Zeb settings

Posted: Mar 15, 2024 at 11:35 Quote
Running new settings after 10th day of testing, (yesterday).

180 zeb ultimate 2021
2 clicks HSC (from open)
7 clicks LSC (from open)
80Psi (equalized chamber 4 times when re-filling)
Rebound 9 clicks (from closed)
2 standard volume reducers.

To get a high front end I added 12mm of (under stem) spacers.
This makes the suspension actually work vs how stiff I was running beforehand.
Actually running normal sag 15% seated, 20/22 standing.
Front end is higher and feels good, while suspension is being made use of to do it's job!

FL
Posted: Mar 15, 2024 at 14:48 Quote
Marinsend wrote:
sharpy182 wrote:
oatkinso wrote:
Looks like there’s a new damper on the way. Takes the piss this stuff isn’t sorted through testing, but anyway it looks as if the issues will be rectified…

I know what you mean, these things seem to be coming out quicker and quicker, it’s like when we go to buy someone and there’s already talk of the newer version… kinda off pointing in my opinion.
I’ve got the first version of the ZEB fork…. has any had both version and how big a difference is it in terms of ride feel?
Very good question, like do you upgrade or just wait until a significantly better version comes out.

Yeah, damper upgrade isn’t going to be a cheap ‘upgrade’ either, current charger 3 is £345 on its own. Mind you, seeing as the main issue with this damper is that it’s too stiff, that’s what it looks like you’re after anyway?

Posted: May 4, 2024 at 18:10 Quote
You are just wasting your time and money messing with these oem forks from Fox and Rockshox.... I converted my ZEB to coil via a Smashpot and changed the damper to a FASST SC4 damper..believe there is now an SC5. I can tell you straight no matter how much you play with pressures, rebuilds, fluids, compression and rebound dials, zip ties in the wiper seals you are basically polishing a turd. You are getting that extra 10-15% out of the fork that might only last a few rides. The difference between my converted fork and the original stock is night and day, not just a bit better but way way better it makes the oem forks feel like they are some Walmart/ toys'r'us bike forks or something.

There is just huge amounts of sticking with the air forks and the oem dampers are just straight up bad. I don't believe FOX and RS don't have the know how or technology to develop or make fantastic suspension, I think they deliberately make crappy stuff so they have more margin to improve bits here and there each generation to get the consumer buying the next best thing. Good suspension feels nothing like these forks come out of the box, it feels well damped and much more supportive whilst also being less harsh on square edge hits and greater small bump sensitivity..granted my fork is noticeably heavier than the standard forks but the performance is completely different...the stock forks the tyre feels like it is pitter pattering above the surface and uses its travel unnecessary if you want to use any setting that is close to acceptable comfort but is harsh as anything when you add compression.. mine on the other hand feels like the tyre is glued to the floor, much more grip, less dive and wallow and better sensitivity and comfort all round. I wouldn't ever entertain the idea of waiting on a next damper iteration from fox or rs, just rip that chap out and fit a proper damper like a FASST or Avalanche and call it a day...you will be left with a better fork than any next gen crap coming from the oems for the next 10 years.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021836
Mobile Version of Website