Looking for a slopestyle bike

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Looking for a slopestyle bike
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 at 15:43 Quote
Im gona be parting out my 2007 devinci hucker this winter and i plan on getting a low travel fully, ive been looking at the bottel rocket frame but i was wondering if there was anything else out there, i plan on keeping my pike 426's as well, any suggestions??
photo

Posted: Oct 9, 2007 at 15:58 Quote
the jamis diablo is all freeride. it has a good 7-8 inches in the back but can be set to almost feel like a hardtail. nice for dirtjumps, slopestyle, and DH racing.tup

Posted: Oct 9, 2007 at 16:37 Quote
Look for the Transition bottle rocket, If not, Commencal makes amazing slopestyle bikes

Posted: Oct 9, 2007 at 18:26 Quote
low travel: cowan ds, transition double, specialized sx(not sxtrail)
More travel: transition bottlerocket, the new mountain cycle, specialized sx-trail, giant reign x1 etc.....

those are the few that came to my mind.

Posted: Oct 9, 2007 at 18:27 Quote
the new kona bass has 4 inches of travel sick slopestyle bike

Posted: Oct 10, 2007 at 3:00 Quote
Banshee wildcard looks promising

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://bp2.blogger.com/_AWtUSZlIh_k/RjpGShuQ0hI/AAAAAAAAAKA/ZfM5LMuHDa8/s400/DSCF0025

Posted: Oct 10, 2007 at 14:14 Quote
theres also the new Doberman fully. i forget what its called, and its still in prototype stage, but damn, is it ever nice...

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 14:34 Quote
Look Banshee. They look like they're gonna be the next Bottlerocket when it comes to short-travel slopestylery. 2lbs lighter then the Bottlerocket in frame alone, looks better, similar linkage, two shock settings for 5 or 6.5 inches of travel..... sounds like the ultimate slopestyle bike to me.

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 15:49 Quote
atomlab has a fully coming out, should be cool when it drops

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 16:00 Quote
if your planning on keeping your pike i would say spesh sx, kona cowan ds, bottlerocket, there are not a ton of other short-travel (under six inches) freeride machines out there but there are a few, but i forget them.

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 16:21 Quote
i just want to ask you, why would you get rid of your 2007 devinci hucker and get a low travel fully? you can not do bigger drops then you could of on your devinci, and you can lighten up your ride allot by getting new wheels and going single speed...exc

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 16:23 Quote
konarider6666 wrote:
the new kona bass has 4 inches of travel sick slopestyle bike

for sure look at getting the bass
its amazing
i think it uses the cowan ds frame

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 16:24 Quote
Check out my add Smile

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 at 16:33 Quote
3dfreak wrote:
i just want to ask you, why would you get rid of your 2007 devinci hucker and get a low travel fully? you can not do bigger drops then you could of on your devinci, and you can lighten up your ride allot by getting new wheels and going single speed...exc
Yeah, i changed my mind, i think im gona get a devinci hektik/frantik (the fr one) i might still keep my forks though and just get the frame not sure yet.

Posted: Oct 12, 2007 at 13:17 Quote
Brodie derelict, light, reasonably priced, and has a sick colour. Mine built up right now is 37 pounds, but I'm not going for weight, just strength. But it could be easily built to around 33-34 pounds. It pedals like a hardtail, and can take basically anything you can throw at it. I've even used it for downhill and it handled very well (blue mountain). Also jumps really well. heres a pic of mine. but i now have an actuall seat, thomson elite post, and x9 drivetrain.
https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/1451864/

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013779
Mobile Version of Website