Privateer Bikes 161

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Privateer Bikes 161
  • Previous Page
FL
Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 10:33 Quote
I know the frame isn't even out yet but with one on order I thought I might get the ball rolling.

Posted: Dec 27, 2019 at 12:12 Quote
Oh I can’t wait to see one of those built. Geo looks like something I can get onboard with...

Posted: Mar 3, 2020 at 1:10 Quote
https://www.privateerbikes.com/products/privateer-161?variant=30291574325351

Leverage ratios and other kinematics have been added to the website.

Quite interesting, Specialized harped on about rearward axle path and lower leverage ratio, but in reality for them it was an incremental change from the old enduro. At a glance, the 161 is similar to the Raaw.

Not long to wait!

Posted: Mar 3, 2020 at 5:08 Quote
sir-hc wrote:
[ ... ] an incremental change from the old enduro.

It was one of the largest changes in kinematics between model revisions in the single-ring era.

The 161 is similar to a number of bikes bikes in its kinematics. The most notable feature is how high the pedaling anti-squat is on the 161.

FL
Posted: Mar 3, 2020 at 9:55 Quote
So who has a frame due soon? I've got an initial due date of 2nd week of March but I wouldn't be surprised if I had to wait a bit longer.

Posted: Mar 3, 2020 at 9:56 Quote
Black or raw? I'm hearing the raw frames have been pushed back to May.

FL
Posted: Mar 3, 2020 at 10:34 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
Black or raw? I'm hearing the raw frames have been pushed back to May.
I've got a black P3, to be honest I'd be really surprised if they get them out on time. It's pretty rare for first production runs to be on time. The fact that they haven't asked for payment yet makes me think it might be a bit delayed. Fingers crossed I can get it in time for a riding holiday over Easter.

Posted: Mar 3, 2020 at 11:00 Quote
My friend is in the same situation, waiting on a raw P3. His vacation is in May and it's already booked and paid for, so he's more than a little anxious.

FL
Posted: Mar 3, 2020 at 11:18 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
My friend is in the same situation, waiting on a raw P3. His vacation is in May and it's already booked and paid for, so he's more than a little anxious.

Luckily I've still got functioning bike to use if it doesn't work out in time. I would guess people down for the first runs should hear soon if things are on schedule or if there is a delay. As long as I have it for the summer I won't cry too much...

Posted: Mar 3, 2020 at 11:32 Quote
I'd say my friend is in the same situation, though I'm hesitant to refer to a 2016 Rocky Mountain Altitude with 75 mm less reach as a "functioning bike" Wink

Posted: Mar 7, 2020 at 3:48 Quote
I am so stoked to get mine. I have been hoarding small parts to trick it out since I put the order in at Christmas. That bike is going to be insane!
But I am worried. The container is supposed to arrive last week of April. Do we know if the new May estimate is for the April container, or a second container?

I hope it doesn't get further delayed in customs because of the korona virus. Although, I am not to worried, since it only survives a couple of days on surfaces. My other worry is that since it is new and untested, if there is a problem with the frames it will take several more weeks till replacement parts show up. The first race I am attending is mid/late may. It is going to be tight. I have sold both of my bikes to buy the 161.

Posted: Mar 8, 2020 at 8:08 Quote
I asked Privateer :-D

And I guess this is true for the other shipping dates as well. The April container will arrive in April. And the mid may delivery date is for a shipment arriving mid May.

FL
Posted: Mar 8, 2020 at 8:35 Quote
bengtleon wrote:
I asked Privateer :-D

And I guess this is true for the other shipping dates as well. The April container will arrive in April. And the mid may delivery date is for a shipment arriving mid May.

That is promising. Fingers crossed the mid March frames will be coming soon!

FL
Posted: Mar 9, 2020 at 4:19 Quote
From Privateer today. "Thanks for getting in touch. The Frames are in production and are scheduled to be Qc checked next week then they will be shipped out to us. So we are aiming to have frames with customers by the end of the Month. Sorry, the time scale has slipped slightly We haven't been directly affected by corona but everything is running a little bit slower at the moment due to it."

Posted: Mar 9, 2020 at 8:25 Quote
That's great news :-D
I should have put in the order earlier I guess, still six weeks or so till my frame is supposed to show up

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.279859
Mobile Version of Website