Altitude Shuttle Guards

PB Forum :: Rocky Mountain Bikes
Altitude Shuttle Guards
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+ FL
Posted: Mar 13, 2021 at 19:13 Quote
So I built up my new 2021 Rocky mountain altitude, and I put on the shuttle guards on the downtube. I decided that I'm going to do a ride wrap and I'm curious if I can pull off the guards and how I'll be able to stick them back onto the frame after the ride wrap. Any ideas?

Posted: Mar 13, 2021 at 23:11 Quote
Mine came with the guards pre installed. Thought I might damage the guards or the frame trying to take them off/re-stick them, so I just cut that piece of wrap to fit around the guards. Turned out fine

Posted: Mar 19, 2021 at 12:09 Quote
I just warmed mine up with a hair dryer and carefully peeled them off. They didn't leave any residue and stuck back on easily and securely after I installed the ride wrap. I think it would be impossible to install the ride wrap with them in place unless you just guessed and cut them before install?

Posted: Mar 20, 2021 at 12:08 Quote
Harveybrou wrote:
I just warmed mine up with a hair dryer and carefully peeled them off. They didn't leave any residue and stuck back on easily and securely after I installed the ride wrap. I think it would be impossible to install the ride wrap with them in place unless you just guessed and cut them before install?

I just laid that piece of wrap over the guards and outlined where I needed to cut. Sounds like your way is easier though, I just wasn't sure if they would re-stick.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008376
Mobile Version of Website