2024 Norco Sight - C1 Unboxing & Build up

PB Forum :: Norco
2024 Norco Sight - C1 Unboxing & Build up
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+ FL
Posted: Mar 29, 2024 at 17:01 Quote
Hey Everyone, noticed there was any 2024 Sight videos/Content up yet in the forum.

Lets get the ball rolling and see those Gen5 2024 Sights!

This is my third sight, gen 3, 4, and 5.

To those that are considering purchasing a Gen 5, ask any questions.

Posted: May 6, 2024 at 14:50 Quote
Hey Jason! Been eyeing this bike. How are you getting along with it? Seems like a great do it all bike for the PNW.

Hoping to pedal this on some big days and the weight concerns me. Any thoughts there?

O+ FL
Posted: May 7, 2024 at 5:30 Quote
mtbco-op wrote:
Hey Jason! Been eyeing this bike. How are you getting along with it? Seems like a great do it all bike for the PNW.

Hoping to pedal this on some big days and the weight concerns me. Any thoughts there?

Hey, thanks for the question!

So far I'm really liking the bike! The geometry and everything feel very similar to the last generation, so it was easy to feel comfortable quickly. I've noticed it seems to pick up or carry speed way more than the previous model though. It may be the 29" front wheel, my last was full 27.5", or maybe the high-pivot hype is real?? haha but it feels super composed and capable for anything, I'd say it would be an amazing PNW rig!

The weight hasn't been much of an issue for big pedals, with carbon bars and a carbon rear wheel, this model is weighing in at 34.6lbs for me. I do however, know that the alloy version frame weighs a solid 2 pounds more. So if you're thinking weight may be an issue, I'd avoid going alloy.

O+ FL
Posted: May 8, 2024 at 7:34 Quote
Lots of bike for the Maritimes proper but if you guys keep plugging away at Crabbe I can certainly see how you'd get use out of it!

O+ FL
Posted: May 9, 2024 at 10:12 Quote
j-t-g wrote:
Lots of bike for the Maritimes proper but if you guys keep plugging away at Crabbe I can certainly see how you'd get use out of it!

I hear this opinion a lot, usually from uninformed XC riders or weight weinies though. To be clear, I'm not calling you either of those in anyway! haha Totally respect the opinion!

To some extent I agree, it's definitely more bike than needed for a lot of our local trail systems. However, as you mentioned, there's a core group of us who rider crabbe almost weekly, and I prefer to own a bike that's capable of smashing those trails.

I also travel with my bike, last two trips being Whistler and Madeira for example, and I want a bike that can handle bike park and rowdy trails that isn't going to have lighter parts that are breaking all the time. To me the Sight is super versatile and can handle everything. I've tried the lighter/smaller trail bikes and the claim they make the other trails come alive, I don't personally agree with. I'd rather slug the big bike through that for when the smashing gets really good haha

I think locally an Optic or a Fluid would be the play, but if with all the other places I ride, the sight is a no brainer.

I also have a Chromag Stylus (hardtail) that i've ridden on all the local, and its fun, but I'd rather ride my Sight any day of the week.

O+ FL
Posted: May 9, 2024 at 10:34 Quote
I think with a hardtail the Sight is a great 1-2 punch, especially if you're riding somewhere like Crabbe all the time and especially if you shuttle! I did an 80-day road trip last summer from Kamloops to St. John's and rode as much as I could in the Maritimes and Newfoundland. Wish I'd stumbled into you online before then hahaha, I could have used some local knowledge and the two shops in Fredericton I talked to about Crabbe didn't know a ton. As such, I did get a pedal lap out there but didn't ride it a ton.

I was happy on my 120mm bike everywhere except St. John's and Quebec. I could have used a bit more on some of the features at MVP - for example going what I thought was trail speed ended up completely jumping the opening feature of Pinball and landing to flat somewhere beyond. I rode it out but it wasn't comfortable. They even included a little roller before the wood thing to pump!

What's the deal with Crabbe? It looks like it's privately community owned and has probably the best potential for trails in any of the Atlantic provinces excluding Newfoundland. Curious to hear from a local who knows what's up!

O+
Posted: 3 days ago Quote
mtbco-op wrote:

On one of these as well, honestly doesn’t pedal terribly, for a Hp it pedals really solid, I did 23 mi and about 3300 ft on it in Santa Cruz, and I was super comfortable the whole time. I would imagine riding in the PNW is kind of similar to Santa Cruz, I’ve only ridden Whistler once, but yeah ask me any other questions too, I’ll post my spec below, it’s a C2 frame with C1 parts and a few changes

O+
Posted: 3 days ago Quote
photo
Took this photo from my dorm lol, like I said few changes, its a C2 size 4 with matte ridewrap, got a 38 set to 170, Trp Dhr-evos, Zipp wheels with i9 hubs (stolen from my previous bike) 240 oneup dropper, oneup carbon bar, burgtec stem, Think everything else is a C1 build tho.

O+ FL
Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Kidklayko wrote:
photo
Took this photo from my dorm lol, like I said few changes, its a C2 size 4 with matte ridewrap, got a 38 set to 170, Trp Dhr-evos, Zipp wheels with i9 hubs (stolen from my previous bike) 240 oneup dropper, oneup carbon bar, burgtec stem, Think everything else is a C1 build tho.

Nice, really sick build, I like the colour way!

I havent bumped mine up to 170mm up front, but I did remove the stroke reducers and am running it at 160mm rear travel.

For any bike park or big trips I'll probably throw a 170 air shaft in it.

How is it riding with the 170?

O+
Posted: 2 days ago Quote
Rides really nice to be honest, feels pretty balanced, and hard to knock offline and surprisingly playful and really forgiving. I never had the 160 fork so I can’t really compare. I will say it does really well in steep terrain, and the big fork probably helps. I also put the 170 on for the bike park.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011122
Mobile Version of Website