More domestic attacks on the US government seem likely from psychotic and delusional conspiracy believing Trump supporters

PB Forum :: Social / Political Issues
More domestic attacks on the US government seem likely from psychotic and delusional conspiracy believing Trump supporters
Posted: Aug 15, 2021 at 16:13 Quote
Matt115lamb wrote:
rosemarywheel wrote:
Matt115lamb wrote:
We all know Americans can’t drive but the number ain’t that far apart !

Hey! Wink Wink I can drive...
There’s always the a few that break the mould Big Grin

It's my parents fault if ever I am responsible Wink don't judge Big Grin

Posted: Aug 16, 2021 at 4:20 Quote
rosemarywheel wrote:
Matt115lamb wrote:
rosemarywheel wrote:

Hey! Wink Wink I can drive...

what? like a stick shift and everything?

cool

Posted: Aug 17, 2021 at 10:38 Quote
iffy wrote:
rosemarywheel wrote:
Matt115lamb wrote:

what? like a stick shift and everything?

cool

Unfortunetly not Really Mad I would love to learn manual. I just went driving by myself after work yesterday, with a bike of course! tup zoomed around on an empty university campus on the 4X bike...

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 12:10 Quote
⚜️Another hard hitting article that exposes the defective and violent psychology of hard core Trump supporters.

This is probably the way that sock puppet guy on here thinks, cause so many of his fake right wing profiles promote violence against the American govt.

⬇️Read it all❗⬇️

Democracy Dies in Darkness

Opinion: Trump supporters’ logic of political violence should alarm us all

Supporters of Donald Trump carry guns as they protest the presidential vote count in Detroit on Nov. 6, 2020. (Salwan Georges/The Washington Post)

By Michael Gerson
Columnist
November 15, 2021 at 2:25 p.m. EST

A disturbing question now hangs over the conduct of American politics. “At this point,” said an audience member at a recent pro-Trump event, “we’re living under corporate and medical fascism. This is tyranny. When do we get to use the guns?” As the crowd applauded, the man persisted: “No, and I’m not — that’s not a joke. I’m not saying it like that. I mean, literally, where’s the line? How many elections are they going to steal before we kill these people?”

Opinions to start the day, in your inbox. Sign up.
The question is important, not only for the depth of its extremism, but for the clarity of its logic. For years, many on the right have defended the Second Amendment with the “in case of emergency break glass” doctrine. Maintaining armed forces outside the U.S. government, in this view, is necessary for opposing the government if it grows tyrannical. A significant number of Americans have armed, trained and organized themselves with this possibility in mind.

At the same time, a former president and other leaders on the right are urging their followers to believe that they are living under despotic rule. How else could you describe an illegitimate regime enforcing medical fascism through needle jabs mandated like the mark of the beast?

Story continues below advertisement
The political syllogism is unavoidable: If citizens are armed against the advance of tyranny, and tyranny is advancing apace, then violence is justified, even if it is not currently advisable.

This is what Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) was referring to when she recently said, “If you think about what our Declaration of Independence says, it says to overthrow tyrants.” A significant portion of our political community is turning to the Declaration, not for inspiration about human dignity, but for a right to revolution.

Washington Post investigation: Before, during and after Jan. 6

It is tempting to dismiss this as the talk of posers and blowhards. But some posers and blowhards have live ammunition at their disposal. We have already seen deadly violence spark at the edges of social controversy — in Charlottesville, in Kenosha, Wis., in the U.S. Capitol. These are becoming the culture war equivalents of the Boston Massacre — brief, blundering clashes that take on mythic significance as indictments or rallying cries.

Story continues below advertisement
It is worth noting that political violence, while relatively rare during the past 50 years, is not uncommon in American history. If MAGA militants are searching for models of brutality fed by religious fervor, they can find them in America’s founding.

The Sons of Liberty — known to their victims as the Sons of Violence — were more than a threat to unattended tea. The tarring and feathering of loyalists could be a brutal process that blistered skin. Loyalist officials often had their houses attacked and looted. The rebel cry of “liberty and property,” one colonial governor sardonically observed, was “the usual notice of their intention to plunder and pull down a house.”

Since the morally murky days of the Revolution, the American story has been marked by political violence at regular intervals. There has been violence against the federal government (starting with the Whiskey Rebellion), against abolitionists, against African Americans, against immigrants, against Catholics and other religious minorities.

What lessons are to be drawn from this occasionally bloody history? First, the relative social peace we’ve seen since the early 1970s is more fragile than we imagine. Americans have often been tempted to express their anger and achieve their goals outside the boundaries of the constitutional order. The peaceful conduct of politics is not a natural state; it is a social achievement. Maintaining it requires positive moral effort.

Second, public and media figures who feed or accommodate the impulse of violence have entered a special category of ignominy. They are unleashing the force of nihilism in American politics — the mad desire to blow up our political order and put citizens at one another’s throats. Donald Trump clearly believes that he benefits from such chaos. But it could take our country to a very dark place.

Third, the only way to discredit the logic of violence is to dispute each of its steps. No, we are not living under “medical fascism” or “tyranny” of any sort. No, elections have not been routinely stolen. And no, “these people” are not enemies to be killed with assault rifles; they are neighbors and fellow citizens.

Correcting these fallacies would seem a rather unexceptional, entry-level commitment for public service. But to do so has become profoundly controversial within the Republican Party. And when House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) refuses to discipline members of his caucus for threats of political violence, the message is further mixed.

It is often said the Republican leaders have no moral bottom. But there eventually is a bottom, marked in blood.

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 12:19 Quote
DCA, I'm a libertarian/centrist and have mostly left wing views, more than right. But keep thinking I'm some far-right British dude who has hundreds of "alternate sock puppet" accounts to troll you.

This profile is the only one I have.

You make assumptions, and assumptions are the mother of all f*ck ups.

I have a liberal girlfriend in SD, USA and love America.

Peace brother. Smile Salute

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 12:52 Quote
gusbus432 wrote:
Wassup boys

I'm good gus. Just chilling with some beers.

How are you doing dude?

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 15:05 Quote
sup bitches...!??!?! Pimp

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 16:46 Quote
rosemarywheel wrote:
DoodZ! how y'all?

good man...how'z you ?? school and work goin' ok...????

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 18:39 Quote
adm750 wrote:
rosemarywheel wrote:
DoodZ! how y'all?

good man...how'z you ?? school and work goin' ok...????

No school for me! Work is actually going surprisingly well despite all the drama, holdups and @$$#0les... I just try to be helpful, be nice to evreyone and kick @$$.

It works! Eek

I also just bought the Stevie Smith documentary and am making my way through it. I want to go ride downhill really fast...

How are you? having fun?

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 19:55 Quote
ah shoot...I thought you were still in school...college maybe, but shit, you might be done. Damn dude...you gotta stay safe out there on the west side. shit's jumping off.... f*cking shameful. Jailbreak

been tryin to have fun. Rolleyes

This POS car keeps breaking right before the holidays, I'm closing out two classes with papers due plus finals next week. Work has been absolutely in-f*cking-sane busy. That and the looming financial nightf*ckingmare of the holidays and shitty cold weather for the next few months are negatively impacting my fun-ometer lately lol

I told the fam that I wanted absolutely nothing for Christmas. If they so much as get me a $5 gift card to Ace Hardware I'd disown 'em all....and no socks...well, maybe socks.....

Nah...it isn't that bad. the end of the year is always a high-stress zone for me. I still have a week's vacation to burn so I'll be enjoying some time off with the fam soon....much needed time off with them for sure.

Cool on the SSmith documentary. I'll have to look that up. Shit, I'd be happy just to go up a hill and back down it at this point lol

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 20:18 Quote
adm750 wrote:
ah shoot...I thought you were still in school...college maybe, but shit, you might be done. Damn dude...you gotta stay safe out there on the west side. shit's jumping off.... f*cking shameful. Jailbreak

been tryin to have fun. Rolleyes

This POS car keeps breaking right before the holidays, I'm closing out two classes with papers due plus finals next week. Work has been absolutely in-f*cking-sane busy. That and the looming financial nightf*ckingmare of the holidays and shitty cold weather for the next few months are negatively impacting my fun-ometer lately lol

I told the fam that I wanted absolutely nothing for Christmas. If they so much as get me a $5 gift card to Ace Hardware I'd disown 'em all....and no socks...well, maybe socks.....

Nah...it isn't that bad. the end of the year is always a high-stress zone for me. I still have a week's vacation to burn so I'll be enjoying some time off with the fam soon....much needed time off with them for sure.

Cool on the SSmith documentary. I'll have to look that up. Shit, I'd be happy just to go up a hill and back down it at this point lol

I finished the Machining last Spring Smile Its definetly pretty much "Corona is bad but eff it we all want to go out and do things again" vibe around here...

My car (Alice the Altima) needs winter tires in the Front (front wheel drive...) as they are kind of... slim *ahem* Thankfully no finalks for me but my bestie and another frind are still doing College and it is very good that I am patient because I don't hear a peep from them for weeks.

...As for presents I would love to get socks but I don't need them 'cause I am a big boy now and I buy my own damn socks Beer

I am so glad we aren't into the whole Holiday thing because everyone but us find it stressful. That and my parents don't spend time with anyone they don't like so all of our freinds are cool. We just use any big Holiday as an excuse to eat yummy food and maybe see freinds more often Fab

...Vacation?!?? whats that? I actually have a week off too... no idea what to do with my time except bike because everyone else will be busy Smile I have some new bikes to mess with though! If I can get a DH bike up and running befor e the break I will be bashhing up and down Galbraith, Chuckanut MTN's and Cougar ridge no matter the weather.

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 20:20 Quote
And pushups, lots of pushups. First 33 then 22 then 11... and I just did 44... now off to do 33... then 22. Gotta keep warm somehow!

Posted: Dec 7, 2021 at 20:36 Quote
rosemarywheel wrote:
And pushups, lots of pushups. First 33 then 22 then 11... and I just did 44... now off to do 33... then 22. Gotta keep warm somehow!

haha...me too. I do what we loving termed "The Big 10"
10 pushups - flip over and do 10 crunches. 9 pushups, 9 crunches....work your way down to 1 pushup and 1 crunch.

lemme know how that goes Wink

you can also do Deck of Cards. pick four exercises...one for each suit (like spades are body weight squats, diamonds are pushups, clubs are crunches, ....and hearts are curls).
Shuffle the deck... then flip a card and do the number on the face of the exercise that matches the suit. jack/queen/king are 11/12/13. Aces are NOT 1's they are 14....

so, a 10 of spades means 10 squats.... King of clubs is 13 crunches...and so on. Do the whole deck... you could start by taking out all the face cards till you get used to it. or rip away with the full deck.

It's random as f*ck and you'll wind up doing like 36 pushups in a row, 2 curls, then 8 pushups. lol

We'd do a full deck of cards twice during lunchtime workouts at the gym we have at the plant. we'd just pick four new exercises. mix in shit like side plank raises, lunges and shoulder presses. use dumbells if you have them. I was doing these with my son since working from home. He hates Deck of Cards... Really Mad

I'm old enough to by my own damned socks too but unfortunately they make good "dad presents" ..like Old Spice lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.045368
Mobile Version of Website