2022 Norco VLT pics and conversation

PB Forum :: eMTB
2022 Norco VLT pics and conversation
O+ FL
Posted: Apr 22, 2022 at 9:56 Quote
I just got a range A2, does anyone's battery rattle inside the frame when riding? I might try and pack it out a bit with duct tape or something similar...

O+
Posted: Apr 23, 2022 at 10:48 Quote
loulew wrote:
I just got a range A2, does anyone's battery rattle inside the frame when riding? I might try and pack it out a bit with duct tape or something similar...

Battery rattle or motor rattle?

I expect my Range C1 to be here in a week or so. I'll report back. Unless I'm riding, then I won't. Wink

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 23, 2022 at 23:22 Quote
It feels like battery rattle?

Posted: Apr 24, 2022 at 8:11 Quote
I have a 22 C2 and I have heard nothing of the sort.

loulew wrote:

Posted: Apr 24, 2022 at 18:34 Quote
loulew wrote:
Probably just the ep8 rattle .

Posted: Apr 25, 2022 at 7:18 Quote
loulew wrote:

Mine rattled bad, I taped a piece of inner tube to front of the battery to shut the thing up. I ran into a guy on another Range VLT and he had the same problem, he used bubble wrap. He told me he was going to the shop he bought it from and picking up a new battery upper cap under warranty, and the spinlock plug. You get both under warranty. I did the same and no problems now. It does sound like the front end of the
bike is going to fall off the bike with old battery cap. Some Norco dealers may not have a clue of what your talking about, so you may have to call around. Pm me if you need more info.
https://www.norco.com/cmsb/uploads/bikes/bikes/nb-085-assembler-doc-fluid-sight-range-alu_001.pdf

It's part 57 in that exploded view link.

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2022 at 21:57 Quote
I have a 2022 A2 and I’m looking to run 220 rotors. Does anyone know of how to use the shimano magnet with sram HS2 center lock rotors? Or a different magnet that can be used with non shimano rotors?

Thanks

O+
Posted: Apr 26, 2022 at 6:25 Quote
andrewrider wrote:
I have a 2022 A2 and I’m looking to run 220 rotors. Does anyone know of how to use the shimano magnet with sram HS2 center lock rotors? Or a different magnet that can be used with non shimano rotors?

Thanks

Any magnet. You can epoxy or JB Weld a magnet to the rotor if there is clearance, I did it once in a pinch but it was still a Shimano rotor, just not an integrated one. You're better off going to a rotor made for the magnet. There are options from Magura as well. I've never run SRAM bikes on any of my bikes so I honestly never thought of it.

Shimano or Magura are my only personal experiences.

Posted: Apr 26, 2022 at 6:52 Quote
andrewrider wrote:

Thanks

I just glued on a small neodymium magnet.
photo

O+
Posted: May 14, 2022 at 9:37 Quote
photo

photo

Still haven't figures out the battery range of it yet. Seems like Eco-max is best so far with enough for steep climbs, but the range is pretty bad for 900whr battery. I'm getting a bit more than my Orbea with a 625 at a similar feeling power level. I'm fairly disappointed with that so far, but the bike runs well. Probably won't keep it past this season.

Had a poor delivery too which did not help my mindset. Both brakes needed to be re-bled once I got it home and almost no setup was done from the shop. Not a good experience.

O+
Posted: May 27, 2022 at 5:42 Quote
Update: My battery range may have been poor because the battery was failing, and has now failed.

Waiting for a warranty battery. Crap.

O+ FL
Posted: May 27, 2022 at 8:24 Quote
voleman wrote:
Update: My battery range may have been poor because the battery was failing, and has now failed.

Oh no Frown

I was about to say... I rode with a friend on a specialized turbo levo, and while his was down to 2/10 bars, mine was at 3/5 still, on the same power settings no less

O+
Posted: May 27, 2022 at 8:26 Quote
loulew wrote:
voleman wrote:

Oh no Frown

I was about to say... I rode with a friend on a specialized turbo levo, and while his was down to 2/10 bars, mine was at 3/5 still, on the same power settings no less

Yeah I was getting about the same as my Orbea does with a 625 battery, Which was garbage. Hopefully a new battery solves that.

FL
Posted: May 30, 2022 at 0:14 Quote
In love with mine bar an issue with it not starting sometime (steps screen comes on then shuts off) only solution is to charge it again. Battery has capacity. It's a really annoying intermittent fault that only happens randomly. It's ruined 2 rides now. Any ideas?

It's a fair bit different from these pics when new, has DT swiss FR560's on Hope Pro 4's, XTR deralliuer and shifter (thanks covid, all I could get) and Ice tech rotors. Stock brakes are really good to me, and I've had saints on previous e-bikes.

photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: May 30, 2022 at 10:41 Quote
Who here has tried running a 27.5 on the rear of the Sight or Range ?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.018572
Mobile Version of Website