Santa Cruz Megatower

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Megatower
O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 9:00 Quote
MikeTheBike80 wrote:
sharpy182 wrote:
I originally bought the bike with a air shock. A brand new one came on to eBay so I bought it. it did have a knocking noise to start with…. But once to shock settled in after a few ride if when away, shock feels great now. so I’d suggest to just ride it, let it bed in. make sure you’ve got the right spring weight. I’m looking to change my spring soon because I’ve been told Rock shox springs are commonly inconsistent.

Ok, thanks. Maybe a reason to go for a Fox DHX.
There are many complaints on Youtube regarding this shock noise, so maybe a poor
quality control at Rockshox…

Mike, how are you getting on with your shock? Have things settled in?

Posted: Jun 15, 2021 at 23:28 Quote
rickyvic wrote:
Anybody tried to make it mullet? I did but I have to raise the bb a bit. I simulated the geometry and it seems the bb height difference is about 10mm between 29 and 27.5? Is this sound correct?

Been running mine mullet for nearly a year now. BB was low but perfectly manageable. I did however install 2 offset bushings to raise BB height. Paired with a 170mm fork there is minimal BB drop now.
She rips.
Each bush adds about 3.5mm

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 1:11 Quote
steveo825 wrote:
rickyvic wrote:
Anybody tried to make it mullet? I did but I have to raise the bb a bit. I simulated the geometry and it seems the bb height difference is about 10mm between 29 and 27.5? Is this sound correct?

Been running mine mullet for nearly a year now. BB was low but perfectly manageable. I did however install 2 offset bushings to raise BB height. Paired with a 170mm fork there is minimal BB drop now.
She rips.

I use mine mainlly to ride park in the summer

it is set up 180mm / 160mm with 165mm cranks and I don't have issues with bb height. I reckon it was something like 337mm when I measured it.

Head angle is quite DH bike territory being sub 63° :-D

photo

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 5:01 Quote
steveo825 wrote:
rickyvic wrote:

She rips.

Stupid question, but where do you get offset bushings from?

Posted: Jun 16, 2021 at 14:07 Quote
We sell them at Offsetbushings.com also.

That said, no Offset Bushings are designed to be used in reverse as they'll try to rotate. So try this setup at your own risk!

Posted: Jun 17, 2021 at 8:32 Quote
@jezzah so the offset bushings are designed to be used to slacken but not to steepen? I did not know...

Posted: Jun 17, 2021 at 13:35 Quote
Regarding the Super Deluxe Coil, has anyone found a solution to alternative coils? I tried an MRP one but its spacers don't go past the bearing hardware (heard the same for SAR too).

Posted: Jun 17, 2021 at 13:41 Quote
chrysanthos wrote:
Regarding the Super Deluxe Coil, has anyone found a solution to alternative coils? I tried an MRP one but its spacers don't go past the bearing hardware (heard the same for SAR too).

The Sprindex springs work, but you do have to thread them on. You can’t just slide them on.

Posted: Jun 17, 2021 at 15:22 Quote
Hi! I have a superdeluxe R on my mega and I have finally been able to save for a fox x2. Any setting recommendations for 70kg? Thanx!

Posted: Jun 18, 2021 at 0:48 Quote
codahale wrote:
chrysanthos wrote:

The Sprindex springs work, but you do have to thread them on. You can’t just slide them on.

As long as the bearing hardware is not an issue, I'm fine with it.

Posted: Jun 22, 2021 at 15:35 Quote
photo
photo

Coming from 2018 HTLT

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 1:23 Quote
balentong16 wrote:
photo
photo

Coming from 2018 HTLT

Very nice. The yellow does look good when a build is done right.

O+
Posted: Jun 23, 2021 at 7:26 Quote
I like the yellow. Didn't think I would when I first saw it online, but in person I think it looks great. Purple and yellow seem to work nicely together too.

Posted: Jul 4, 2021 at 15:20 Quote
Hey guys, what are the base tunes for the Rock Shox Super Deluxe Air / Coil the Megatower shipped with last year? Was it M/L for the Air shock?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.022170
Mobile Version of Website