GT not honoring warranty!

PB Forum :: GT
GT not honoring warranty!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 4, 2019 at 16:57 Quote
My frame cracked at the welds under the seat post/triple triangle. I took it into the bike shop where I bought it new for inspection, and they forwarded photos to GT, and they denied my warranty, even thought I was well under the minim seat post requirement.

Has anybody had a similar issue? I was told when I bought it that my Made in the USA frame was warrantied for anything short of running it over with a truck. Apparently not.

Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 9:08 Quote
It’s an object that is bashed around and so of course in the mtb world don’t expect a free meal ticket

Also how old is the frame ?

O+
Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 9:16 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
It’s an object that is bashed around and so of course in the mtb world don’t expect a free meal ticket

Also how old is the frame ?

The major bike brands offer a lifetime warranty on the frame (usually to the original owner only). Why do you say "don't expect a free meal ticket" when it's a reasonable expectation and the bike carries a warranty?

Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 10:17 Quote
Warranty usually implies and even states that it covers manufacturing defects and that this is usually picked up on in first few months of ownership.

I can only speculate as to how old the op’s frame is but I’m guessing old.

Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 10:17 Quote
We’ve been given little info imo

Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 18:01 Quote
I have really enjoyed this bike. I have a Turner 5 Spot that I put the tough miles on.
That being said, the seat post was 3” under the line as it’s been since the day I bought it new. I was 4 miles from camp with my kids on a gravel incline when it broke at the welds. I thought GT would at least give me a discount towards another frame or bike. I’ve been loyal to them, used to ride BMX on them, and both my kids ride them now. Bummed out.

Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 21:35 Quote
GTbackwoods1 wrote:
I have really enjoyed this bike. I have a Turner 5 Spot that I put the tough miles on.
That being said, the seat post was 3” under the line as it’s been since the day I bought it new. I was 4 miles from camp with my kids on a gravel incline when it broke at the welds. I thought GT would at least give me a discount towards another frame or bike. I’ve been loyal to them, used to ride BMX on them, and both my kids ride them now. Bummed out.

Have you tried contacting GT directly?

You might get a better response.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009854
Mobile Version of Website