Normal offset fork on SBG Patrol

PB Forum :: Transition
Normal offset fork on SBG Patrol
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 3, 2018 at 23:52 Quote
Hi all,

Looking for a fork to fit my 2018 Patrol frame. It has the Speed Balanced Geometry and full bike builds are supplied with shorter offset (37mm vs normal 44mm).

When looking for a fork I've found some good deals on normal (44mm) offset forks, while forks with 37mm are difficult to find for a good price. Preferred is a Fox 36 to match my DPX2 rear shock.

Anyone here using a 44mm offset fork on a 2018/2019 Patrol? Does it affect the handling much?

Thanks!

Posted: Dec 4, 2018 at 17:05 Quote
I'm curious about the same thing but the opposite way around. I'm wondering how the geo and handling would be if I put an SBG fork on my 2017 patrol. Thinking about swapping to a fox 36. I cant find any info on it out there.

Posted: Dec 17, 2018 at 19:13 Quote
I have a 44 on my sbg scout and I love the way it rides. It doesn't feel twitchy at all or wonder on climbs. My guess is it would have a similar feel on the patrol. I ride pretty aggressively on dh trails and don't feel a subtle geometry change would have a significant impact. Super stable at high speeds.

O+ FL
Posted: Dec 19, 2018 at 20:36 Quote
Not digging the handling on my 2018 Patrol while pedaling or going up hill. Get it rolling fast on a DH section and it's much better. Kinda like pedaling my DEMO through the woods to a session something. It makes not want to look at any of the SBG bike at this point.

I believe my plan is to sell in the spring and buy either a Jeffsy or Capra.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010481
Mobile Version of Website