What are we expecting in 2020, new colors on hd4,ripmo or an hd5? Thoughts?

PB Forum :: Ibis
What are we expecting in 2020, new colors on hd4,ripmo or an hd5? Thoughts?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 26, 2019 at 19:44 Quote
Im hoping a new Ripmo color, good excuse to get on the 29er band wagon, off of my hd4.

O+
Posted: Aug 29, 2019 at 9:17 Quote
What month do they typically refresh the frames? I am looking to pick up a Ripmo frame at some point this season or over the winter.

O+
Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 4:27 Quote
Anyone anticipate a change to the Ripmo this year because of the Ripmo AF geometry and kinematics changes? I think the kinematics changes are coming for sure just don’t know how soon.
I am really confused on wether to pick up the Ripmo AF or a Ripmo frame.

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 4:30 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
Anyone anticipate a change to the Ripmo this year because of the Ripmo AF geometry and kinematics changes? I think the kinematics changes are coming for sure just don’t know how soon.

AF. Spend the money you saved on fancy suspension, perpetually fresh front tires, and / or a bike trip. Better return on investment.

O+
Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 5:08 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
Branmuffin wrote:

AF. Spend the money you saved on fancy suspension, perpetually fresh front tires, and / or a bike trip. Better return on investment.

I am going to try and demo both, my lbs has a AF for sale but not sure about for demo yet. I have a feeling I end up on an AF, and since DVO is my suspension of choice makes the value even better.

Posted: Sep 14, 2019 at 6:07 Quote
For a given budget, the carbon version will never bridge the performance gap to the AF with better suspension and components.

Difficult to say whether the kinematic changes will appear on the carbon version. It would require new molds, so it may not happen next year.

The difference in kinematics isn't huge. I do like the direction they've gone, though, and the motion ratio curve is now more in line with its peers.

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 10:50 Quote
I may or may not have heard that the Ripmo will be getting the same geometry as the Ripmo AF in early 2020.

O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 13:15 Quote
Three6ty wrote:
I may or may not have heard that the Ripmo will be getting the same geometry as the Ripmo AF in early 2020.

I came to the opposite conclusion after a conversation with someone at Ibis, but that doesn’t mean much.
I would be very interested to see how it compares to the current carbon Ripmo.

O+ FL
Posted: Nov 9, 2019 at 17:26 Quote
That's funny. Maybe they are trying to keep us on our toes, because I heard my info from someone who works at Ibis as well.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009720
Mobile Version of Website