Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!

PB Forum :: United Kingdom
Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 7, 2019 at 13:40 Quote
How many of you are out there? How many have been mistreated and ripped off? Who had to deal with their terrible customer service?

FL
Posted: Feb 9, 2019 at 8:37 Quote
What problems have you had? I don't own one, but their frames from Marino look excellent quality. If it's waiting time it could be because they're waiting for frames from Peru.

Posted: Feb 9, 2019 at 9:06 Quote
Been waiting for the frame for almost a year. Ordered one March 2018. Been told when ordering it's 40 day lead time. 2k titanium frame. Been very patient and understanding. Had enough of their bulshit and requested for a refund about a month ago. Still haven't heard from them. Their customer service is as useless. It's a rip off. Pretty pissed off..

FL
Posted: Feb 9, 2019 at 10:30 Quote
That's bad.
I didn't even realise they were selling titanium frames, I guess they're probably sourced from Taiwan like Stanton and Kingdom frames used to be.

They sell amazing looking frames, but sadly only seem to import small orders each time, maybe your order slipped into their next delivery. They should have let you know months ago and given you the chance to cancel your order.

Hopefully you'll get something sorted soon!

Posted: Feb 9, 2019 at 12:27 Quote
How did you pay? If you used Paypal or a credit card you may have some recourse through them.

Posted: Feb 9, 2019 at 13:17 Quote
Been told at the start that frames are made in UK and then turned out that they were not.. Seemed like they hadn't a clue what was going on.. That made me worry after giving them 2k for the frame.. I could see what was going on and have been very patient and understanding.. There was zero communication even they promised to keep updated and send build pictures. Very dishonest.

Posted: Feb 9, 2019 at 13:21 Quote
metaam wrote:
How did you pay? If you used Paypal or a credit card you may have some recourse through them.

Debit card.. I've applied for chargeback. I'm not worried about getting my money back it's about how far I'll have to go to get it back..

Posted: Feb 9, 2019 at 13:26 Quote
They were constantly moaning how everything is difficult, unloading their problems.. Felt sorry for them and even offered financial help.. Bloody sickened..

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 9:55 Quote
They’re getting bad rep by the day now. Check on STW.com forum for equally pissed off funders(customers).

There’s no way I’d hand over 2k for a Sick even if it is Ti. Nor have paid via debit card but won’t blame you!

If & when monies are refunded, I would be looking at other options cheaper in Ti.
Some Ti frames can be had new a lot cheaper by reputable brands not a style bs way of life like sick cycles are.

I saw a video on YouTube of sick cycles guy with a new set of cane creek Ewing’s titanium cranks for his own bike. My bet is is that he spent your’s and others monies on his own kit.

Absolute shitter bud, I do feel your pain I do.

All the best with recovering monies. :-)

Posted: Feb 10, 2019 at 15:59 Quote
titaniumtit wrote:
They’re getting bad rep by the day now. Check on STW.com forum for equally pissed off funders(customers).

There’s no way I’d hand over 2k for a Sick even if it is Ti. Nor have paid via debit card but won’t blame you!

If & when monies are refunded, I would be looking at other options cheaper in Ti.
Some Ti frames can be had new a lot cheaper by reputable brands not a style bs way of life like sick cycles are.

I saw a video on YouTube of sick cycles guy with a new set of cane creek Ewing’s titanium cranks for his own bike. My bet is is that he spent your’s and others monies on his own kit.

Absolute shitter bud, I do feel your pain I do.

All the best with recovering monies. :-)

That is how it seems to me that he spent my money on something else.. Asked Jordan on instagram numerous times where's my frame and he said it should be with you any day now...other time said it should've been with you now.. Bloody morons doesn't have a clue what's going on in their own business.. or maybe they do and they're using people like that. Since issue arisen of facebook they've archived their group and had their heads buried in the sand since.. Don't replay to emails. Requested my refund over a month ago and still haven't heard from them.

FL
Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 6:58 Quote
When you asked for a refund, did you get a reply? With a yes or no answer?

It might be worth opening a small claims court claim against them. I had to do it a fair few years ago when I purchased a Peugeot 106 shell with fitted roll cage. The company never delivered, so opened a claim, and they were ordered to pay me back. Unfortunately the final check bounced, but I got most of my money back and they are no longer trading.

If the issue gets resolved before it hits court, then you can just close it.

Maybe they will refund you in t-shirts, socks and titanium bongs..... as that appears to be more important than actually supplying a paying customer with what they ordered...… the mind literally boggles.

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 14:23 Quote
Yes SMALL CLAIMS is a way forward.

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 15:53 Quote
James, customer service dude, is pretty useless at this point. Says he'll look into and will get back asap but it takes ages.. no hope with him really. Finally got a replay today from I believe Tim or Jordan (wasn't signed) telling usual nonsense how things are hectic and that big changes coming soon to sort the logistics and all.. rubbish.
I'm meeting with my solicitor this week a gonna bring this up. Have applied for chargeback already but could take a week or two and it's the lightest form to get my money back. Giving them time or maybe chance before I'll go through courts. A single court appearance could end their show.. Can't believe have to deal with someone like this Facepalm
I do hope the refund is not going to be in stem caps, t- shirts and socks Big Grin ..

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 15:58 Quote
v7fmp wrote:
When you asked for a refund, did you get a reply? With a yes or no answer?

It might be worth opening a small claims court claim against them. I had to do it a fair few years ago when I purchased a Peugeot 106 shell with fitted roll cage. The company never delivered, so opened a claim, and they were ordered to pay me back. Unfortunately the final check bounced, but I got most of my money back and they are no longer trading.

If the issue gets resolved before it hits court, then you can just close it.

Maybe they will refund you in t-shirts, socks and titanium bongs..... as that appears to be more important than actually supplying a paying customer with what they ordered...… the mind literally boggles.

James said he forwarded matter to so called directors but it has been a month since and I haven't heard from them yet. Total bollocks. As you say mind literally boggles ..

Posted: Feb 11, 2019 at 16:24 Quote
I'm afraid that is the sound of a company going out of business.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010769
Mobile Version of Website