DVO Diamond D1 vs. D2

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 20, 2018 at 18:14 Quote
I'm trying to find any differences between DVO Diamond D1 and D2. I know D2 is OEM only (maybe just Giant?), but what the structural/performance differences? Thanks, Andy

Posted: Nov 20, 2018 at 21:11 Quote
You can ask @finalgear He's our resident DVO expert here on Pinkbike tup

https://www.pinkbike.com/u/finalgear/

Posted: May 4, 2020 at 14:43 Quote
I know this is an old post, but did you ever figure out the answer to this? Does the d2 lack high speed compression adjusters?

Posted: May 6, 2020 at 8:49 Quote
stokedcrf wrote:
I know this is an old post, but did you ever figure out the answer to this? Does the d2 lack high speed compression adjusters?
It is like the difference between a fox performance damper and a grip 2

O+
Posted: May 29, 2023 at 13:38 Quote
Kuhl0033 wrote:
I'm trying to find any differences between DVO Diamond D1 and D2. I know D2 is OEM only (maybe just Giant?), but what the structural/performance differences? Thanks, Andy

Old post but maybe this helps somebody:

D1 is the premium damper, with six clicks low speed compression, many clicks (really, revolutions) of high speed compression, and shim stack dynamic rebound. Also has OTT preload continuous adjustment on the neg spring for a tailored soft top end.

D2 is the budget model, probably better described as the simple one for people who'd rather ride than obsess about settings. To be fair, by all accounts D1 doesn't need to be touched much once you get a setting you like. D2 has 4 clicks low speed compression, no high speed adjustment, and low speed (presumably a needle/port) rebound. It still has the OTT adjustment, but only 3 steps, and internal to the fork. D2 is available to buy, not just OEM.

D3 is the OEM only, as of now at least. It's a more "conventional" arrangement: low speed compression and rebound, tokens to control ramp-up, and I've heard it's a self-equalizing air spring-- negative takes its pressure from the positive chamber more or less as for Fox and RS.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009564
Mobile Version of Website