Pivot Firebird sizing

PB Forum :: Pivot Cycles
Pivot Firebird sizing
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jan 26, 2022 at 5:25 Quote
I'm confused about pivot's sizing. Im 5'7 and ride a medium 2018 cannondale jekyll. I was in between small/medium on jekyll and landed on the longer bike (I have both sizes). The geometry is very different on the medium 2022 firebird vs medium jekyll.

The firebird is:
1 deg steeper head tube
46mm longer wheelbase
20mm longer reach
26mm bigger stack
1.5 deg steeper seat tube

I found a medium firebird and the shop says that the sizing is misleading because of the seat tube angle. It's hard for me to try the bike bc theres no pivots in my country. Im going to USA in april

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2022 at 17:07 Quote
I'm 5'8" and ride a medium firebird from 2020 - Sometimes I wonder what a smaller bike might feel like - however I recently used the Atherton bikes sizing guide on their site and it churned out some custom specs for my size..... to my surprise the geometry of the Atheron bike for my measurements was almost exactly what I am riding on my Firebird 2020. I know since the new design they made the bikes a little bigger..... which made me consider a small if I were to upgrade..... it seems we're right on the cusp of sizing.

Posted: Aug 12, 2022 at 12:34 Quote
Iā€™m 5ā€™7ā€ and ride a Medium Tues and a medium Pivot mach6 and they both fit perfect. I swung my leg over a 2022 medium firebird and it felt oddly large imo . If I would buy one it would be a small

Posted: Aug 28, 2022 at 6:46 Quote
I'm 5'10x" and ended up with a medium. Per their site this is right... but I've been large on everything else. Some at 6' said the large felt too big. So I think the whole thing depends on how you ride. I chose medium because I wanted a long travel enduro that had some trail manners (poppy). However if I were shooting for straight speed downhill speed then large would have been better.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009332
Mobile Version of Website