Don Valley Toronto MTB

O+
Posted: Apr 29, 2019 at 8:12 Quote
blazekelly wrote:
I will be heading to the Don for my first time this Saturday (May 4th) if anybody wants to to get out for a ride

Hey man, PM later in the week and "ll see if I can meet up for a tour.

Posted: Apr 30, 2019 at 16:45 Quote
blazekelly wrote:
I will be heading to the Don for my first time this Saturday (May 4th) if anybody wants to to get out for a ride

I finish work at 3pm and could be there for approx 4pm. Rain is forecast the next few days, hopefully it dries up by Saturday.

If your riding around that time, I'm game.

O+ FL
Posted: Apr 30, 2019 at 19:16 Quote
Hey @Sh00ter, Yeah I'm a little worried about the rain. However if it holds off enough, I think you should maybe take a sick day and come riding a bit earlier Haha jk.
4pm is to late for this guy. I'm staying at a hotel with my gf. Shes in a conference for the morning, so I get the morning/early aft to myself but have to be back in time to get ready for the fancy dinner the conference is hosting. Thanks for the response though, maybe we can try to arrange something another time.

Posted: Aug 3, 2019 at 10:42 Quote
I just got back from a ride in The Don where I found a cool abandoned trail. It's connected to G-Spot and easy to find. If Roller Flowster is rated a double black, this trail should definitely be rated a pro line. The trail includes a couple stupidly steep sections, a medium sized step up gap jump, a small drop with a steep landing, and a couple other little features. If you're a highly skilled rider then this is definitely worth checking out. Most of the trail/features appear to be in rideable condition, but I warn against riding this trail alone due to its combination of danger and lack of foot traffic.

I'm hoping someone might be willing to share the location of other hidden gems in The Don? I miss riding The Ridge 10+ years ago when it was filled with inventive wooden features. Please PM if you're concerned about attracting too much attention. I'd be willing to do some trail work in exchange for this kind of information.

I found a video on a trail called, "Donaconda". Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGtgZ_9z_NU . Please PM the location of this trail if you know it

Posted: Aug 6, 2019 at 23:03 Quote
So. I watched that video. I have NEVER seen that trail before. It looks pretty fun. I've been trying to figure out where it is.
At the end, the rider pops out on a road that follows the DVP. I've been studying maps and cant find a definitive answer. I've ridden pretty much all trails in the Don. Save for Razors Edge. But I dont believe it to be the one.

As for the other trail off of Gspot, I think i remember seeing it every now and then but am always in a rush to ride Gspot so I never end up checking it out. However, while riding Lower Rehab, i have noticed a trail with some jumps down down at the bottom of the valley. I have yet to check it out. Keep an eye out for it.

Posted: Aug 7, 2019 at 22:05 Quote
okay the good news!

after a short hour of studying the beginning and ending of the video, and cross referencing google maps, I have located the trail!!

Now the bad news.......

Im not telling anyone! hehehe

Posted: Aug 8, 2019 at 14:18 Quote
Sh00terMcGavin wrote:
okay the good news!

after a short hour of studying the beginning and ending of the video, and cross referencing google maps, I have located the trail!!

Now the bad news.......

Im not telling anyone! hehehe

Please consider PM'ing me the location. If I didn't post the video you almost definitely wouldn't have found the trail this season. I recognize your name from Trailforks and you've left some helpful comments in the past.

O+
Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 9:12 Quote
every bit of trail should be on strava if you guys use it. Trailforks too!

Donaconda has it's moments, but is far better when it's not a jungle in there.

Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 9:51 Quote
JesseE wrote:

Thanks Jesse

O+
Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 10:47 Quote
Noremac47 wrote:
JesseE wrote:

Thanks Jesse I found it on strava. Any other hidden gems on Strava that you'd recommend looking up?

Nothing is hidden from Strava!

Are you riding in the east don?

Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 16:45 Quote
JesseE wrote:
Noremac47 wrote:
JesseE wrote:

Thanks Jesse I found it on strava. Any other hidden gems on Strava that you'd recommend looking up?

Nothing is hidden from Strava!

Are you riding in the east don?

Thanks I'll have to spend some time exploring on Strava. Yes I mostly ride in the east don. Off the top of your head do you know of any trails in the general Don Valley region that aren't listed on trailforks and would appeal to someone who enjoys the ridge, catalyst, roller flowster etc?

O+
Posted: Aug 9, 2019 at 16:51 Quote
No, if you like those you're pretty much in the don top 10 which are all busy. East is a bit more natural. Ride Motown and Fruitloop?

Posted: Aug 30, 2019 at 0:16 Quote
JesseE wrote:
No, if you like those you're pretty much in the don top 10 which are all busy. East is a bit more natural. Ride Motown and Fruitloop?

Sorry, but I didn't see your reply until now. I'm a big fan of Motown and Fruitloop, thanks for the suggestions.

O+
Posted: Aug 30, 2019 at 6:29 Quote
Noremac47 wrote:
JesseE wrote:

Sorry, but I didn't see your reply until now. I'm a big fan of Motown and Fruitloop, thanks for the suggestions.

it's just the internet.

I been away for a while and am looking forward to these trails. I generally ride them "backwards" cause I don't really like quads and find this way there is better descending. Totally different vibe in the east. old don

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018915
Mobile Version of Website