O+
Posted: May 20, 2022 at 15:14 Quote
photo

Got a Fox Float X installed

Posted: May 21, 2022 at 9:17 Quote
matt-15 wrote:
photo

Got a Fox Float X installed

How are you liking that shock? I've been really liking the super deluxe on mine, made a huge improvement over the DPS that was stock. That Kashima looks really good on there though, bet it rides a lot better.

O+
Posted: May 21, 2022 at 11:38 Quote
So far so good, have only taken it on one ride though. My previous Trance I swapped the DPS for a DPX2 and that made a big difference, which is why I chose to upgrade the shock on this bike so soon after buying it, and so far I’m seeing the same improvements on my new Trance X as my last Trance did

Posted: May 23, 2022 at 3:19 Quote
matt-15 wrote:
So far so good, have only taken it on one ride though. My previous Trance I swapped the DPS for a DPX2 and that made a big difference, which is why I chose to upgrade the shock on this bike so soon after buying it, and so far I’m seeing the same improvements on my new Trance X as my last Trance did

Had a warranty issue with my stock Fox DPS (air can leak, probably faulty weld?), local agents sorted that in July 2021 by replacing the can..
Fast forward to April 2022 when I broke the damper rod shaft (end sheared right off, have the parts) had that repaired by local suspension servicing experts.
Always felt that my shock was really working too hard for the terrain I was riding (set it up with Quarq Shockwiz); have 0.8 volume spacer in there instead of stock 0.4.
Also increased my fork travel to 160mm which really brought the bike to life for me!
I don't think a coil would be the best option (suspension leverage curve design maybe a bit linear and tuned to air shock) next but interested to hear about DPX2 ride from other users?
Thanks!

Posted: May 24, 2022 at 11:49 Quote
Swampmonster wrote:
matt-15 wrote:

Had a warranty issue with my stock Fox DPS (air can leak, probably faulty weld?), local agents sorted that in July 2021 by replacing the can..
Fast forward to April 2022 when I broke the damper rod shaft (end sheared right off, have the parts) had that repaired by local suspension servicing experts.
Always felt that my shock was really working too hard for the terrain I was riding (set it up with Quarq Shockwiz); have 0.8 volume spacer in there instead of stock 0.4.
Also increased my fork travel to 160mm which really brought the bike to life for me!
I don't think a coil would be the best option (suspension leverage curve design maybe a bit linear and tuned to air shock) next but interested to hear about DPX2 ride from other users?
Thanks!

Agreed, 160mm travel fork brought the bike alive for me.
The DPS is kind of dead feeling. Good for DH plowing but not as lively as a big trail bike should be. Been tossing around the DVO and RS offings. DVO will put a tune on for free. Fox will for how much $$& and how long of wait. RS do it yourself?

O+
Posted: May 26, 2022 at 13:47 Quote
Snake-Plisskin wrote:
Swampmonster wrote:
matt-15 wrote:

Thanks!

Agreed, 160mm travel fork brought the bike alive for me.
The DPS is kind of dead feeling. Good for DH plowing but not as lively as a big trail bike should be. Been tossing around the DVO and RS offings. DVO will put a tune on for free. Fox will for how much $$& and how long of wait. RS do it yourself?

With a 160mm fork do you still run it in the slack setting or do you run the steep setting to keep a similar HTA? Eventually I want to get a Factory fork to match the Kashima on the rear shock and after reading this I'm debating if I want to change travel numbers when I do

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 1:26 Quote
[With a 160mm fork do you still run it in the slack setting or do you run the steep setting to keep a similar HTA? Eventually I want to get a Factory fork to match the Kashima on the rear shock and after reading this I'm debating if I want to change travel numbers when I do[/Quote]
I run it in the slack setting all the time. The one time it was in the high setting without my prior knowledge (after LBS replaced some linkage bearings for me). After riding familiar trails in the high setting at that time the downhill performance was just not the same, really did not enjoy the high setting.
I haven't noticed any significant change in climbing after changing to 160mm up front.
I also run zero spacers and 38mm rise bars.

Posted: May 27, 2022 at 6:24 Quote
Slack and low setting with a 160mm RS Lyric.

IMO the 44mm offset makes it more twitchy, not the extra axle to crown length.

Posted: Jun 3, 2022 at 14:04 Quote
photo
Coil front/coil rear has been great so far! Haven't felt the need to re-shim the rear shock either, running a progressive spring has been ticket to bottom-out resistance. We'll see how it fairs during bike park season here in CO later this summer.

Posted: Jun 3, 2022 at 15:55 Quote
If anyone knows someone looking for a frame I just listed my carbon frame for sale, size medium like new and wrapped with RideWrap from day 1.

Posted: Jun 3, 2022 at 16:58 Quote
NHmtnrider wrote:
photo
Coil front/coil rear has been great so far! Haven't felt the need to re-shim the rear shock either, running a progressive spring has been ticket to bottom-out resistance. We'll see how it fairs during bike park season here in CO later this summer.

That is Hawt! Please let me know how it rides long term. A lot of my CO friends swear by MRP suspension, but I ended up going with cane creek on my last bike. My trance has RS stuff now because that’s all I could find in stock, but I’m considering going to a cane creek coil setup with their progressive spring when available, so please let me know how it fares. Bike is a stunner congrats man!

Posted: Jun 4, 2022 at 19:40 Quote
Da-Moose wrote:
NHmtnrider wrote:
photo

That is Hawt! Please let me know how it rides long term. A lot of my CO friends swear by MRP suspension, but I ended up going with cane creek on my last bike. My trance has RS stuff now because that’s all I could find in stock, but I’m considering going to a cane creek coil setup with their progressive spring when available, so please let me know how it fares. Bike is a stunner congrats man!

Thanks man! Second season on this setup and couldn’t be happier. I actually live here in Grand Jct and work at MRP so I'm partial to our stuff. Smile

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2022 at 8:15 Quote
How's the stock frame bearings holding up for everyone? Coming up on 2 years on my '21 X and still on the original bearings. Still quiet and seem to be working fine. Had the shock off a few months ago and one of the lower shock bearings felt a tiny bit gritty but not enough for concern. No idea how gritty the lower rear linkage ones might be since they're right in the line of fire of the rear wheel spray but I'm too lazy to take it apart to find out.

Thinking of ordering a set to have on hand in case any of the stock ones grenade on me though.

Posted: Jul 14, 2022 at 10:32 Quote
WY228 wrote:
How's the stock frame bearings holding up for everyone? Coming up on 2 years on my '21 X and still on the original bearings. Still quiet and seem to be working fine. Had the shock off a few months ago and one of the lower shock bearings felt a tiny bit gritty but not enough for concern. No idea how gritty the lower rear linkage ones might be since they're right in the line of fire of the rear wheel spray but I'm too lazy to take it apart to find out.

Thinking of ordering a set to have on hand in case any of the stock ones grenade on me though.

Mine have been holding up great, also coming on two years with about 2500 miles on/offroad (around 50/50). Only thing I would look for are the bearings closest to the bottom bracket as those can get more water or dust on them.

O+
Posted: Jul 14, 2022 at 10:56 Quote
mrkj221 wrote:
WY228 wrote:

Mine have been holding up great, also coming on two years with about 2500 miles on/offroad (around 50/50). Only thing I would look for are the bearings closest to the bottom bracket as those can get more water or dust on them.

Yep those are the ones I'm most worried about, they're pretty much always caked in dirt. But overall suspension feels smooth and no noise yet.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015447
Mobile Version of Website