Fox talas 36 RC2

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Fox talas 36 RC2
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 at 15:29 Quote
I'm building a transition bottlerocket ( ordered the frame last week, backordered 2-3 weeks) , I haven't ordered a fork yet. I was planning on getting A Fox 36 TALAS RC2. Is this a good fork? Have anyone of you used it on your slopestyle bikes? Thanks.

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2008 at 20:17 Quote
i have one on my reign
i just got it so i can't tell you too much (only two rides on it)
but i got it dialed in today, and it felt awesome
nice smooth action, good small bump absorption, but didn't bottom out
i'm not sure if it's what i'd put on an ss bike though

EDIT: oops i lied, i have a 36 VAN, not a talas
i have ridden a talas too though, and they're super nice
i'd definitely put one on a slopestyle bike, as you have the travel adjust
i'd say it's an awesome choice if you have the dough

Posted: Apr 7, 2008 at 20:31 Quote
I had one on my 06 RM Slayer (06 R model). Didnt work out for me. Had so many problems with it. And if you read the reviews on it, some people had problems with travel and other stuff.
http://www.mtbr.com/reviews/2006_front_shocks/product_125329.shtml

I wouldnt recomend it. But my opinion is biased, I had a bad experience and I'm not a smooth rider. I'll never buy an air fork again. I replaced it with a 66 rc2x, and it is so smooth. And now I'll stick with Marzzochi for sure. I still sent the fork for repairs, and now my dad rides it on his cross country bike.

Posted: Apr 8, 2008 at 3:23 Quote
36 Vanillas on my Patriot, awesome forks.

Posted: Apr 8, 2008 at 10:50 Quote
I read the MTBR reviews and the 36 talas RC2 forks got alot of bad feedback. But then again those reviews were made back in 06', so I was wondering if the bugs had been worked out by now. I was leaning towards the Talas forks because I can get a killer deal on fox stuff. Anyone one have 08' talas forks?

Posted: Apr 8, 2008 at 21:20 Quote
Just curious, why not the 36 VAN?

O+
Posted: Apr 8, 2008 at 21:22 Quote
i'm guessing if he wants to put it on a slopestyle bike, the travel adjust

Posted: Apr 8, 2008 at 22:03 Quote
In my case, the travel adjust was crucial since I ride all mountain, and lowering the fork on climbs is amazing. But still, after 7 months of riding the 7 inch 66, I really don't see the need for the travel adjust. I can very easily do without.

And, pardon my ignorance, but how exactly is it that you benefit from lowering the fork on slope style?

Posted: Apr 8, 2008 at 22:18 Quote
I have a 36 talas rc2 on my bottlerocket and i love it. I havent had any problems with it yet but i've been injured so i havent ridden it too much. I use the travel adjust a decent amount of the time, but I could go without it. If you really want travel adjust I would buy the talas over most similar forks, but I don't use the travel adjust as much as i thought i would. If you decide that you dont need it adjustable travel, look at a vanilla or a rock shox lyrik.

edit: The lyrik solo air is the one thats not adjustable. If you want adjustable travel you could also consider the lyrik coil u-turn.

Posted: Apr 8, 2008 at 22:26 Quote
hoffer10 wrote:
I have a 36 talas rc2 on my bottlerocket and i love it. I havent had any problems with it yet but i've been injured so i havent ridden it too much. I use the travel adjust a decent amount of the time, but I could go without it. If you really want travel adjust I would buy the talas over most similar forks, but I don't use the travel adjust as much as i thought i would. If you decide that you dont need it adjustable travel, look at a vanilla or a rock shox lyrik.

edit: The lyrik solo air is the one thats not adjustable. If you want adjustable travel you could also consider the lyrik coil u-turn.

or the 2 step :-) Mine is by far the best ~160mm travel fork Ive felt. The 2 step is a reliable system now, the old ones had issues, but the new ones are fixed.

Posted: Apr 8, 2008 at 22:26 Quote
I have the Talas RC2 on my Foes 4X, and it's amazing. I love it. I could have swapped it for a nice 32 Talas RC2, but I love my 36. It's perfect. Super smooth, really stiff, and great for everything you can throw at it. I use the travel adjustment a lot, since you don't want mor than 4-5" for slalom, but you want 5-6" for bigger stuff. All the adjustments come in very handy.

Posted: Apr 9, 2008 at 14:27 Quote
Thanks guys, your opinions have really helped.

O+
Posted: Apr 10, 2008 at 6:06 Quote
I have one on my Kona Coil Air. Circa 2006.

I have not had any problems. I love that fork. The travel adjustment seems to work really well. I have taken some big drops with it and it is cush. I think that you would really like this fork.

Posted: Apr 10, 2008 at 6:21 Quote
I've got the TALAS 32 RLC and i f*cking love it! The TALAS sytem is very nice. Tons of adjustablility, easy to operate, adjust on the fly. Sick ass forks bro, go for it!

Posted: Apr 10, 2008 at 6:35 Quote
36 van on my Heckler, does everything, super fork

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012353
Mobile Version of Website