Trail Conditions for Calgarians

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Trail Conditions for Calgarians
O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2017 at 19:24 Quote
strummer wrote:
aka-bigsteve wrote:
I encountered a steady stream of riders going up Daddy as I descended, which I found somewhat interesting in light of the endless debate over climbing FG vs Pnuema, as Mama is definitely much more direct. Just an observation, not griping.

If in that part of the world, I prefer Mama as a climb and Daddy as a descent, but most seem to disagree. Daddy is the more consistent, relaxing climb so it sees the majority of the uphill traffic. But it's a boring climb whereas Mama has some interesting sections and spits you out in a better spot. Regarding the Daddy descent, I always seem to encounter the large groups on those blind corners where you lose the trail in the foliage.

Oh, and on the subject of trail names, how about "wire fraud"? Let's get a whole network so none of the great suggestions above go to waste!

Wire fraud goes well with reconnect and telephone ect.

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2017 at 19:57 Quote
Clothesliner, Booby Trap, Lost Dog, Un-named Friend, Strava Justice...

So many possibilities

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2017 at 20:22 Quote
Chihuahua backpack, I want my money back, 800HP,

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2017 at 22:04 Quote
hizzity wrote:
I'm going to be in jasper tomorrow and have the afternoon free, looking for some beta on a good loop if anyone has spent time there. Looks to be lots of options on trailforks but not sure what's good.

I've ridden Jasper numerous times over the years, but last in 2010 so can't speak to current conditions.
My top pick for an afternoon would be an out and back from Old Fort Point to the loop around the Valley of 5 Lakes for a ride in the 2 hour range. Extend the ride by continuing to Wabasso Lake as an out and back or (my preference) loop back on the Hwy and pick up Valley of 5 again for the return. Recollection is that Wabasso was quite rooty in spots.
Overlander would be a great choice too, I would do as an out and back rather than return on Hwy, about 3 hours IIRC.
Saturday Night Lake and Minnow Lake trails offer enjoyable out and backs- the full loop connecting the two though gets pretty primitive at the far end. It would not be my first choice.
Enjoy!

Posted: Jul 15, 2017 at 8:12 Quote
http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/mobile/everybody-s-turned-on-me-mountain-biker-s-barbed-wire-encounter-scrutinized-1.3503789

Requests to speak to the injured parties friend Mack to get more details about the barbed wire were unanswered. If Mack would like to contact myself for a story anonymity will be preserved if desired

He blocked me and several others who tried to interview him. Sorry you folks in the area had to go through this. Not sure if crazy frog lady or this is worse

Posted: Jul 15, 2017 at 8:23 Quote
Fairly massive sized black bear on the road out from Praire View descent last night. Although that's not too surprising. He was chilled out eating berries so didn't give a hoot about us.

Just letting ya know.

Posted: Jul 15, 2017 at 8:38 Quote
leelau wrote:
http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/mobile/everybody-s-turned-on-me-mountain-biker-s-barbed-wire-encounter-scrutinized-1.3503789

Requests to speak to the injured parties friend Mack to get more details about the barbed wire were unanswered. If Mack would like to contact myself for a story anonymity will be preserved if desired

He blocked me and several others who tried to interview him. Sorry you folks in the area had to go through this. Not sure if crazy frog lady or this is worse

If you could pm me your phone number I could pass it off to either mack or one of the other parties involved.

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2017 at 9:36 Quote
“I made a mistake. It’s not Merlin Trail,” said Psaroudakis. “It’s right off the highway but there was no parking where I went. There was no picnic tables.”

Its been a while since I've been to WBC but I'm quite certain there hasn't been a highway built in that area and none of the trails are remotely close to the paved road....

“I’m tired,” said Psaroudakis. “I talk to one news people, I talk to police and then I get mashed everywhere because there’s four or five people that don’t like me in Calgary for no reason - because I have a fast car and I’m not afraid to say it.”

lol I think we are probably all jealous of his 800hp Audi TT Rolleyes

Posted: Jul 15, 2017 at 12:55 Quote
I think everyone needs to stop giving this goof the time of day and move on. You know what they say any press no matter good or bad.

Posted: Jul 15, 2017 at 15:29 Quote
Everyone loves a villain. This guy really slit his own throatRedface

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2017 at 17:25 Quote
ColinV wrote:
I think everyone needs to stop giving this goof the time of day and move on. You know what they say any press no matter good or bad.

Umm this is Pinkbike man, we flog the dead horse and have our fun Dead Horse

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2017 at 17:51 Quote
leelau wrote:

The last sentence in that article is saying that Mr. Wiseguy had a scheduled meeting with the RCMP to show them the location of the incident on Friday.

I am dying to know how that panned out!

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2017 at 21:09 Quote
ajax-ripper wrote:
If you could pm me your phone number I could pass it off to either mack or one of the other parties involved.

Wait, so there is a Mack?

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2017 at 21:16 Quote
husstler wrote:
ajax-ripper wrote:

Wait, so there is a Mack?

Mack Daddy

Posted: Jul 16, 2017 at 10:16 Quote
Skogan Pass
Some bear scat on trail but none of it looked like grizzly. Then again I didn't stop to look that closely.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.025529
Mobile Version of Website