for dh racing..handle bars low rise high rise..which is better?

PB Forum :: Downhill
for dh racing..handle bars low rise high rise..which is better?
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 at 8:21 Quote
ya just wondering what i should bye low ride or high rise handle bars..and what do you gyes think about keeping your handle bars wide?

Posted: Oct 9, 2007 at 8:34 Quote
Wide bars with low rise Cool

Posted: Oct 9, 2007 at 9:01 Quote
Try the two models and feel what is the best for you.
Is the best way to discover. Feeling the bars.
What is good for someone could be not for other.

Posted: Oct 9, 2007 at 9:08 Quote
in the middle rise lol

and wide Smile

but its what u like best

Posted: Oct 9, 2007 at 9:10 Quote
low to medium rise bars. and make em wiiiiide. apparently lower rise gives you more control

O+
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 at 10:32 Quote
cuz it seems all low rise bars are aimed at all mountain or cross country..annyone have anny suggestion on a good brand low or mid rise bar for dh

Posted: Oct 9, 2007 at 10:59 Quote
truvativ all the way i say. they have the best feel to them and oversized. i have them on Jump bike and DH bike. i have a medium rise 720width bar an dh bike and i love the feel of it. and they really strong!

Posted: Oct 9, 2007 at 16:05 Quote
Lower bars mean you'll be getting your weight over the front more and giving the front wheel more traction, high rise bars can make you sit more upright, but it's what makes you feel comfortable, so don't get too carried away with fashions.
Wide bars are good for carving the bike through turns as you've got more leverage and give a greater feeling of control. You do get caught up in trees if you're not careful though!
Sunline do some nice 27" low rise bars and RaceFace do the Atlas too if you go down that root.

Posted: Oct 9, 2007 at 17:53 Quote
chromag for awesome wide (29inch) and low rise bars. They put truvativ to shame. Also Gravity is coming out with a 30.5 incher

O+
Posted: Oct 9, 2007 at 19:43 Quote
If you dont have trouble getting through trees then a wide bar is much better because you have alot more leverage. but if you need to pick through trees, a thiner bar can save your knuckles

chromag makes a bar with almost no rise (fubars OS) which is suposed to be awesome
easton makes an awesome handlebar, the ea70 comes in a low rise and it feels almost perfect, the only thing is that it only comes as wide as 27"

Posted: Oct 9, 2007 at 23:29 Quote
Forks keep getting longer, so it makes sense to lower your bar to keep your hands in the ideal position.

I'm running a Funn Fatboy at 28" wide with 1" of rise and a direct-mount stem (stock Sunday Elite). My grip height is a couple of inches lower than that of anyone else I've met (given similar bikes) and I wouldn't want it any other way. I'd even consider a flat bar if it didn't interfere with my fork's stanchions, but I'd only recommend going all-out low for someone who's not especially tall or has a super low bike, such as the Sunday. A direct-mount stem and flat bar on a bike with a 15.5" BB would feel all wrong.

Posted: Oct 10, 2007 at 1:11 Quote
good point there r-m-r.

guess it depends on the rider, the bike and the application.

I ride a Demo8 with low bars and I'm 5'9" and feel very comfortable with it. riding with higher rise bars makes it feel weird. ok for freeriding tho.

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 at 5:23 Quote
hm well ime ridin a balfa bb7..annyone tried a low rise on this bike?

Posted: Oct 10, 2007 at 8:42 Quote
mafu wrote:
Try the two models and feel what is the best for you.
Is the best way to discover. Feeling the bars.
What is good for someone could be not for other.

+1

Couldn't have been said better!
Try 'em out

Posted: Oct 10, 2007 at 13:37 Quote
Once you have decided, I'd like to suggest the Easton EA70 (EC70 if you can afford/dare). Great bar, and you can get it in low, mid and high(?) rise.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011683
Mobile Version of Website