Ibis dv9 designed for teenaged girl! 7 yr warranty garbage! buyer beware!

PB Forum :: Ibis
Ibis dv9 designed for teenaged girl! 7 yr warranty garbage! buyer beware!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 31, 2019 at 7:39 Quote
I really hate to be that guy. Always happy to pay for a quality product that a company stands behind. Going through the warranty process for my DV9 left a very bad taste in my mouth. Ibis for life.....I THINK NOT!

The Ibis DV9 was designed for a teenage girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!! 7 Year Warranty is Garbage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!

I purchased a large GX build when the bike was released late last fall. It was the first Ibis I have ever owned, always wanted one since they had the "Hand Job" cable hanger. Yup, been MTBing since the late 80s. I enjoyed getting back on a hardtail in contrast to my enduro rig. While recovering form a hand injury the bike helped me gain a new appreciation for the convenient local trails, which are flat and relatively not technical (think smooth and twisty). This bike brought lunch loops back in to the mix for me.

Early this spring I discovered a crack in the chainstay. To say I was bummed is an understatement. So I contacted Ibis to warranty the frame and was almost excited and the potential to replace/upgrade to the new Ripley. Ibis was very responsive throughout the claim process, however they ultimately determined that the crack was due to an impact and not manufacturer defect. Given the fact that I was injured much of the time I had this bike and that the bike was never dropped, crashed, or ridden in rocky terrain I find the outcome unacceptable. So basically something must have kicked up form the trial and damaged this frame. Sorry, not interested in owning a frame that was designed for a teenage girl...…..BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!

Posted: Aug 3, 2019 at 9:16 Quote
Yh that suck donkey balls.

I purchased a new mojo and wasn’t impressed with the creaking so got rid quick.

Most expensive bike I ever bought. Lost over 50% of what I paid in sale for an as new complete.

It was alright. Dw link fantastic. They look fancy these carbon frames but man don’t they suck just cracking making noises etc and yes they are overated for me at least.

Back on a Ti ht and steel ht and much prefer them to pick lines and do well everything on

Ibis’ wheels are not all that neither and are mega bucks however suppose they serve a purpose. I did ding slightly my rim on first decentish ride out

As for warranty. Did you take photos of before you packaged up for warranty and possibly worth going to trading standards or equivelent of to claim monies that way or a replacement

Try mtbr forum to post a complaint.
Ibis directly reply to sort out better that way as I have seen in past

O+
Posted: Aug 7, 2019 at 15:29 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
Yh that suck donkey balls.

I purchased a new mojo and wasn’t impressed with the creaking so got rid quick.

Most expensive bike I ever bought. Lost over 50% of what I paid in sale for an as new complete.

It was alright. Dw link fantastic. They look fancy these carbon frames but man don’t they suck just cracking making noises etc and yes they are overated for me at least.

Back on a Ti ht and steel ht and much prefer them to pick lines and do well everything on

Ibis’ wheels are not all that neither and are mega bucks however suppose they serve a purpose. I did ding slightly my rim on first decentish ride out

As for warranty. Did you take photos of before you packaged up for warranty and possibly worth going to trading standards or equivelent of to claim monies that way or a replacement

Try mtbr forum to post a complaint.
Ibis directly reply to sort out better that way as I have seen in past
Well he did. But he got crucified for showing no evidence, ranting like the teenaged girl he talked about, and wanting to warranty replace his DV9 for a Ripley that he took his ball and went home. Thread closed in record time.

Posted: Dec 18, 2019 at 18:33 Quote
Sorry to hear I love my RIPLEY and DV9 and not sure what happened but Incan tell you my experience with IBIS and The warranty department has been second to none. It is the product and service that make me a customer BUT I do have the best IBIS dealer in the US so that may be the reason.

Posted: Dec 18, 2019 at 20:23 Quote
Yeah a decent dealer makes all the difference

Posted: Jan 1, 2020 at 17:16 Quote
CChance315 wrote:
Sorry to hear I love my RIPLEY and DV9 and not sure what happened but Incan tell you my experience with IBIS and The warranty department has been second to none. It is the product and service that make me a customer BUT I do have the best IBIS dealer in the US so that may be the reason.

What Ibis dealer do you live by? Just curious.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009923
Mobile Version of Website