RSD Middlechild & RS-291 - Builds & Chat

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
RSD Middlechild & RS-291 - Builds & Chat
Posted: Nov 29, 2022 at 17:54 Quote
[Quote="jesse-effing-edwards"]
Cvega624 wrote:
Does a 32 tooth chainring fit on a mc without hitting the chainstays?

I think you have to push it out depending on offset and all that annoying stuff. Email Alex, though, he probably asnwers this weekly or more. My 30T oval ring rubbed a bit .[/Quote

Did you have the first or second version of the bike?

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 6:42 Quote
[Quote="Cvega624"]
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
Cvega624 wrote:
Does a 32 tooth chainring fit on a mc without hitting the chainstays?

I think you have to push it out depending on offset and all that annoying stuff. Email Alex, though, he probably asnwers this weekly or more. My 30T oval ring rubbed a bit .[/Quote

Did you have the first or second version of the bike?

I definitely had the first (steel) but my ti frame I'm not sure. Pretty sure the rear yoke is the same across the board, but again, Alex is the man on this and will probably get back to you really fast.

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 12:22 Quote
32T fit my steel v1 no problem

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2022 at 13:11 Quote
I have a 32t ring on mine and it clears no problem.

Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 9:37 Quote
After experimenting with chainstay length last week I decided to take the plunge and convert my Middlechild to a single speed for the winter! Anyone else running a SS setup on theirs?

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 9:42 Quote
I spent time on an old Kona unit single speed. Great way to build the quads! You'll never try so hard haha. I'm too lazy for that shit now, hahahha.

Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 9:55 Quote
I spent time on an old Kona unit single speed. Great way to build the quads! You'll never try so hard haha. I'm too lazy for that shit now, hahahha.

Haha ya I'm a little scared of that part! But it's winter which means there's not as much climbing, so I thought it'd be a good time to try it out.

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 13:20 Quote
Ksquared13 wrote:

Haha ya I'm a little scared of that part! But it's winter which means there's not as much climbing, so I thought it'd be a good time to try it out.

It's a fun challenge and it is kind of amazing what you get used to. I couldn't do it where i am though, I'd die. Back east there were lots of trails with just enough climbing to keep it interesting but not punishing. If it's snowy you may miss gears.

Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 13:45 Quote
Snow in the higher regions, but I plan to jus stay in the foothills where there’s more rolling terrain.

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 13:55 Quote
Ksquared13 wrote:
Snow in the higher regions, but I plan to jus stay in the foothills where there’s more rolling terrain.
sounds perfect

O+
Posted: Dec 2, 2022 at 15:44 Quote
Ran my v1 ss for over a year, so much fun!

Posted: Dec 3, 2022 at 6:25 Quote
What chainring and chains are you using when setting a bike up for single speed? Still using 11/12 speed chains?

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2022 at 6:36 Quote
I vaguely remember getting a single speed chain, but don't think they play nice with narrow wide rings, but I could be wrong. Been years.

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2022 at 6:37 Quote
I vaguely remember getting a single speed chain, but don't think they play nice with narrow wide rings, but I could be wrong. Been years.

My last one

https://www.pinkbike.com/photo/13588627/

O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2022 at 7:08 Quote
Cvega624 wrote:
What chainring and chains are you using when setting a bike up for single speed? Still using 11/12 speed chains?

I used a steel narrow wide chainring (Raceface) and a steel single speed cog (Surly). Both last forever. 9 speed chain is what I has lying around.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010950
Mobile Version of Website