Bring back the Enduro! (Post your Specialized Enduros)

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Bring back the Enduro! (Post your Specialized Enduros)
Posted: Sep 27, 2015 at 19:55 Quote
Looks good. Saddle look off but cool bike.
SMX1 wrote:
photo

O+
Posted: Oct 6, 2015 at 12:16 Quote
Here's my 2001 Enduro FSR build. First pic is when I picked it up, was mostly stock and obviously wasn't kept up but was solid mechanically. I've since stripped it and rebuilt with all components from my collection:

2006 Fox Talas R 90-130mm Fork (probably soon to be replaced with an '07 Float RLC 120mm as I don't need the adjustable height)
Fox Float R shock (just replaced with a '14 Float CTD)
2x9 XT shifters, XTR RD, Truvativ Stylo GXP crank w/ Raceface bashring
Avid Elixir 7 brakeset
Mavic 223 wheelset on Specialized branded DT Swiss hubs, QR rear, DT Swiss 9mm thru-bolt front.
Ritchey post, Titus saddle (soon to add Command Post dropper)

Once I have the dropper, new fork, and maybe get some lighter pedals, I will be riding my dream bike. It already shreds and I have no problem keeping up with the guys on the new hotness with it. Sure the active suspension design is antiquated, but it suits me and I was able to buy and build it without my kids going w/o diapers this month. Big Grin

photo

photo

Posted: Oct 27, 2015 at 1:10 Quote
Just picked an 06 Enduro
getting some part references on this thread to built my enduro
Specialized Enduro 2006

O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2015 at 15:57 Quote
Anyone had time on both the Fox CTD shock and a CCDB Inline? If so, is the CCBD Inline worlds better?

Posted: Oct 28, 2015 at 8:12 Quote
Specialized Enduro
Looking for a rear shock upgrade, what are some good options for me? Air vs Coil?

Posted: Oct 29, 2015 at 10:55 Quote
You really can't go wrong with a modern air shock. Rockshox monarchs are probably the best bang for you buck at the moment

Posted: Nov 2, 2015 at 12:06 Quote
bikerboywill wrote:
You really can't go wrong with a modern air shock. Rockshox monarchs are probably the best bang for you buck at the moment

Get a Rockshox Monarch Plus and you won't be disappointed, easy to service and you can add reducer bands to fine tune yourself!

Posted: Nov 2, 2015 at 18:27 Quote
billywhiz040480 wrote:
bikerboywill wrote:

Get a Rockshox Monarch Plus and you won't be disappointed, easy to service and you can add reducer bands to fine tune yourself!
is the 05 enduro a 8.5x2.5 rear shock? i measured that, i just want to be sure

Posted: Nov 3, 2015 at 3:10 Quote
http://forums.mtbr.com/specialized/new-rear-shock-recommendations-05-enduro-s-works-380233.html

I make it 8.75 x 2.5, I could be wrong mind because I'm not sure if there is any difference between the S-Works and standard frame but I doubt it, double check with Specialized first I would.

Posted: Nov 3, 2015 at 9:45 Quote
If it is you could fit a 8.5x2.5 to slacken it out to replicate more modern geometry. I did it on my old iron horse and it worked amazingly

Posted: Nov 8, 2015 at 6:24 Quote
Is it ok if my enduro expert 2006 using 180mm dual crown fork?
because the previous owner used this bike for Downhill Race using Marzocchi 888 fork
photo

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.023621
Mobile Version of Website