Ride Wrap...worth it?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Ride Wrap...worth it?
O+
Posted: Jun 11, 2022 at 10:34 Quote
Ispy99 wrote:
Anybody have thoughts or experience with RideWrap fork kits? Just doing a new build and debating whether I should (or really need to) wrap the forks as well. Can't find many photos, examples online so thought I'd bump an older thread to see if anyone had any thoughts. NSMB did an article and the results don't look great but was a fork that had been ridden so that may have contributed.

I just did one, they are quite a bit harder to get to stick without bubbles and there are some really funky bends into the arch that are quite hard to make happen and line up with the other pieces. Might just be the fork I did but the crown pieces do not stick well to the underside because it is stamped and rough.
Some bad photos
photo
photo

Posted: Jun 11, 2022 at 13:33 Quote
Thanks for the pics and the feedback. Looks like your fork is matte, any particular reason you went with the gloss wrap? If I do end up wrapping mine I think I will likely go with the covered kit. Tailored looks like too many finicky pieces (and that seems supported by your feedback).

O+
Posted: Jun 11, 2022 at 14:45 Quote
Ispy99 wrote:
Thanks for the pics and the feedback. Looks like your fork is matte, any particular reason you went with the gloss wrap? If I do end up wrapping mine I think I will likely go with the covered kit. Tailored looks like too many finicky pieces (and that seems supported by your feedback).
Might have been a stock thing. Cant really remember. My dad bought it (it is for his bike) and I think part of it was he wanted the gloss so it would wash off a little better and the rest of the bike is gloss. Matte would probably look a little better.

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 12, 2022 at 15:31 Quote
They work great. Installs easy.

O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2022 at 4:20 Quote
Anybody know how to get an invisiframe kit for YT Jeffsy (XL)?
They have been sold out on they're website forever.

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 7:32 Quote
Tanker4lyfe wrote:
Anybody know how to get an invisiframe kit for YT Jeffsy (XL)?
They have been sold out on they're website forever.

Looks like Ridewrap had them in stock

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 9:16 Quote
After having one bike with RideWrap I have decided it's not worth the cost or hassle to me for any future bikes. It's not that hard to install but it will probably take 3-4 hours for most people wrapping a bare frame. The main reason I won't wrap a frame again is I wasn't satisfied with the protection. The wrap will protect from light scuffs or rubbing on the frame but any wear that I cared about went right through the wrap and scratched my bike up. Now I just use AllMountainStyle protection on key area. Protects much better and only takes me 15 minutes to install.

O+
Posted: Jul 11, 2022 at 6:20 Quote
I just wrapped my first bike with RideWrap.

The jury is still out on the longevity and degree of protection but I have crashed my bike three times now since it was installed and so far no damage. The one spot I do have damage is at the bottom of the downtime where my fidlock bottle mount came loose during a ride (I was carrying no tools) and my bottle just happened to rub on a spot above the motor where there was no protection. That was a bit of a fluke so I won't ding RideWrap for that.

Posted: Oct 8, 2022 at 21:37 Quote
Does Ride Wrap remove easily, without taking factory decals off with it? I’m dreading the cutting required if they are known to lift frame graphics away.

Posted: Dec 29, 2022 at 22:11 Quote
Dilberto wrote:
Does Ride Wrap remove easily, without taking factory decals off with it? I’m dreading the cutting required if they are known to lift frame graphics away.

Same concerns. What did you end up doing?

Posted: Dec 29, 2022 at 22:17 Quote
I spent a fortune on 2023 Fuel ex 9.9 and I’m terrified to ride it and wrap it! Will it screw up any decals or paint taking it off? It’s Satin (Baja yellow) so matte or gloss? Guessing matte. It’s such a gorgeous carbon frame and don’t really want the lines and gaps, but also don’t want the scuffs and scratches…

Conundrum

Anyone relate ?

O+
Posted: Dec 31, 2022 at 19:56 Quote
PatrickWOtYgR wrote:
I spent a fortune on 2023 Fuel ex 9.9 and I’m terrified to ride it and wrap it! Will it screw up any decals or paint taking it off? It’s Satin (Baja yellow) so matte or gloss? Guessing matte. It’s such a gorgeous carbon frame and don’t really want the lines and gaps, but also don’t want the scuffs and scratches…

Conundrum

Anyone relate ?

Wrap it before you ride it. You really shouldn’t need to take it off, but it does come off without taking paint off, as long as the paint job was done properly.

Posted: Jan 1, 2023 at 15:49 Quote
[Quote="Matt7082"] putting Ride Wrap on it. Is it worth it? /Quote]

Nope.
If anyone wants to place some protection - use those "car" protection films (or whatever those called)..
More durable, much cheaper, so you can wrap the whole frame totally.

O+
Posted: Jan 1, 2023 at 22:00 Quote
[Quote="ka81"]
Matt7082 wrote:
putting Ride Wrap on it. Is it worth it? /Quote]

Nope.
If anyone wants to place some protection - use those "car" protection films (or whatever those called)..

Cheaper but a bigger pain in the ass to install and look nice. You will spend a week trying to cut every piece yourself. The materials are the same or nearly identical. The parts that are left uncovered are generally just seams, so you get 99% coverage with a full kit.

Posted: Jan 2, 2023 at 2:16 Quote
[Quote="Branmuffin"]
ka81 wrote:
Matt7082 wrote:
putting Ride Wrap on it. Is it worth it? /Quote]

Nope.

Cheaper but a bigger pain in the ass to install and look nice. You will spend a week trying to cut every piece yourself. The materials are the same or nearly identical. The parts that are left uncovered are generally just seams, so you get 99% coverage with a full kit.
week ? )) what's wrong wtih your hands?.. Wink

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027840
Mobile Version of Website