels. stupid me decided to ditch my bike. fell off, rolled into a tree. weirdest and sharpest pain i've ever felt in that short amount of time.

Posted: Dec 2, 2009 at 15:35 Quote
Well I wasn't running brakeless, but with old pads, so they didn't even work.

Anyway, I basically went off a switchback and fell down a hill. The end.

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 at 17:42 Quote
cool story bro.

oah and nice bump tup

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2009 at 17:49 Quote
slyfox wrote:
Nice bump?

the last post in this thread was from may...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012607
Mobile Version of Website