Meet Kuvalda BenZin!

PB Forum :: eMTB
Meet Kuvalda BenZin!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 31, 2022 at 5:14 Quote
Hi, everyone!

I am Anton from Russia, Moskow and I want to show you my project from medieval ages)

My apologies for the slight internal combustion offtopic, but I think you guys may be interested in my project)

Meets Kuvalda BenZin!

Kuvalda BenZin_1. Construction review youtube video:
https://youtu.be/kpp0ZwUi23s

Photos on ES server: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1jQn3WFStBjYyXgGUiSpJvy2SCaqPUzqG

It's like electroassistant, but with the petrol!)

I represent it like lighter, more powerful, cheaper alternative for already conventional assisted ebikes like Specialized TurboLevo and others.

Power: 1000W (1,3hp)
Weight: 25kg
Fuel tank capacity: 1l
Fuel consumption: 1,3l/100km
Travel range: 70km (or 2,5 hours) at full throttle 1kW!
Whell size: 27,5"
Suspensions travel: 160mm
Target: enduro
Engine: Honda GX35
Clutch: centrifugal
Gearbox: worm gear
Approximate cost: $3000-4000

What do you think about it?
Would you like the same one?)

Also see and subscribe my Instagram too:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CYzQ52pMjyX/?utm_medium=copy_link

#kuvaldabikes, #ebike, #bikes, #custombike, #handmade, #handmadeinrussia, #mountainbike, #motocross

Posted: Jan 31, 2022 at 10:59 Quote
Tell us about the CO, CO2, hydrocarbons, and nitrogen oxides that you've measured at the exhaust pipe.

Posted: Feb 2, 2022 at 0:56 Quote
barp wrote:
Tell us about the CO, CO2, hydrocarbons, and nitrogen oxides that you've measured at the exhaust pipe.

Approximatly the same as emits a grass trimmer from which this engine is)

And probably the less as emits coal electric power station to produce electricity to charge analogical ebike)

Posted: Feb 2, 2022 at 8:45 Quote
So you're comparing it to two other things that also shouldn't exist.

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2022 at 10:03 Quote
Genuinely curious what the emissions per mile are vs something like a scooter (Vespa-like) or urban ebike. The latter especially where coal/natural gas is the primary electricity generator, like in Denver. If you'd want to go deeper down the rabbit hole, account for battery production/disposal vs gasoline production.

Posted: Feb 2, 2022 at 13:43 Quote
Fuel consumption: 1,3l/100km
F... forget about fuel economy is my liveslogan!
HEMI v8 may eat this gas quantity in a few minutes)

And it's absolutely negligence in comparing with at least one of millions cars around.

May be it's better to talk about power/weight/cost parameters?
Isn't it cool that it's four times more powerful than Turbo Levo with the same weight? And three times cheaper at the same time)

May be anyone can tell anything about legal field around this thing in country you live?

O+
Posted: Feb 2, 2022 at 14:38 Quote
Admire the ingenuity but its not something viably marketable in the US IMHO.

Dirt bikes are dirt bikes and bikes are bikes with ebikes under much scrutiny due to the clowns on class 2 ridding where they should not.

To answer the question about legalities of where we live, residing in California they recently banned small internal combustion motors such as those on lawn care equipment which is what you selected as a prime mover.

Develop something that runs on unicorn snot and happy feelings and you will be onto something.

Posted: Feb 2, 2022 at 18:42 Quote
In Southern NV. there's more than a few people using "Whizzer" kits, Chinese made gas powered bicycles, and similar "home made" small engine gasoline powered bicycles, mostly in the less affluent areas, not recreational but for transportation as many don't have drivers licenses and registration and insurance is not required as long as it has actual working pedals and a chain to turn the rear wheel. I haven't seen any gas powered bikes on actual bicycle trails but I have seen electric bikes where it's posted "no motorized vehicles".

Posted: Feb 6, 2022 at 11:43 Quote
A06 wrote:
Dirt bikes are dirt bikes and bikes are bikes with ebikes under much scrutiny due to the clowns on class 2 ridding where they should not.

To answer the question about legalities of where we live, residing in California they recently banned small internal combustion motors such as those on lawn care equipment which is what you selected as a prime mover.

Develop something that runs on unicorn snot and happy feelings and you will be onto something.

I represent it like lighter, more powerful, cheaper alternative for already conventional assisted ebikes like Specialized TurboLevo and others.
But rides only in legal areas)

My be it is more wild and freeride trail where is no power sockets anywhere in Idaho or Utah near Red Bull Rampage area) If you are too lazy to go up from the buttom of the Grand Canyon and you don't have your own helicopter you may climb it on Kuvalda BenZin)

I saw a huge quantity of motorhead videous from USA! Like Baja 1000, mountain snowmobiles...
https://youtu.be/D1c6W8xbF_s
As I think, anywhere it's allowed!

Oh, how many time has passed since the Governor was the Terminator...
So I shouldn't go to California(

lvdukerider wrote:
In Southern NV. there's more than a few people using "Whizzer" kits, Chinese made gas powered bicycles, and similar "home made" small engine gasoline powered bicycles, mostly in the less affluent areas, not recreational but for transportation as many don't have drivers licenses and registration and insurance is not required as long as it has actual working pedals and a chain to turn the rear wheel. I haven't seen any gas powered bikes on actual bicycle trails but I have seen electric bikes where it's posted "no motorized vehicles".

I googled Whizzer and it looks like chaineese copy of soviet D-6 bicycle engine. It was a dream of every soviet boy) And now we have a little fan communuty of this technic. And one of them pushed me to idea that I can use an engine instead of electric motor)

Is "no motorized vehicles" up to ebikes and they rides there illegal? Or it's only about internal combustion engines?

In russian legislation up to 250W electric motor is a bicycle but more than 250W is a moped (a scooter). More than 4kW is a motorcycle.
And up to 50cc is a moped and more is a motorcycle.
So my piece is a moped.

And all in all - where do you ride on eBikes?

Posted: Feb 6, 2022 at 17:32 Quote
It's somewhat similar here, recently under 49cc scooters now require a one time per owner license plate (to combat theft) but no insurance. Always required drivers license unless it has pedals (moped/motorized bicycle).
The wattage rule is similar here regarding electric scooter/motorcycle.
Like previously posted California's governor Gavin Newsome recently banned all small internal combustion engines, (lawn equipment, portable generators, etc).
There is a federal law called "roadless initiative" it is a environmental law that makes it illegal to travel other than on foot or horseback across open desert, only on dedicated existing roads and dedicated off road recreational areas (O.R.V.). It depends on if your on county controlled land administered by local police, or state/federal controlled land administered by B.L.M.
These laws are not enforced very vigorously here in Nevada but they are in California. Even here in Nevada if you happen to get stopped off road in the wrong spot on a motorized vehicle by a B.L.M. officer you could at least relieve a hefty fine, or at worse get your vehicle impounded.

Posted: Feb 6, 2022 at 17:36 Quote
As far as where do people ride on Ebikes, from what I see so far where I'm at, pretty much wherever they want at least for now just as long as your not being stupid or making a nuisance or yourself.

Posted: Feb 9, 2022 at 7:01 Quote
Thank you, it's very interesting and cognitively)

So, as I understood, ebikers rides even illegal in Nevada?

And everybody may see ± good quality photos on VitalMTB)
https://www.vitalmtb.com/community/Anton-Kuvalda,56944/setup,45420

Is on PB anything like Our bikes area to post it there?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007169
Mobile Version of Website