Warranty for this?

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Warranty for this?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jan 15, 2022 at 14:30 Quote
Noticed this while doing a refresh on my Hightower LT and installing new Invisiframe. Looks like corrosion under the paint, like rust, but no metal other than the bold between carbon and the threaded section for the BB.

Guess I will be taking this to the dealer and emailing SC the pic.

photo

Posted: Jan 15, 2022 at 14:56 Quote
gmoss wrote:
Noticed this while doing a refresh on my Hightower LT and installing new Invisiframe. Looks like corrosion under the paint, like rust, but no metal other than the bold between carbon and the threaded section for the BB.

Guess I will be taking this to the dealer and emailing SC the pic.

photo

Looks like a crack between the carbon and Metal insert for the BB.

Posted: Jan 15, 2022 at 15:01 Quote
Yes, looks like separation. I have completed the warranty claim on their website and now when I push submit, nothing happens. Madder

ugh.

Posted: Jan 16, 2022 at 9:25 Quote
Got it submitted. Now wait.

The burn is I was 3/4 of the way thru a new Invisiframe install, during a tear down and refresh of everything.

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 8:14 Quote
Did you talk with SC before you submitted the claim?

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 8:44 Quote
Nope. It was the weekend.

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 16:12 Quote
Update: Heard from them today. Frame is being warrantied. I will have to source the shock, however. I am good with that since I would not want the RS anyway.

Posted: Jan 17, 2022 at 18:57 Quote
More carbon for the landfill.

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 8:19 Quote
gmoss wrote:
Update: Heard from them today. Frame is being warrantied. I will have to source the shock, however. I am good with that since I would not want the RS anyway.

That gave me 50% of RSSD. I am not sure if they did something on the 2022 shocks but mine feels excellent after getting it set up.

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 8:27 Quote
not sure what you mean by your first sentence. can you elaborate? Wink

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 8:36 Quote
gmoss wrote:
not sure what you mean by your first sentence. can you elaborate? Wink

They gave me 50% of retail on a rock shock super deluxe rear shock. I think I paid around $200.

I know people complained about the shock blowing through travel and having to run a ton of PSI. I know they updated some internals in 2021 but my rear shock feels great. I have yet to bottom the bike and i've hit some big features. I only run 20 psi over my weight and the big volume spacer.

I'm just saying if you can get a rock shock for half price, I wouldn't hesitate doing it.

O+
Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 8:39 Quote
gmoss wrote:

Being warrantied with what frame?

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 8:40 Quote
ah, ok. They have not offered that, yet. I may inquire, can always sell it. I hate Sram and RS so much that I would not take it at 25%. I am sure it would probably be fine, but it is hard to change 20 years of feelings. HAHAHA

Posted: Jan 18, 2022 at 8:41 Quote
sennaster wrote:
gmoss wrote:

Being warrantied with what frame?

Hightower V2.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012559
Mobile Version of Website